Windows 10: Windows Slow and slow down

Discus and support Windows Slow and slow down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Whats going on in Win 10. The past 2-3 weeks have seen win 10 go from smooth and fast to slow and slow. This forum took 77-78 seconds to open from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by elbmek, Mar 13, 2019.

1. elbmek Win User

Windows Slow and slow down

Whats going on in Win 10. The past 2-3 weeks have seen win 10 go from smooth and fast to slow and slow. This forum took 77-78 seconds to open from clicking on shortcut to screen. I have games staggering all over the place like drunken graphics. On occasion sites do not even open. When I shut it down it takes approx 4 mins to stop. When I switch on, it used to take seconds to provide me with my desktop, not its a minute or two. Anyone else experiencing this, it used to be so solid and fast. I even tried running FF instead of Vivaldi, to see if it was quikcer, no difference. Software on my pc is at best dithering.

:)

elbmek, Mar 13, 2019

2. System slow down

Hello,

Slow PC performance can be caused by several factors. Since you are aware of the issue's source, we suggest that you run the
    Maintenance task. This will help you in checking and resolving any issues that is causing your device to slow down. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

If the issue is still not resolved, feel free to let us know and we'll assist you further.

Regene Jos, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Windows Slow and slow down

Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Slow and slow down

1. Windows Slow and slow down - Similar Threads - Slow slow down

2. Slowing down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slowing down: Can anyone really explain what slows down your computer over time? I have a couple windows 10 machines in my home and both are slowing down so much its frustrating. They take 10-20 minutes to start up and become useable. Once started they both suffer from long bouts of "not...
  3. Windows slowing down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows slowing down: Ok so, last night we had the power shut off for a split second before the power came back on. After this, my laptop decided it wanted to slow down. When the power outage occurred, I got a notification saying something about my computer going into low power mode, so perhaps...
  4. Windows slowing down

Windows slowing down: So my 2nd laptop had a hard disk failure (i5 2nd gen with 6gb ram). I wanted to confirm it so i used my other laptop's hard disk to check it (pentium b960 with 4gb ram). So when i booted i5 lap with pentium laps hard disk it said "getting the device ready" and it booted up......
  5. Slow down Window animation?

Slow down Window animation?: Is there a way to slow down the animation speed of windows opening and closing? I'm thinking of this as a way to mitigate the "white flash" problem with dark mode on. submitted by /u/eddaso [link] [comments]...
  6. Slowing down

Slowing down: Hi My computer is really slowing down and is hanging alot even folders are not responding Pls help Regards Asmeet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slowing-down/6b4cf77d-627d-4948-8775-a4bc687af8c8
  7. Laptop slowed down

Laptop slowed down: I installed the last Windows update and the laptop has slowed down a lot - now I often get the 'not responding '' and there is a long delay between the moment I type on the keyboard and the moment it appears on the screen this happens especially with Facebook, but not...
  8. Slowing Down

Slowing Down: Hopefully, we can come up with an option other than reinstalling windows. I'm using Windows 10 on a custom-built computer and it's been about 2 years since it was originally installed on this particular machine. We don't do anything interesting with this machine. All of what...
  9. Windows 10 slowing down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 slowing down: Despite using an anti-virus my desktop is slowing down. Processing is consuming alot of time. How to revamp my system so the system becomees faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slowing-down/e932c154-b193-45f5-8c78-fd2f74e9786e"
  10. Computers slow slow slow slow down; what do I do?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computers slow slow slow slow down; what do I do?: Both my and my wife's computer will just sorta die; they work but things that should take a couple seconds take many minutes. Restarting fixes it, but it can take 15 minutes just to shut the computer down. Once I had to unplug it. Mine is 3 months old, hers maybe 5 years....