Windows 10: Windows Slideshow, is there a max number of images it cycles through?

Discus and support Windows Slideshow, is there a max number of images it cycles through? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the windows slideshow that activates when my machine is locked. Is there a maximum number of images that it uses to cycle through? I have it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alphajoe, Sep 12, 2020.

1. alphajoe Win User

Windows Slideshow, is there a max number of images it cycles through?

I have the windows slideshow that activates when my machine is locked. Is there a maximum number of images that it uses to cycle through?

I have it pointing to my pictures folder, but it only seems to ever use stuff from several years ago, never anything new. I have a lot of images in that folder (over 9k at this point) and about 70% are jpgs that Slideshow can read, the rest are RAW files. I tested throwing a timelapse sequence in there, which was several hunderd jpg's of the same scene, figuring at some point I would see one of the images from that group, but it has been 3 months and still haven't seen one pop up on the lock screen. I have tried rebooting, changing the directory away and back again and rebooting. I always get the same images, none of the new ones.

My WIndows version is build 1903, build 18362.1016

Thanks,

:)

alphajoe, Sep 12, 2020
  2. AlphaJoe Win User

Windows 10 Slideshow - is there a limit to how many pictures it cycles through?

I use the Windows Slideshow on my lock screen and I was wondering if there was an upper limit to how many pictures it uses to cycle through. I take a lot of images and they are all stored in my Pictures folder. When my slide show runs, it never seems
    to pull any of the more recent photos I have put in the folder. I see lots of repeats of the older stuff, but nothing recent. Is there an upper limit to how many images it uses in its pool to cycle through? I am wondering if it is indexing X number of images
    sorted by date and stopping.

AlphaJoe, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Windows Slideshow, is there a max number of images it cycles through?

Photos slideshow

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable view the photos in slideshow as it repeats after few photos and need to know “How can I change this to show a continuous and non-repeating slideshow?”. We will help you to
    resolve this issue.

Please let us know,

• Where does the photos folder located?

• Did you try to change the folder location and check?

I suggest you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: If the photos folder is located on the desktop, try to create another folder and copy all the content to the newly created folder and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Step 2: Try to create new folder if different location and copy all the content to the newly created folder in different location and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows Slideshow, is there a max number of images it cycles through?

1. Windows Slideshow, is there a max number of images it cycles through? - Similar Threads - Slideshow max number

2. Computer cycling through display modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer cycling through display modes: I accidently hit Fn+V, and a pop-up appeared and said cinema mode. A little later it appeared again, but said eye-care, then again with vivid. It seems to be cycling through settings for the display. Fn+V is not working anymore, and I would like this cycle to stop....
  3. Windows Slideshow, is there a max number of images it cycles through?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Slideshow, is there a max number of images it cycles through?: I have the windows slideshow that activates when my machine is locked. Is there a maximum number of images that it uses to cycle through? I have it pointing to my pictures folder, but it only seems to ever use stuff from several years ago, never anything new. I have a lot...
  4. Windows 10 Slideshow - is there a limit to how many pictures it cycles through?

Windows 10 Slideshow - is there a limit to how many pictures it cycles through?: I use the Windows Slideshow on my lock screen and I was wondering if there was an upper limit to how many pictures it uses to cycle through. I take a lot of images and they are all stored in my Pictures folder. When my slide show runs, it never seems to pull any of the more...
  5. Disabling max number of services in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disabling max number of services in windows 10: Hello all. I would like to go back xp, why? Disabling services I was able to have a system running with only 80MB RAM memory, now I see that impossible with windows 10 because there are interdependence services, it more risky disable services than in XP or at least is my...
  6. Location of Image in Slideshow

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Location of Image in Slideshow: I REALLY want to know the location of one of the images that is currently in the slideshow that displays as my lock screen. I am aware that this question has been asked, but the reference given in response by a Micrsoft Agent does not work currently. I have seen the...
  7. Windows 10: Automatically cycle through themes?

Windows 10: Automatically cycle through themes?: Is there a way to have Win10 automatically cycle through the themes? I really like the pictures in a good number of the country-specific themes and would like win10 to just cycle through the themes automatically instead of me switching them every few days. Any script...
  8. Slideshow background images (wallpaper)

Slideshow background images (wallpaper): I've had Windows 10 for a while and have had fun with the programs ability to "slideshow" the desktop backgrounds (wallpaper) but, a recent upgrade has limited the number of active wallpapers to 20. I have about 50 in the file titled DesktopBackground but the...
  9. Slideshow background images

Slideshow background images: I upgraded to 10 from 8.1. In 8.1 I had a slide show desktop background. That carried forward into 10 ( I still have the slideshow background). However, I cannot find where the images are located on the computer. Would like to modify but need to know where they are. 18606
  10. Max number of open files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Max number of open files?: Is there a setting in Win10 that limits the number of files a program can open, or that slows down a program with too many files open? I run a program that can, in some circumstances, open and read hundreds of files in parallel. In on very repeatable circumstance the program...