Windows 10: Windows Sleep Function

Discus and support Windows Sleep Function in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have selected "sleep" after a certain period of inactivity. Though that is selected my screen goes to sleep for a short period of time then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jimmcmajor, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Windows Sleep Function

I have selected "sleep" after a certain period of inactivity. Though that is selected my screen goes to sleep for a short period of time then reappears, then goes to sleep again? This is repetitive ever 5 or so minutes??? Something is causing the screen to come out of sleep, a problem I hope to resolve? Jim

:)

jimmcmajor, Jun 6, 2019

2. My computer does not work with sleep function after latest Windows 10 upgrade.

Hi Florence,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

From your description, I understand your Sleep function on the PC is not working properly after upgrading to Windows 10 operating system.

Before assisting further, i would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if the sleep settings are set appropriately?

• What happens when you perform Sleep function on the PC?

You may be facing the above issue due to change in the power settings from the
    Control panel page on the PC.

If you have not fiddled with the power settings, I suggest you to change the
    Power options from Control panel settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Power Options and select the top most search result.

• Select Change when the computer sleeps option from the left side panel of the window.

• Set the timing from the drop down bar under
      Turn off the display
      and Put the computer to sleep options on the window.

• Click on Save changes.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Sleep function for windows 10

Hi Pamal,

In order to help you with your concern about the sleep function of your Windows 10, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What is the version and build of your Windows 10 PC? To get these information, please follow these steps:
    • Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type Settings and click it.
    • Click System.
    • Click About.
    • Check the Version and OS Build.
    • Is your Windows 10 up-to-date? If not, you may refer to this
      support link
      . You may also refer to this link to know the update history of Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Windows Sleep Function

What is up with the sleep function in Windows 10?

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix the issue with sleep mode.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect power settings.

I suggest you to try the following steps to increase the time limit for computer to go into sleep mode once left it idle:

• Click on Start and click on
      Settings.

• Double-click System.

• In the left pane click on
      Power & Sleep.

• Under the section
      sleep, change the time limit for computer to go to sleep.

• Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows Sleep Function

1. Windows Sleep Function - Similar Threads - Sleep Function

2. Windows 10 freezes when I click sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 freezes when I click sleep: Hello, I recently started having an issue where when I click the sleep button in the start menu on my desktop, my monitors turn off, but my computer does not actually go to sleep. When I press a button on my keyboard to turn the monitors back on, nothing happens, so I have...
  3. PC sleep mode not functionning, ater installing Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903

PC sleep mode not functionning, ater installing Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903: When PC sleep is activate, I cannot reset and sign in. I must reset power. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-sleep-mode-not-functionning-ater-installing/4e73a8e8-abcf-4b62-9c06-a2f71a454373
  4. Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options

Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options: We have multiple computers with windows in the same room. See photo; Computer on the left does not have a sleep option, the computer on the right does. Left Computer is ALWAYS backlit. How do we fix this? [ATTACH]...
  5. Keyboard Shortcut Function key (Fn) and Insert key makes my laptop sleep?

Keyboard Shortcut Function key (Fn) and Insert key makes my laptop sleep?: Does the Function key (Fn) and Insert key on your keyboard make your computer sleep because I press these keys by mistake and it gets kind of out of hand. If there is a way to deactivate it please tell me. My laptop is a Dell by the way so please help me. Thanks....
  6. when try to lower the brightness through functional keys my laptop goes to sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when try to lower the brightness through functional keys my laptop goes to sleep mode.: when try to lower or increase the brightness through functional keys my laptop goes to sleep mode mostly when the laptop is plugged in. it has increased overtime and is more frequent now. my laptop is dell 5558 running on windows 10 and yeah everything is updated....
  7. ASUS Q503UA Windows 10 Update 1803 breaks Sleep function and login PIN access.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS Q503UA Windows 10 Update 1803 breaks Sleep function and login PIN access.: After windows 10 update 1803 sleep function locks up computer. Will not wake from sleep. Screen is black, blank, HDD led stays lit, no blinking activity. I end up having to Hard Reset computer to get it back to using the computer, by holding down the power button. Also...
  8. Disable Hybrid Sleep function no longer working

Disable Hybrid Sleep function no longer working: Since the 19th when my computer installed the following updates Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3135173) Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package (KB3119142) Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for...
  9. ToolTips, Other Functionality, Disappears After Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    ToolTips, Other Functionality, Disappears After Sleep: I am new to Win 10, just purchased a Surface Pro 4 about two weeks ago. Not loving it. Several things that is driving me nuts: The ToolTips that appear when I hover my mouse over the system tray disappear The Surface Pen loses functionality: Clicking the eraser doesn't...
  10. Sleep Mode not fully functional after Windows 10 AU install.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode not fully functional after Windows 10 AU install.: I've just updated my one-year-old 64-bit (Gigabyte board / Intel i5 processor) Windows 10 system with the Anniversary Update. Everything seems to work OK (fortunately) apart from the Sleep Mode. I have an SSD for the Windows system disk / programs and a HDD for data storage....