Windows 10: Windows slow until laptop redocked to docking station

Discus and support Windows slow until laptop redocked to docking station in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have a Dell Latitude E6520 which has a Intel Core i7 2760QM (Sandy Bridge) at 2,4 GHz. Even for todays standard, this is pretty good regarding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sebazzz, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Sebazzz Win User

Windows slow until laptop redocked to docking station

So I have a Dell Latitude E6520 which has a Intel Core i7 2760QM (Sandy Bridge) at 2,4 GHz. Even for todays standard, this is pretty good regarding speed.

The problem I have is that Windows is slow - this happens most of the time, but not always - until I redock the laptop in its docking station. The symptoms of the slowness are that Edge doesn't start instantaneous but needs a second or two, when I right click an icon in the taskbar for the first time the jump list needs a few seconds to appear and the animation is not smooth at all. The entire hardware appears not to work at the full speed possible. This is also noticable when using development tools such as Visual Studio or simply browsing the internet.

After I undock the laptop, then redock the laptop, everything gets smooth and fast like I used to have it.

Attached to standard Dell docking station:

- One monitor (DVI)

- One DVD-RW drive (USB)

- Keyboard (USB)

- 1x gigabit Ethernet

- Power

- Audio (3.5mm)

- Serial cable to my NAS

The laptop itself has the following storage:

- Samsung 830 SSD

- Seagate SSD/HDD hybrid

This issue started occurring in Windows 10, I think from 1709 forwards but it might be earlier. I never experienced this with Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.

Can anyone explain what happens here, why it happens and what might resolve this issue?

:)

Sebazzz, Nov 11, 2018
  2. jackin Win User

I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Nov 11, 2018
  3. cepharum Win User
    Audio not working through a docking station

Stumbling over this issue using Surface 3 Pro in a Microsoft Surface 3 Pro-compatible docking station. I've upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 recently. The docking station was shipped after upgrading, it's all new ... while docked I can use headphone
    jack of Surface 3 pro (in top left corner of device's frame), but using headphone jack of docking station doesn't work. There is no "Microsoft Docking Station Audio Device" recognized and thus I can't configure it using audio manager.

However, on undocking and redocking device some problem with recognizing recently attached USB device pops up informing about Windows having failed to recognize some new USB device.

My keyboard and mouse are both attached to USB port of docking station and either is functioning properly. So this driver issue doesn't seem to be related to supporting USB of docking station in general.

cepharum, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Windows slow until laptop redocked to docking station

Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors

I am trying to write a script to detect all docking stations and monitors attached to those docking station for Lenovo Thinkpad t540p laptops on a domain network. Most of the monitors are Asus. Any suggestions or is this even possible? Running powershell from DEV WIN 10

Trix Rahbit, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows slow until laptop redocked to docking station

1. Windows slow until laptop redocked to docking station - Similar Threads - slow until laptop

2. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  3. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  4. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Reset Docking Station: Hi,This is quite a specific request. Are anyone aware of any softwares/systems that could answer to the problem bellow ?We are a company that rent laptops and for data protection purpose we perform 5 to 10 full reset of different windows laptops per day. This is very tedious...
  6. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Reset Docking Station: Hi,This is quite a specific request. Are anyone aware of any softwares/systems that could answer to the problem bellow ?We are a company that rent laptops and for data protection purpose we perform 5 to 10 full reset of different windows laptops per day. This is very tedious...
  7. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Docking Stations on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Docking Stations on Windows 10: Hello, I have some old HDDs and I want to buy a docking station to connect them as external. I would like to ask: If the HDDs are infected with virus, can my System (Windows 10) be infected as well? Should I use Virtual Machine to explore my old HDDs? If this post is...
  9. USB on docking station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB on docking station: I have a Surface 3. The USB ports are not recognised when the Surface is docked and the power supply is turned off, though they work fine when the power supply is on. Can someone tell me how to change this so that they are still recognised when the Surface is docked, but no...
  10. docking station keyboad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    docking station keyboad.: My laptop won't switch to the docking station keyboard. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-keyboad/bf453d98-4ba2-4ef3-9064-7c9505a146f2