Windows 10: Windows slow to boot when PC on home network is shutdown

Discus and support Windows slow to boot when PC on home network is shutdown in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need help with slow booting of win10.. 1.my pc1 is connected via network cable to my router 2. my second pc2C is minix neo win10 media device,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hreich, Oct 31, 2018.

1. hreich Win User

Windows slow to boot when PC on home network is shutdown

I need help with slow booting of win10..
    1.my pc1 is connected via network cable to my router
    2. my second pc2C is minix neo win10 media device, connected to same router
    3. on that PC2 neo win10 media device i have usb disk1 which has shared movies and series folder
    3.i have usb disk2 shared via my router

I mapped on my pc1 machine - folders from usb disk1 (via map network drive).

After a while i noticed that my PC1 takes long time to boot, every time my PC2 is shutdown..
    On PC1 because of that i disconnected mapped drive.
    The same thing happens everytime my PC2 is shutdown..
    Please help me, how to fix the problem..It looks like PC1 is somehow trying to connect to my PC2

:)

hreich, Oct 31, 2018

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Thrackan Win User

Thrackan, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows slow to boot when PC on home network is shutdown - Similar Threads - slow boot home

2. Slow transfer speed over home network on 1 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow transfer speed over home network on 1 PC: I have a few computers on a wifi home network, all running windows 11 or windows 10. Internet speed is very good for all the PCs, and copy speed over the network is good between all computers except one.This problematic PC windows 11 has good speed connecting to the internet...
  3. Slow transfer speed over home network on 1 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow transfer speed over home network on 1 PC: I have a few computers on a wifi home network, all running windows 11 or windows 10. Internet speed is very good for all the PCs, and copy speed over the network is good between all computers except one.This problematic PC windows 11 has good speed connecting to the internet...
  4. Slow booting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow booting PC: I have computer with windows 10 ans every time I start up it is very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-booting-pc/d3f3d5a6-5c10-43df-abb1-2876d9de681e
  5. slow booting PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow booting PC: i have a computer with windows 10 and every time start it up it is very solw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-booting-pc/403e20bb-76a4-491d-b973-3d6b36d4151f
  6. slow program starts, Slow boot, slow shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow program starts, Slow boot, slow shutdown: Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) From switch-on to desktop start-up sound takes nearly two minutes, and after that there's still a lot of disc activity. Shutdown is equally slow. Once the system has started it takes 30 seconds after clicking on an MP3 icon for VLC...
  7. Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.: Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) From switch-on to desktop start-up sound takes nearly two minutes, and after that there's still a lot of disc activity. Shutdown is equally slow. Once the system has started it takes 30 seconds after clicking on an MP3 icon for VLC...
  8. Slow app launch when connected to home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow app launch when connected to home network: So I've discovered an interesting problem that I'm having with my computer. When I am at home, connected to my wireless network, it takes windows a very long time to launch apps. Everything from PDF reader to Excel/Word take at least 30 seconds to launch. If I turn off my...
  9. slow boot/shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow boot/shutdown/restart: I have a lenovo ideapad z510 with a Sandisk Ultra II 120 GB as the main disk and a second 1TB HDD instead of the DVDwr, my problem is that it takes ~ 25-30 seconds to boot/shutdown/restart according to Event Viewer, and considering the Ultra II specs that's a lot, it...
  10. Slow boot & shutdown time

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot & shutdown time: 10 doesn't seem to be booting very nicely. What I mean is that it seems to be having a difficult time initilizing my SSD, so upon boot I get a blank black screen for anywhere from 60-180 seconds, where the primary drive activity LED is inactive, before it actually boots. This...