Windows 10: Windows slow - general

Discus and support Windows slow - general in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I'm experiencing some weird issues recently and I think it may be because I have deferred and delayed the feature update from 'restarting' to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TenneR, Aug 10, 2018.

1. TenneR Win User

Windows slow - general

Hi

I'm experiencing some weird issues recently and I think it may be because I have deferred and delayed the feature update from 'restarting' to update from 1709 to 1803.

General use is not as snappy as it once was. Using Home version with SSD.

If I double click This PC, it can take 2 - 3 seconds to fully show drives and folders.

Opening a text file can also result in the same 2 - 3 second delay.

Same applies to opening Firefox, which as been updated.

I caved in and let Windows update to 1803, but not much has changed.

Windows antivirus and Malwarebytes hasn't found anything.

What could be the issue?

:)

TenneR, Aug 10, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows slow - general

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows slow - general

1. Windows slow - general - Similar Threads - slow general

2. General slowness and greater frame drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    General slowness and greater frame drops: Hey,I just bought a new laptop with windows 11 pre-installed. I had never faced this issue but there are a significant frame drops. This doesn't just happen when I game, but happens when I'm casually using my laptop for other purposes. The frame interval is around 10, as I...
  3. General slowness and greater frame drops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    General slowness and greater frame drops: Hey,I just bought a new laptop with windows 11 pre-installed. I had never faced this issue but there are a significant frame drops. This doesn't just happen when I game, but happens when I'm casually using my laptop for other purposes. The frame interval is around 10, as I...
  4. Task bar is empty, windows explorer keeps crashing, system is generally slow, and apps and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar is empty, windows explorer keeps crashing, system is generally slow, and apps and...: Hello,Since about a week, my whole system is being very slow and doesn't work properly anymore.Apps and even Windows settings do not open at all anymore, my taskbar is shown but completely empty, not even a start button or a clock is there, my system is constantly running hot...
  5. Task bar is empty, windows explorer keeps crashing, system is generally slow, and apps and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar is empty, windows explorer keeps crashing, system is generally slow, and apps and...: Hello,Since about a week, my whole system is being very slow and doesn't work properly anymore.Apps and even Windows settings do not open at all anymore, my taskbar is shown but completely empty, not even a start button or a clock is there, my system is constantly running hot...
  6. Same notification appears when i start my laptop and slow in general

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Same notification appears when i start my laptop and slow in general: I recently upgraded my laptop from windows 7 to windows 10. but i have 2 problems i encounter after that upgrade, My laptop start time takes about 4 minutes to start, back when my laptop was 7 it took about 12 sec to start. also my laptop is so slow in shutdown and restart...
  7. Windows GUI in general is slow, any tips improving this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows GUI in general is slow, any tips improving this?: I have noticed that the rendering of the Windows 10 GUI in general is slow compared to Windows 7 (same video card, 4K monitor using 150% scaling on both). You notice the interface being "painted" in most situations (nothing so drastic as to prevent use, but noticeable). As...
  8. ndis causing slow downloads and general jank with streaming videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ndis causing slow downloads and general jank with streaming videos: i noticed this issue prior to upgrading my PC components to AM4 from AM3+. if anything is downloading at all even if its downloading at 150kbps i get sound jitter and lag. even with this new motherboard cpu and faster ram. I ran latencymon and saw that NDIS.sys is still the...
  9. Download folder slow to load (already set to "General Items")

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download folder slow to load (already set to "General Items"): Hi, Does anyone know how to fix slow loading time for the Download folder in Explorer in Windows 10? I have followed the standard advice to change the settings so it's not loading thumbnails, but it's still slow. I could move all the files of course but it seems like a bit...
  10. Very slow boot and general overall low speed.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow boot and general overall low speed.: Several people kindly tried to help when I first asked in the thread Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts. but, understandably, ran out of patience. The problem still exists. The system is now Windows 1803 (OS Build 17134.165) The computer takes almost 3...