Windows 10: Windows Smartscreen Defender turning itself off!?

Discus and support Windows Smartscreen Defender turning itself off!? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know if i have a extreme weak memory but im pretty sure the option in app & browser control about windows smartscreen defender checking apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tyrant_IU_Model_001, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Windows Smartscreen Defender turning itself off!?

I don't know if i have a extreme weak memory but im pretty sure the option in app & browser control about windows smartscreen defender checking apps and files not recognized by the web was on some moments ago and from nowhere it turned itself off, so i have to go and enable it again Windows Smartscreen Defender turning itself off!? :p this also happened some days ago, is this a virus trying to turn it off? i already made a scan and everything looks fine.

submitted by /u/Tyrant_IU_Model_001
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tyrant_IU_Model_001, Feb 26, 2021
  2. crionsynx Win User

Microsoft Defender Smartscreen

Hi COLINGILBERT1,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I'm an Independent Advisor and consumer of Microsoft products just like you. Let me help you with your concern.

Microsoft Defender SmartScreen checks downloaded files against a list of reported malicious software sites and known unsafe programs and against list of files that are well known and downloaded by many Windows users. If the file you downloaded is on the malicious
    list or is not commonly downloaded it will show a warning, advising caution. If you believe that the file is not malicious and you trust the source then you can ignore the warning by clicking "Run anyway".

Refer to the below link for the benefits of Microsoft Defender SmartScreen.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

crionsynx, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Windows defender smartscreen

Every time i go to install a application on my windows 10 it keeps getting Blocked by the windows defender smartscreen security is there anyone that can help me please i’ve tried turning off the windows defender smartscreen but i’m still have no look hope
    someone can please help

{ paulcleaver }, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Smartscreen Defender turning itself off!?

Turn off automatic driver update and SmartScreen causing high disk and memory usage

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be quite frustrating when the computer does not work the way you want it to. I certainly appreciate the steps that you have tried. We can perform a couple of steps and see if we can resolve the issue.​

You can turn off the automatic installation of drivers from the Device installation settings and check if that helps. To turn off automatic installation please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Change Device installation settings
      in the search bar and open it.
    2. Click on No.
    3. Click on Save Changes.

Regarding SmartScreen causing high Disk and Memory usage, you can turn off the SmartScreen from Windows Security and check if that helps. To turn off SmartScreen, please follow the steps mentioned below:

Note: SmartScreen automatically scans applications, files, downloads, and websites, blocking known dangerous content. We recommend leaving SmartScreen enabled, as it provides an additional layer of security that helps to protect the PC.

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Update & Security.
    3. Click on Windows Security.
    4. Click on Windows Defender Security Center.
    5. Click on App & browser control.
    6. Select off under Check apps and files, SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge
      and SmartScreen for Microsoft Store apps.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows Smartscreen Defender turning itself off!?

1. Windows Smartscreen Defender turning itself off!? - Similar Threads - Smartscreen Defender turning

2. Not being able to turn on Windows Defender SmartScreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not being able to turn on Windows Defender SmartScreen: [ATTACH] I am not able to turn on this setting even though I am the administrator. Please tell me a way to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-being-able-to-turn-on-windows-defender/5008c89d-8f63-4d6c-935d-b7e919825d87
  3. Windows Defender SmartScreen isn't turning on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender SmartScreen isn't turning on: After I uninstalled my previous antivirus software, Defender SmartScreen isn't turning on. It didn't happen before I installed the antivirus. Though I've already deleted all the files & registries caused by the previous antivirus, it isn't turning on. It says, "This setting...
  4. Windows defender automatically turns itself off

Windows defender automatically turns itself off: Hello, my store app crashed after updating apps and I couldn't fix it for a day, whenever i tried to re sign it using powershell it said my firewall was off, I checked to see that no matter what I did, I couldn't turn it on so I decided to reset my pc, but after a couple of...
  5. Defender turned itself off

Defender turned itself off: Split from this thread. Windows defender for windows 8.1 has turned off on my computer and I can not figure out how to turn it back on? It all started when Windows defender showed red then switched to turned off....
  6. Windows Defender SmartScreen

Windows Defender SmartScreen: We are developing an application and singing both the executable/dlls as well as the installer with an EV code-signing certificate. Our application recently we began being flagged by Windows Defender SmartScreen despite having the EV certificate. It passes the Windows App...
  7. Windows Defender Keeps Turning Itself Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Keeps Turning Itself Off: I have to turn Windows Defender back on every day. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem? I have Windows 10 (automatically updated) and no other virus protection software installed....
  8. Will Windows Defender turn itself on

Will Windows Defender turn itself on: My laptop has Norton anti virus which expires in 2 weeks and I plan on using Windows Defender. OS is Windows 10- will Windows Defender turn on automatically when Norton expires or will I have to turn it on. If so how is Defender turned on. 56835
  9. Windows Defender inexplicitly turns itself off

Windows Defender inexplicitly turns itself off: Windows Defemder will intermittently fail to start after my HP laptop awakes from sleep mode. This does not occur every time. When it does occur, I get a message that Windows Defender is turned off and I need to turn it on again. When I attempt to turn it on, it eventually...
  10. Turn off SmartScreen Filter in Windows 10

Turn off SmartScreen Filter in Windows 10: Hi, According to this page: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...=vs.85%29.aspx Navigate to section :: "To turn off Turn on SmartScreen Filter to check web content (URLs) that Windows Store apps use:" I have created a .bat file with the following contents:...