Windows 10: Windows Sleep

Discus and support Windows Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I put my computer to sleep at night because im lazy and dont want to open everything back up but recently when i come back to wake it up, theres power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JR5802, Sep 28, 2020.

1. JR5802 Win User

Windows Sleep

I put my computer to sleep at night because im lazy and dont want to open everything back up but recently when i come back to wake it up, theres power to the board, signaled by the post code lcd as well as rgb lights, however windows never boots or i guess wakes up. Sometimes it does wake up, but more often than not, it will just shut off then i have to turn it back on again as if i shut down the whole computer.

:)

JR5802, Sep 28, 2020

2. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Windows Sleep

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows Sleep

1. Windows Sleep - Similar Threads - Sleep

2. Problem with Sleep Mode - Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with Sleep Mode - Fresh Install: I just did a Clean Install on an Asus K53SD laptop. Version 2004 Home Edition from USB. Install went smoothly. One problem so far: Going into Sleep from the Power button on the Start Menu, the laptop screen goes black, but the power light stays on and the fan continues to...
  3. When restart happens in sleep mode...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When restart happens in sleep mode...: I've noticed that if I download a cumulative update that requires a restart and I put my laptop in sleep mode when I'm done with it, it apparently wakes up at some point during "inactive hours" and does the restart. But then what? Does it go back into sleep mode as it was...
  4. Inst windows 10 on 6gbps ssd on a HP power sleep mode screen fail wake up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inst windows 10 on 6gbps ssd on a HP power sleep mode screen fail wake up: After installing the latest windows 10 build 19041 on a 6gbps SanDisk SSD PLUS 2000GB on a HP laptop SMBIOSBIOS F.31 when the AMD Radeon R7 Graphics x 768 x 4294967296 colors AMD Radeon Graphics Processor 0x9874 26.20.12028.2 after setting windows display properties longer...
  5. My Laptop always have a stutter problem waking up after sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop always have a stutter problem waking up after sleep: My laptop spec Xps 7390 Intel i7-10710u Ram 16gb I always ran in to problem of stuttering after waking up from sleep. It used to be gone if I try restarting the laptop. But now it just got worse, now the laptop has just gone very slow after booting up it take very long...
  6. Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep: Hi, I have an issue where sound stop whenever my monitor goes to sleep or back. For example, I'm listening to some stone cold heavy metal on Spotify, screen goes to sleep, sound stops for 2-3 seconds, then comes back. When I move my mouse or press a key on my keyboard to...
  7. Sleep issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep issue: Hello, I'm running into a sleep issue. Quick details: -Fresh install tonight. Build 18632. I'm attempting to get the PC to go to sleep so I can test WoL, and here's what happening: the pc will go to sleep for one second, then fire back up and appear to go into a...
  8. Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation: Winver: 19041.572 I made it hibernate yesterday around 5AM and look at how many times it woke up and went back to sleep: I ran this command on powershell "Get-WinEvent -Providername Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter -MaxEvents 5 | Format-List TimeCreated,Message"...
  9. Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep: Hi, I have an issue where sound stop whenever my monitor goes to sleep or back. For example, I'm listening to some stone cold heavy metal on Spotify, screen goes to sleep, sound stops for 2-3 seconds, then comes back. When I move my mouse or press a key on my keyboard to...
  10. Windows Explorer crashes (and restarts) after waking up from sleep eve

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer crashes (and restarts) after waking up from sleep eve: Hello! Windows Explorer crashes on my desktop every time I wake the PC from sleep. It starts up again after 2-3 seconds, but some of my taskbar icons disappear (like FX Sound Enhancer, AMD Adrenaline etc.). I am not sure if this started happening after an update or not,...