Windows 10: Windows sleeping after changing power options

Discus and support Windows sleeping after changing power options in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have a problem where I change the power settings and it doesn't save the settings. After I restart my laptop, the settings do not save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Decenten, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Decenten Win User

Windows sleeping after changing power options

Hey guys,

I have a problem where I change the power settings and it doesn't save the settings. After I restart my laptop, the settings do not save and the laptop sleeps after a couple of minutes leaving it unattended. I tried changing the sleep after unattended option through a regedit but still have the same problem.

Thanks

:)

Decenten, Jan 13, 2019

2. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Louie Del Win User
    System not responding to changes to sleep/ power options

Hi,

The usual cause of the system not to respond with any changes that you’ve made to put it on sleep mode can be related to an incompatible device driver or a software conflict has occurred. Since you’ve taken some troubleshooting steps, let’s try to isolate
    this concern by starting your PC in safe mode. This will help us determine if there are default settings, application, and service that are causing the issue. Here are the steps:

• From Settings
    • Type Settings in the Search box.
    • Select Update & security > Recovery.
    • Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >
      Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in
      Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    • From the sign-in screen
    • Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select
      Power icon > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >
      Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4
      or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select
      5 or F5 for Safe Mode with
      Networking
    Just in case that the issue won’t happen while in safe mode, this means the default settings and the basic drivers aren’t causing the computer not to respond to the changes.

In addition, we’d like to confirm if you’ve tried the Restore default settings for this plan option under
    Power Options. This will revert all the changes that you’ve made already and return to its original settings. It can also wipe these changes that you’ve previously made with the Power settings. Follow these steps:

• Type Power Options in the search box.
    • Select Change when computer sleeps.
    • Click Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Restart your PC and check the result.

We’re just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Windows sleeping after changing power options

missing sleep menu in power

Hi,

Missing Sleep option in Power menu is usually caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When you check the Power options in Control Panel, did you mean that the Sleep option is not displaying in the Shutdown settings?

If you haven't check the Shutdown settings in Control Panel, we suggest to do so and make sure that the Sleep option is enabled. To check the Shutdown settings, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Click System and Security and select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Shutdown settings, put a tick in the Sleep
      box and click Save changes.

If the Sleep option is already enabled and it still doesn't appear in the Power menu, we recommend that you keep the device drivers up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows sleeping after changing power options

1. Windows sleeping after changing power options - Similar Threads - sleeping changing power

2. Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop. Dell Inspiron 5420 12th Gen i7. I am having one problem from day one. My laptop automatically hibernates/shuts down when kept in sleep mode for a long time 7-8 hours. Sleep mode works fine if I use it in 1-2 hours. But if I keep...
  3. Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop. Dell Inspiron 5420 12th Gen i7. I am having one problem from day one. My laptop automatically hibernates/shuts down when kept in sleep mode for a long time 7-8 hours. Sleep mode works fine if I use it in 1-2 hours. But if I keep...
  4. sleep option is missing from power options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep option is missing from power options: all of a sudden the sleep option just disappeared one day when i started up my pc. i have been trying to fix this issue for 2 days and i feel like i've done every possible solution i have seen on the internet....
  5. Cant change "Power Option" after update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant change "Power Option" after update.: Evening everyone. I have a problem i cant solve. After latest update i can't change the "Power Options" for "Turn off display after:" Its greyed out on 10 minutes, saying "Some settings are managed by your system administrator". Now, the computer is not in a domain, i've...
  6. sleep and power option

sleep and power option: my laptop go to sleep by it self even when i set sleep option to never sleep or close the display i need help its almost every 5 mins its goes to sleep and i get mad of it...
  7. Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options

Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options: We have multiple computers with windows in the same room. See photo; Computer on the left does not have a sleep option, the computer on the right does. Left Computer is ALWAYS backlit. How do we fix this? [ATTACH]...
  8. Laptop going to sleep to quickly even after changing power options

Laptop going to sleep to quickly even after changing power options: I have a problem with my Lenovo laptop going to sleep a little after 1 minute if I leave it alone. Iv'e checked my power options and display options, but it still refuses to work. This is a clean install of windows 10, also it does not matter if its plugged in or not the...
  9. No Sleep Option in Power Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sleep Option in Power Menu: I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 and had a host of problems, but this is the latest one. It's a known issue but none of the suggestions on the board have solved it yet. There simply isn't a Sleep option for the computer in Windows 10. I've tried to go and add it like it...
  10. Add or Remove Sleep after from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Sleep after from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Sleep after from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Sleep after" from Power Options in Windows The sleep. This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Sleep after setting under Sleep in Power Options for all users in Windows 7,...