Windows 10: Windows slow boot + other problems. Nobody finds a solution. PLEASE.

Discus and support Windows slow boot + other problems. Nobody finds a solution. PLEASE. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. It's been a while since I've been experiencing various problems. I have a Lenovo Y50-70, a respectable laptop. i7, 12GB, GTX 680M and 1TB HDD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by shad0walker, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Windows slow boot + other problems. Nobody finds a solution. PLEASE.

Hello. It's been a while since I've been experiencing various problems.
    I have a Lenovo Y50-70, a respectable laptop.
    i7, 12GB, GTX 680M and 1TB HDD. Win 10 ver 1909
    I state that I have dual boot in Clover with OSX.
    It's been a while since I feel it very very slow. It takes about 2 and a half minutes to get started. When I start it, the icons update late (before the battery tray icon did not appear, I had to restart the explorer service, now maybe I solved it, but it still does with the audio icon, sometimes) the applications there it takes a lot to start, if I click for example on start, the animation of opening the menu starts like after 2 seconds. I noticed that the HDD is almost permanently at 100%, for practically every operation, even the most banal. I have done all the scans in the world.
    In boot I have disabled practically everything, from task manager, from different apps and even from "autoruns for windows". I also tried to disable the fast boot, thinking it could be the problem. I have uninstalled all the optimization programs, and it seems to be a little better, but always bad. I have a 2007 Desktop that is more responsive at times. I tried everything, EVERYTHING really, starting from the steps for the clean boot, ending with the paging size. I did all the memory and HDD tests, restored the corrupt system files with shell commands. I followed all the steps of my competence, and followed all the possible web guides, but I can't solve. Nobody can understand the underlying problem. A way to restore / repair system files without having to format or reinstall Windows would be ideal.
    The only solution that I have not tried is formatting, but it is not a considerable solution, because I have tested everything in relation to OSX. Years have passed since I did it, and OSX I use it for work, formatting Win would create problems for OSX, with risk of data loss or access, and I cannot allow it.

:)

shad0walker, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Apr 25, 2020
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

No not tried any bench test on the ssd? how would that impact my slow boot problem? windows 8 use to boot up quick as. Driving me mad this problem.*Mad Windows slow boot + other problems. Nobody finds a solution. PLEASE. :mad:

scevism, Apr 25, 2020
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Windows slow boot + other problems. Nobody finds a solution. PLEASE.

windows 10 slow boot

Obviously if there's a problem with the speed of it it will show up in benchmark results....

Read speed is fine, writes are a bit slow but probably what they should be although can't see the rest of the results for random read /writes

Actually write speed is a lot slower than it should be..

NdMk2o1o, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows slow boot + other problems. Nobody finds a solution. PLEASE.

1. Windows slow boot + other problems. Nobody finds a solution. PLEASE. - Similar Threads - slow boot problems

2. I need solution for this problem please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need solution for this problem please: I need solution for this problem please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-solution-for-this-problem-please/91b5a30d-e55e-4f8d-a264-b5a0b46861bf
  3. I need solution for this problem please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need solution for this problem please: I need solution for this problem please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-solution-for-this-problem-please/91b5a30d-e55e-4f8d-a264-b5a0b46861bf
  4. Please suggest the solution of this problem error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please suggest the solution of this problem error.: Please suggest the solution of this problem error. The screen shot of the error has been attached. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-suggest-the-solution-of-this-problem-error/8c3b13c5-e904-4c46-9c27-0960555a574f
  5. Please suggest the solution of this problem error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please suggest the solution of this problem error.: Please suggest the solution of this problem error. The screen shot of the error has been attached. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-suggest-the-solution-of-this-problem-error/8c3b13c5-e904-4c46-9c27-0960555a574f
  6. Please suggest the solution of this problem error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 deactivated, cant find a solution in other posts.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 deactivated, cant find a solution in other posts.: After changing most of my hardware in the pc, windows deactivated after working normally for a day. I think it was bound to a local account, after i had updated it from windows 7. i tried one of my microsoft accounts, but after going back to a local one. I can't even open...
  8. Please help i cant find a solution anywhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help i cant find a solution anywhere: Please help! Ive been using three monitors for a couple months now and suddenly my main monitor is the only one that works! If i unplug it, the other two come on but it still detects the first one and all my windows still pop up on the first so i cant check the settings....
  9. Computer is running excessively slow. Can't find solution

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer is running excessively slow. Can't find solution: My Windows 10 is running excessively slow. A few symptoms: When I right click my desktop, explorer freeze for 10-15 seconds while the context menu loads. Games will attempt to load but will take 5+ minutes to get into the program. Most times games will freeze while...
  10. Slow Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Boot Problem: Hello everyone; I'm new here today so please forgive me if I'm a little off on protocol to start out. I purchased a new Dell XPS-8700 about a month ago, and just the other day took the leap and upgraded to Windows 10. The install seemed to go just fine but when it was...