Windows 10: Windows slowing down after power outage

Discus and support Windows slowing down after power outage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok so, last night we had the power shut off for a split second before the power came back on. After this, my laptop decided it wanted to slow down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Incorrect Weather Man, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Windows slowing down after power outage

Ok so, last night we had the power shut off for a split second before the power came back on. After this, my laptop decided it wanted to slow down. When the power outage occurred, I got a notification saying something about my computer going into low power mode, so perhaps that may be causing the problem? My laptop does act like as if it's in low power mode. But when I go to try and turn it through the battery icon, it says it's on best performance. I've tried troubleshooting but nothing really seems helpful. How can I solve this?

:)

Incorrect Weather Man, Apr 11, 2021

2. Power outage caused programs to disappear and/or become disfunctional

Hello,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are encountering. Power outages can result in data loss, corruption of folders/files, and programs not functioning.

To assist you further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to check the passwords and favorites section? Provide the list of browsers where you encountered the concern.
    • Have you tried using another account to verify if the programs are still missing on your program list?

There is a possibility that the drive index has been corrupted. We highly suggest that you check your hard drive and scan for errors by following these steps:

• Open This PC on File Explorer and locate your hard drive.
    • Right-click and choose Properties.
    • Under Tools tab, click on Check Now button.

After scanning the hard drive, hidden files and folders, as well as lost data can be restored.

Additionally, we advise running the System File Checker as another way for us to check or scan for data corruptions in Windows system files that can be affected by the power outage. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Let us know of any details pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 running slow after power outage

So a couple weeks ago there was a power outage in my town and it screwed up my computer in a weird way. I don't have a surge protector or a ups (but I should get one). When the computer rebooted for the first time after the power outage it took about 10-20 minutes to start up fully and once it was fully up and running every program I started was running very slowly and most of the time wouldn't respond. I've already done a full computer reset and I also reinstalled Windows 10 but it is still an issue. I hope it isn't a hardware issue but if it is I'd like to know what piece of hardware it is and the steps I should do to fix/replace it.

PianoThrower, Apr 11, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Windows slowing down after power outage

Windows 10 running slow after power outage

Chance is your HD was corrupted or even damaged due to power outage. Open Admin command prompt:
    1. Run: chkdsk /r C:
    2. then Run: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth&sfc /scannow&pause

NOTE: You can copy and paste the above to the command line then run.

topgundcp, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows slowing down after power outage

1. Windows slowing down after power outage - Similar Threads - slowing down power

2. Slow web browsing performance after power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow web browsing performance after power outage: I can confirm that the router is fine. Other PC's on the network don't have this issue, only my computer is affected.Issue is present across all browsers: Chrome, FireFox, and Edge.I've already run sfc /scannow, which found and fixed some corrupted files but didn't resolve...
  3. Slow web browsing performance after power outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow web browsing performance after power outage: I can confirm that the router is fine. Other PC's on the network don't have this issue, only my computer is affected.Issue is present across all browsers: Chrome, FireFox, and Edge.I've already run sfc /scannow, which found and fixed some corrupted files but didn't resolve...
  4. Slow web browsing performance after power outage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows slowing down after power outage ish

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows slowing down after power outage ish: Ok so, last night we had the power shut off for a split second before the power came back on. After this, my laptop decided it wanted to slow down. When the power outage occurred, I got a notification saying something about my computer going into low power mode, so perhaps...
  6. Trouble after power outage

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trouble after power outage: Last night we has a short, flicker-type power outage. My computer and my DVR are the only things it shut down. When I turned my computer back on, I first got my lock screen, like normal, then when I clicked to get the sign-in screen, I got a blue screen where I had to sign...
  7. After a power outage, my PC became very slow.

After a power outage, my PC became very slow.: Hi, I have a UPS but it was faulty so when ther was a power outage, my PC had no electricity supply. When my electricity came back, i booted the computer and it booted quickly, but i couldn't excute any commands quickly, ie. If i wanted to open the start menu, it would take...
  8. Windows 10 booting got slow after power outage

Windows 10 booting got slow after power outage: Windows 10 booting got slow after power outage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-booting-got-slow-after-power-outage/7caa9281-a8c6-4c62-9d9b-68ea4ef30c5b
  9. Windows10 after power outage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 after power outage: After a power outage, my Windows10 will not reboot properly. I have a back screen with a few limited icons. Recovery under Settings does not eliminate the problem. I cannot access any of my working files. Can anyone help advise please?...
  10. Windows 10 running slow after power outage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 running slow after power outage: So a couple weeks ago there was a power outage in my town and it screwed up my computer in a weird way. I don't have a surge protector or a ups (but I should get one). When the computer rebooted for the first time after the power outage it took about 10-20 minutes to start up...