Windows 10: Windows slow - general

Discus and support Windows slow - general in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I'm experiencing some weird issues recently and I think it may be because I have deferred and delayed the feature update from 'restarting' to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TenneR, Aug 10, 2018.

1. TenneR Win User

Windows slow - general

Hi

I'm experiencing some weird issues recently and I think it may be because I have deferred and delayed the feature update from 'restarting' to update from 1709 to 1803.

General use is not as snappy as it once was. Using Home version with SSD.

If I double click This PC, it can take 2 - 3 seconds to fully show drives and folders.

Opening a text file can also result in the same 2 - 3 second delay.

Same applies to opening Firefox, which as been updated.

I caved in and let Windows update to 1803, but not much has changed.

Windows antivirus and Malwarebytes hasn't found anything.

What could be the issue?

:)

TenneR, Aug 10, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows slow - general

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows slow - general

1. Windows slow - general - Similar Threads - slow general

2. Cold boot takes 2 minutes, slow motion wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cold boot takes 2 minutes, slow motion wheel: Almost every time after shutting down overnight and starting the computer in the morning Windows 10 loads extremely slowly with a "slow motion" (low framerate) loading wheel/spinner. Only ever happens on a cold boot after a long time being off. Apparently this started...
  3. Extracting files from zipped folder is very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extracting files from zipped folder is very slow: I have a zipped folder of size 280 MB, this folder contains json files and the total size of the folder is around 500-600 MB. While extracting the files from the zipped folder, the speed is only 5-6 KBps and shows that it'll take more than 8 hours. Please let me know how do I...
  4. Very slow logon time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very slow logon time.: Hello All, My users are experiencing a very slow logon that can last between 5 to 12 minutes, it normally gets stuck on a black screen but it always finish the logon process. This issue is intermittent and this is making things harder. I have a mix environment of laptops...
  5. After Shutdown My Computer Is Really Slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Shutdown My Computer Is Really Slow: So from when i bought the computer it ran slow after shutdown, i found a solution, to turn off the computer from the back(that worked) Today it happend to me again so i did it again, and it didn't work anymore. I have: CPU - i7 7700k GPU - gtx 1060 6GB 2 SSD's and 16 GB...
  6. Why Is The Microsoft Store Download Speeds So Slow?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why Is The Microsoft Store Download Speeds So Slow?: To be clear I know for fact this issue will not be fixed. Not only have I stumbled across numerous threads of people with the same issue and customer service is pure trash simply because they don't have a fix for it. I'm simply here to complain and honestly baffled that a...
  7. Very slow boot and general overall low speed.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow boot and general overall low speed.: Several people kindly tried to help when I first asked in the thread Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts. but, understandably, ran out of patience. The problem still exists. The system is now Windows 1803 (OS Build 17134.165) The computer takes almost 3...
  8. Laptop extremely slow- during start-up and generally

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop extremely slow- during start-up and generally: Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after start-up it can take time for programs to load. I have taken a trace using Windows Assessment Toolkit which is here...
  9. Generalized slow down

Generalized slow down: Over the past couple of weeks I have experienced a general slowing down of software initiation. Programs that used to be up and running in a few seconds are now taking 20 or 25 seconds to get running. I even see delays in how Firefox operated. I see nothing in the Task...
  10. Laptop slowed down in general despite factory reset

Laptop slowed down in general despite factory reset: Hi! Happy to be on this forum! I used to have an account associated with windows vista a long time ago, so I know these forums can be a great help! I am running into issues with my small laptop (HP 14inch Stream) and would highly appreciate your help and advice! It...