Windows 10: Windows sleeps only once

Discus and support Windows sleeps only once in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hoping people here can help me with an odd sleep issue I am having. System is Win 10 Home 1909, MSI B450-A Pro Max, Ryzen 5 3600, using 1usmus Ryzen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vaginal_animator, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Windows sleeps only once

Hoping people here can help me with an odd sleep issue I am having. System is Win 10 Home 1909, MSI B450-A Pro Max, Ryzen 5 3600, using 1usmus Ryzen Power Plan. The system will go to sleep ONCE and only once. After I wake it, it will attempt to sleep (does not enter low-power mode, fans still spinning) but returns me to the desktop (does not ask for password) after turning off the screen. Rebooting after failed sleep attempts will allow it to go to sleep again, once only.

I've narrowed it down to the combo keyboard and mouse transceiver for my Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900. With it removed the system will successfully go to sleep every time.

powercfg waketimers shows no active timers

powercfg lastwake only shows my power button as the last wake source

powercfg devicequery wake_armed shows NONE

The issue is the same with the generic Windows drivers and also the official Microsoft drivers for the device.

Changing to different USB ports has no effect.

All wake features in the BIOS are disabled.

System WILL successfully sleep if I select sleep from Start > Power.

submitted by /u/vaginal_animator
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vaginal_animator, Feb 29, 2020

2. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Feb 29, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Windows sleeps only once

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows sleeps only once

1. Windows sleeps only once - Similar Threads - sleeps once

2. No internet once the computer wakes up from sleep/restarts or turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet once the computer wakes up from sleep/restarts or turned on: I am using Windows 11 and the ethernet connection is lost every time the computer goes to sleep/restarts/turned on. It works only if the connection is disabled and enabled. Things tried so far-turning off the power management settings for the network adapter, disabling fast...
  3. No internet once the computer wakes up from sleep/restarts or turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet once the computer wakes up from sleep/restarts or turned on: I am using Windows 11 and the ethernet connection is lost every time the computer goes to sleep/restarts/turned on. It works only if the connection is disabled and enabled. Things tried so far-turning off the power management settings for the network adapter, disabling fast...
  4. PC won’t go to sleep after waking up once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won’t go to sleep after waking up once: Hello, my PC won’t go to sleep after I wake it up from sleep once. Seems to have started after I updated my bios version. Tried flashing it back to stock, but haven’t had any luck.Specs:Windows 11 22h232gb Corsair ddr5 5200mhz ram, running at stockRyzen 7700xA few m.2 nvme...
  5. PC won’t go to sleep after waking up once

PC won’t go to sleep after waking up once: Hello, my PC won’t go to sleep after I wake it up from sleep once. Seems to have started after I updated my bios version. Tried flashing it back to stock, but haven’t had any luck.Specs:Windows 11 22h232gb Corsair ddr5 5200mhz ram, running at stockRyzen 7700xA few m.2 nvme...
  6. After Windows 11 upgrade, wireless card is not recognized once laptop goes to "sleep"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 11 upgrade, wireless card is not recognized once laptop goes to "sleep": I have this ongoing problem after a Windows 11 upgrade:Once my laptop goes to "sleep," upon waking, the laptop has closed all of the programs and windows that were open and the wireless card is no longer recognized i.e., no wireless connectivity is available in any networking...
  7. After Windows 11 upgrade, wireless card is not recognized once laptop goes to "sleep"

After Windows 11 upgrade, wireless card is not recognized once laptop goes to "sleep": I have this ongoing problem after a Windows 11 upgrade:Once my laptop goes to "sleep," upon waking, the laptop has closed all of the programs and windows that were open and the wireless card is no longer recognized i.e., no wireless connectivity is available in any networking...
  8. Windows crashes once the PC goes to sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes once the PC goes to sleep mode: I have recently bought a new Dell laptop Inspiron 14 5406 2in1 and unfortunately everytime my PC goes to sleep windows crash. I have no idea what's the reason for that... Please see drive for DMP files....
  9. Windows 10 Sleep Issue - sleeps on fresh restart, but once I start loading apps won't sleep...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Sleep Issue - sleeps on fresh restart, but once I start loading apps won't sleep...: Hello, Another Windows 10 sleep question/issue. Originally I had Windows 10 sleep issues so I disabled 3rd party apps during startup as well as some of the services, which fixed it. When I start my computer for the first time without most 3rd party apps running my computer...
  10. I am not able to change the sign in options to require password once the laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I am not able to change the sign in options to require password once the laptop goes to sleep: please help me with this note; I have windows 10 home single language version 1909 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-change-the-sign-in-options-to/4673332e-9a59-4aea-b722-3a8f387087af