Windows 10: Windows slow on startup

Discus and support Windows slow on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; so, every time i boot my computer up, put my pin code, and log in, explorer sometimes doesn't load loads after several min, meanwhile showing black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Costin88Boss, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Windows slow on startup

so, every time i boot my computer up, put my pin code, and log in, explorer sometimes doesn't load loads after several min, meanwhile showing black screen with cursor, other times explorer does load, but acts very strange and very slow, i can't **** tell you anything because i've already tried to ask a question with all the info about what happens and stuff, and i've accidentaly closed the page , and even task manager loads slowly when i open it, anyways, my only startup programs are Discord and Steam. task manager acts strange and has its lists of apps and stuff load very slow.please ****

:)

Costin88Boss, Jun 15, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 15, 2021
  3. SlipSlice Win User
    Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool Windows slow on startup :cool:

SlipSlice, Jun 15, 2021
  4. catstone Win User

Windows slow on startup

Slow Startup

see if my words helps...skip the steps that u already tried.
    1. check the start-up items. Run the command of "msconfig" , check the "start up" page(i am not sure of the precise name of this page,coz.i am using chinese version of windows). diable ALL the items listed. save the setting and restart.
    2. check the free space of each partition of harddisk. make sure that each partition has a free space of more than 1 gb( higher ,better).
    3. check the list of installed programs, through the control panel. uninstall those seldom used
    4. it might be unkown comflict of softwares. keep your system as clean as possible. for example, you can disable your antivirus, then restart to see if it is faster
    5. it might be fragments. defrag all partitions.
    6. manage the services of your system. right click "my computer",click "manage(G)", in the window below, the third level-1 menu is "service and applications". disable unecessary auto startup services.
    7. up to repend~~

catstone, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows slow on startup

1. Windows slow on startup - Similar Threads - slow startup

2. How do I fix slow startup and welcoming screen taking ages after login.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix slow startup and welcoming screen taking ages after login.: Hi, can anyone help me? When I log into my laptop it takes ages for the welcoming screen to go away then when I do log in stuff takes ages to load like the task bar the icons and have to wait for everything to settle before I can do anything. Can any one help me fix this...
  3. Slow Startup and hanging laptop

Slow Startup and hanging laptop: My Laptop takes a lot of time to open. I have disabled all startup programs, 700gb out of 930gb storage on my hard disk is free, I have defragmented my hard disk, I have changed the power settings to performance and regularly shutdown my laptop but my laptop takes a lot of...
  4. Slow Startup

Slow Startup: My Laptop takes a lot of time to open. I have disabled all startup programs, 700gb out of 930gb storage on my hard disk is free, I have changed the power settings to performance and regularly shutdown my laptop but my laptop takes a lot of time to open. The welcome screen is...
  5. Window 10 slow performance issue + slow startup

Window 10 slow performance issue + slow startup: Hi all,I am facing slow startup issue on my Window 10 Home Edition. I have followed all the below mentioned steps to improve my user experience but nothing help in improving startup speed of my OS. Can format and install fresh OS would work. Please help suggest me best way to...
  6. My Computer's Startup is extremely slow

My Computer's Startup is extremely slow: Hi, so first I want to preface this with the fact that I'm not amazing with computers. My friend built mine and ever since I got it, I've been having problems like the computer running slow and the startup taking upwards of 20 to 30 minutes. I've tried everything I can think...
  7. My windows 10 is slow at startup

My windows 10 is slow at startup: I have windows version 20h2, and Everytime it takes a lot of time to start. After starting for nearly 5-6min the computer is laggy, after certain time it starts working fine no lag nothing. I don't know what to do with such problem. I disabled startup...
  8. Windows 10 randomly freezes and slow startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 randomly freezes and slow startup: Good morning I have a Dell laptop (2017, top range) and for a few months I experienced some random freezes and a very slow start-up. I have already tried to clean install Windows 10, both with Dell utility and with stock Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. I have also tried...
  9. PowerShell startup is very slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PowerShell startup is very slow: When I open PowerShell I either cannot type in the PowerShell window, or it takes an extremely long time (30 minutes) for it to load for me to type. PowerShell opens and displays the following text for about 30 minutes (or forever) without allowing me to type commands....
  10. windows is realy slow at startup and runs apps slow

windows is realy slow at startup and runs apps slow: hello my gaming pc is being realy slow on startup and loud it started when i assembled it and booted i noticed it was super loud this was coused by my cpu fan and when i booted it was realy slow altho i had only 4 gb ddr 4 ram in it so i thought that was the case but now i...