Windows slow - general

Discus and support Windows slow - general in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I'm experiencing some weird issues recently and I think it may be because I have deferred and delayed the feature update from 'restarting' to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TenneR, Aug 10, 2018 at 9:32 AM.

1. TenneR Win User

Windows slow - general

Hi

I'm experiencing some weird issues recently and I think it may be because I have deferred and delayed the feature update from 'restarting' to update from 1709 to 1803.

General use is not as snappy as it once was. Using Home version with SSD.

If I double click This PC, it can take 2 - 3 seconds to fully show drives and folders.

Opening a text file can also result in the same 2 - 3 second delay.

Same applies to opening Firefox, which as been updated.

I caved in and let Windows update to 1803, but not much has changed.

Windows antivirus and Malwarebytes hasn't found anything.

What could be the issue?

:)

2. exodusprime1337 Win User

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 10, 2018 at 9:35 AM
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows slow - general

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Thema:

Windows slow - general

1. Windows slow - general - Similar Threads - slow general

2. Explorer crashing/slow and toolbar unclickable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer crashing/slow and toolbar unclickable: Hi ! I know it's kinf of a common issue but i've read so many threads on this and tried so many stuff but so far nothing is working. Let me explaine abit more in details whats happening. First it begin with my toolbar (with battery icon, volume icon, wifi icon etc)...
  3. Windows 10 download to USB flash drive incredibly slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 download to USB flash drive incredibly slow: Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Have used this page to use the download tool and chosen option 2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10?d2784474-fdb0-4e9d-9e47-5e88c0e053ec=True Tried and aborted 3 times because of snails pace...
  4. Voice Recorder slowing down my voice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Recorder slowing down my voice: Whenever I try to record audio using the voice record software it always slows down my voice. If I record for 1 hour and 10 minutes it'll say I was recording for 1 hour and 17 minutes. Why does this happen and/or how do I make it stop....
  5. slow computer running time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow computer running time: Hey, my computer is running very slow and I do not know why and I tried everything I need your help, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/slow-computer-running-time/5c4df18f-a211-4c9c-8bbf-8a6bf7ab056b
  6. Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...: I have been trying to get an Windows 10 1803 ISO for my office for a VM Hypervisor. The Media Creation Tool 1803 is running really slow and when I lock my computer down for my work day so it can keep downloading, when I come back, the program is closed and the file is not...
  7. Very slow boot and general overall low speed.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow boot and general overall low speed.: Several people kindly tried to help when I first asked in the thread Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts. but, understandably, ran out of patience. The problem still exists. The system is now Windows 1803 (OS Build 17134.165) The computer takes almost 3...
  8. Laptop extremely slow- during start-up and generally

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop extremely slow- during start-up and generally: Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after start-up it can take time for programs to load. I have taken a trace using Windows Assessment Toolkit which is here...
  9. Generalized slow down

Generalized slow down: Over the past couple of weeks I have experienced a general slowing down of software initiation. Programs that used to be up and running in a few seconds are now taking 20 or 25 seconds to get running. I even see delays in how Firefox operated. I see nothing in the Task...
  10. Laptop slowed down in general despite factory reset

Laptop slowed down in general despite factory reset: Hi! Happy to be on this forum! I used to have an account associated with windows vista a long time ago, so I know these forums can be a great help! I am running into issues with my small laptop (HP 14inch Stream) and would highly appreciate your help and advice! It...