Windows 10: Windows sluggish performance

Discus and support Windows sluggish performance in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 - 1607 has a general slow response loading programs: -Settings 3" -Control Panel 4" -Chrome 8" -VirtualBOX 8" -Thunderbird 10"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Adalwar, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Adalwar Win User

Windows sluggish performance

Hi,

Windows 10 - 1607 has a general slow response loading programs:
    -Settings 3"
    -Control Panel 4"
    -Chrome 8"
    -VirtualBOX 8"
    -Thunderbird 10"
    - Event Viewer - 47"(till all data is loaded)

Time from pressing button until it shows up.
    I have 12GB RAM, DDR3-1600 / Processor Intel i5-2,4GHz

How to boost it up?

:)

Adalwar, Oct 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 sluggish Performance

Please provide more information so that the cause of your problem may be diagnosed.

Please restart your computer and allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading information required to help me investigate your problem. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in the period immediately after
    the computer has been booted.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32
    and click OK . Place the cursor on
    System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save.
    Files in the txt file format are preferred.Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.The system creates
    a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. If the
    report is in a language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload to your OneDrive and share with everyone a copy of your
    System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do not provide filtered files.
    Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Oct 25, 2016
  3. Windows 10 sluggish Performance

sluggish performance after the previous update...

PRIYESH YADAV, Oct 25, 2016
  4. Windows sluggish performance

RoadBlaster, Oct 25, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    Hi RoadBlaster,
    Thank you
    I have already have checked all performance settings, but no way.
    Every single interactive "operation" in GUI, first there a small "delay" and then it takes several "moments" to show up what one wants.
    It is around GUI/Graphics rather then with general hardware performance settings.

Adalwar, Oct 25, 2016
  6. so what hard drive you using SSD / HDD ?

7. Adalwar Win User
    It is a Hybrid 1TB HDD/SSD. Its performance is good, about 100MB/s Read/Write.

EDIT: That is my point, I have not Best Hardware, but the one I have should be more than enough to have a quick responsive system. It seems as if Windows for every single task has to "call home" first.*chuckle

Adalwar, Oct 25, 2016
  8. Windows sluggish performance

I'm not saying it is bad but the thing I suggest is in this order

1 - Full Anti-virus Scan

2 - Clean your drive up of rubbish using the os tools

3 - "C" Drive defrag

& see if that helps ?

9. Adalwar Win User
    1) I do not believe it has to do with virus, I am installing very few Software or none at all, I have only few Professional Software Installed. I am not using PC for personal amusement, like watching youtube , facebook or the like, but I will let it run over night.
    2) System is more cleaned as a "Waschmaschine Detergent" could clean. Even, I cleaned Store by means of DISM.
    3) System is only 3% Defrag, so that will not work.

Adalwar, Oct 25, 2016
  10. Adalwar Win User
    I started last night the Scan but after 1,5h it had only scanned 20% and CPU was running at High Speed, so I aborted the scan, it is pointless to sacrifice the Hardware for nothing.
    I have another W10, but 32bits and problem is also present there.
    It is windows , maybe full filled with Bloatware and spying around, making things slower.

Adalwar, Oct 26, 2016
  11. wow only 20% in 1.5 hours, my full scan takes 15 mins.

When did the system become slow after an update or driver install & did you install the OS yourself ?

Both computers may need a clean boot :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/929135

RoadBlaster, Oct 26, 2016
  12. Adalwar Win User
    Well, it depends how much Data has to be scanned in Drive C: , I have around 100GB.
    System is like that since I update to W10 from 8.1, and the other PC was coming pre-installed.
    I did everything around, In-Placed Upgrade, Clean-Boot, SFC /Scannow, DISM /restorehealth, Delete all Store App´s, cleaned Disk and Windows Components, Disabled most of Start-up things, Deleted Drivers and re-installed them, Disabled Animations, Tried different settings for Swap File, I do not know what else.
    There is nothing to do , is system related, I have to assume that , probably I will go to 8.1 because that sort of "Animation" all the time is killing my nerves.

Adalwar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows sluggish performance

1. Windows sluggish performance - Similar Threads - sluggish performance

2. when I went to my PC this morning i found it was very sluggish, It looks like auto...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I went to my PC this morning i found it was very sluggish, It looks like auto...: Woke up this morning and found my PC running very slow.When using office 365 I have to wait for the software to catch up, windows behaves the same.Microsoft auto installed software updates last night, something has happened to my PC since then.PLEASE HELP as I have not been...
  3. when I went to my PC this morning i found it was very sluggish, It looks like auto...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I went to my PC this morning i found it was very sluggish, It looks like auto...: Woke up this morning and found my PC running very slow.When using office 365 I have to wait for the software to catch up, windows behaves the same.Microsoft auto installed software updates last night, something has happened to my PC since then.PLEASE HELP as I have not been...
  4. Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue: Since today i have an issue with the file explorer.Whenever i click something be it folder or any files its even worse with folder and even happens on empty folders for 2-3 seconds theres a constant swapping of loading circle to my mouse cursor until the file is officially...
  5. Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue

Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue: Since today i have an issue with the file explorer.Whenever i click something be it folder or any files its even worse with folder and even happens on empty folders for 2-3 seconds theres a constant swapping of loading circle to my mouse cursor until the file is officially...
  6. Sluggish performance should I roll back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sluggish performance should I roll back?: I recently upgraded to windows 11 from 10 and am noticing sluggish performance.It includes slower startup,slower shut down ,right click menu pops in slower also tasks such as resizing/closing and opening have become slower.I have the latest KB5008215 update Non-insider...
  7. Sluggish performance should I roll back?

Sluggish performance should I roll back?: I recently upgraded to windows 11 from 10 and am noticing sluggish performance.It includes slower startup,slower shut down ,right click menu pops in slower also tasks such as resizing/closing and opening have become slower.I have the latest KB5008215 update Non-insider...
  8. Windows 10 Sudden Sluggish Performance. 100% memory and disk usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Sudden Sluggish Performance. 100% memory and disk usage.: The original Q. was from Nagendra17 Windows 10 Sudden Sluggish Performance. 100% memory and disk usage. So just randomly out of the blue my brand new HP Omen laptop suddently just began to become borderline unresponsive. When I opened up task manager, I’ve noticed that...
  9. Sluggish performance on laptop after coming out of sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish performance on laptop after coming out of sleep: I tried searching this and didn't find much so I figured i'd ask. I know i'm running an older laptop but lately when I come out of sleep mode everything I do is more sluggish and slow.. and web browsing especially. Most of the time I just have to do a restart to normalize it....
  10. Strange sluggish performance after update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange sluggish performance after update.: After the last major Windows update, I've started to experience abrnomally slow response for several basic Windows actions. The system will hang there for 5-10 or even 30+ seconds before the action is performed. Here are some examples: Clicking to highlight a file, folder,...