Windows 10: Windows slows down comparing when it was fresh installation

Discus and support Windows slows down comparing when it was fresh installation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I am using windows 10 64 bit I dont know if I should believe myth that says do a fresh windows installation every 4 or 5 years as it gets clogged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by zillah, Jul 31, 2021.

1. zillah Win User

Windows slows down comparing when it was fresh installation

Hi I am using windows 10 64 bit I dont know if I should believe myth that says do a fresh windows installation every 4 or 5 years as it gets clogged and I feel windows slows down comparing when it was fresh installation Although I use utility Revo Uninstaller (there are others) that is supposed not to leave a leftover in windows registry when you uninstall a program I do not let unnecessary program to run in the background Code: https://imgur.com/a/mMfp5zV Only I have ESET and MalwareBytes running when windows start In past I used many utilities that check and tweak windows OS but it didnt restore windows to its origin state when it was freshly installed Is this true myth Is there a trust program that check windows 10 health and advise accordingly ? Am I missing some important steps? What are most trusted programs worth to have / buy it ? Thx

:)

zillah, Jul 31, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 31, 2021
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

AMD phenom 995BE 3.6GHZ running extremely slow

A lot of things can cause a slow startup, most common would be drivers. It will take a *long* time for us to go through all the options, so i'll just list the steps i do for a fresh windows install that is problem free, you can let us know if you missed any of it.

1. Format the drive - clean windows install from DVD
    2. install all drivers you can from windows update first, except video card. Make sure to install and update .Net, as modern video card drivers require that.
    3. install any missing drivers (check device manager), including video card manually, with downloads from their respective websites. never install from the motherboard DVD/website unless you have to.

Mussels, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows slows down comparing when it was fresh installation - Similar Threads - slows down comparing

2. Installing fresh copy of windows 10 - it slows down after signing into my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing fresh copy of windows 10 - it slows down after signing into my microsoft account: Any idea what gives? I guess I just shouldn't use any microsoft apps at all, when I sign in (to edge) my PC slows down by a good 30-40%, starts having random things not quite working right in unrelated apps and with the file system. Signing out didn't fix it so I guess I'm...
  3. Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow: Hello, I have recently installed Windows 11 to my laptop and all the apps and programs are loading really slowly. When I try to open any program I have to wait at least a minute before it initializes and if I minimize it to the tray I have to wait to see the window. I am...
  4. Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow: Hello, I have recently installed Windows 11 to my laptop and all the apps and programs are loading really slowly. When I try to open any program I have to wait at least a minute before it initializes and if I minimize it to the tray I have to wait to see the window. I am...
  5. Slim down a fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slim down a fresh Windows 10 install: Is it possible to remove all the crap that gets installed with a fresh install of Windows 10? I'm not talking about a the manufacturers crap but the cruft that Microsoft installs. All I need on it is a browser and text editor to begin with boa whole heap of stuff that I will...
  6. Why Microsoft Windows 10 performance slowing down few months after fresh installation?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Microsoft Windows 10 performance slowing down few months after fresh installation?: We have 8-10 active installation in our organization, I have installed fresh windows 10 in many of them from the original installation media. After a few months( 5-6) each and every one of them is slowing down. Their response time, startup time is increased. I have a...
  7. Windows Slow and slow down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Slow and slow down: Whats going on in Win 10. The past 2-3 weeks have seen win 10 go from smooth and fast to slow and slow. This forum took 77-78 seconds to open from clicking on shortcut to screen. I have games staggering all over the place like drunken graphics. On occasion sites do not even...
  8. Windows unusably slow after fresh install and update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows unusably slow after fresh install and update: I got a virus last night that disabled windows defender, so after a few hours of trying to fix it I eventually just did a fresh install of windows. I booted from an old boot drive I had did a fresh install, everything was fine. I ran the updates since it was a 2 year old...
  9. Slow boot on Win10 compared to Win7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot on Win10 compared to Win7: Hello, Compared to my Win7 installation, my Win10 boots up way slower than Win7 ever did. Relevant hardware: 2600K@4.8, 8GB 1600/CL7 RAM, Samsung 840 SSD. Fresh installation has been done after the initial upgrade, all drivers seem to be OK. What I did was check the...
  10. Win10 fresh install has slowed evrything down instead of speeding it u

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 fresh install has slowed evrything down instead of speeding it u: I initially installed Windows 10 the 1st week it was available (laptop). 2 weeks ago I bought a new SSD to replace my HD. After creating an image to my SSD I reinstalled windows 10 using its own fresh install feature--no extra stuff that came originally with the PC was now...