Windows 10: Windows Snap feature not placing the window at the right height

Discus and support Windows Snap feature not placing the window at the right height in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Searching the web I wasn't able to simplify the wording of this problem well enough to get any results so, I'll go to reddit! I've been having a weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/anarchoandroid, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Windows Snap feature not placing the window at the right height

Searching the web I wasn't able to simplify the wording of this problem well enough to get any results so, I'll go to reddit!

I've been having a weird issue that's shown in the attached video. Windows doesn't seem to snap the windows in the right place, but rather when I detach a browser tab from Opera and try to snap it to half screen, choosing the other half places it in the other half, but just below completely covering the other half.

Maybe this is just a weird quirk of Opera or browsers in general, but it has been bugging me because most of the time I use the snap feature, it's with my web browser and this happens the first time everytime.

https://reddit.com/link/htmc85/video/tp36lb421ob51/player

submitted by /u/anarchoandroid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/anarchoandroid, Jul 18, 2020

2. Accessibility feature of Windows Snap in Windows 10

Hello,

The mouse sensitivity while performing a Snap works in tandem with how it works in Windows. So, changing the mouse sensitivity will not impact the Snap feature functionality separately.

So to answer to your query, there is no such dedicated control/settings to change how mouse gestures will work for Snap feature in Windows.

However, a work around in this case is to use keyboard shortcuts:

• Windows + Left Arrow
    • Windows + Right Arrow
    This works to snap windows to the left and right half of the screen respectively.

Hope the recommendation is helpful.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 18, 2020
  3. WINDOWS 10 SNAP FEATURE!!NOTHING MUCH IS CHANGED

Hi Pranavajay,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about Snap feature in Windows 10.

• Do let us know what exactly are you referring to Snap feature in Windows 10?

I would like to inform that Snap Assist, 2×2 snapping, and vertical snap features help make you more productive on the desktop running Windows 10.

Snap Assist: To snap a desktop window, left-click its window title bar, hold your mouse down, and then drag it to either the left or right edges of your screen.

You can also press Windows Key + Left arrow or Windows Key + Right arrow to snap an app to the left or right halves of your screen.

Vertical Snap: Windows 10 also adds support for vertical window-snapping. Press Windows Key + Up or Windows Key + Down to snap the current app to the top or bottom halves on the screen. Pressing Windows Key + Up a second time will maximize
    the window, while pressing Windows Key +Down a second time will minimize it.

2×2 Snap: Snap has now been extended to allow up to four windows snapped at a time in a 2×2 grid.

If you have any more concerns about the Snap feature in Windows 10 provide your valuable feedback to Microsoft on Feedback app.

Follow the steps below to write a feedback:

1. Type Feedback in the
    Search
    box on the Task bar.

2. Select Windows Feedback.

3. Click on Add new feedback and write your feedback.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Windows Snap feature not placing the window at the right height

We need a better Snap feature!

Snapping windows in win8 was amazing, having a list view on the rightside of the screen was really handy, it let you slide in an app next to your already open application. In windows ten this feature no longer exists. I now need to swipe right tap my app,
    shrink it down then find my app to put side by side... extra steps are annoying.

Now that apple came out with a similar feature on their ipad, theirs actually works better than windows 10! Please make this feature more intuitive bring back the old snapping from windows 8!

Also add a thin bar between windows that i have snapped when in desktop mode so that i can easily resize them.

ConstantinMitides, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows Snap feature not placing the window at the right height

1. Windows Snap feature not placing the window at the right height - Similar Threads - Snap feature placing

2. I lost features like snap windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost features like snap windows: I have lost features like snap windows in my Windows because I reset my PC.Now I can't access all those features https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-features-like-snap-windows/6d674d8e-292f-40a4-838b-c6229a20425c
  3. I lost features like snap windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost features like snap windows: I have lost features like snap windows in my Windows because I reset my PC.Now I can't access all those features https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-features-like-snap-windows/6d674d8e-292f-40a4-838b-c6229a20425c
  4. SNAP Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SNAP Feature: How does one go about utilizing this Window Feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-feature/07c70be9-64fe-434e-883c-fe10b2309a26
  5. SNAP Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SNAP Feature: How does one go about utilizing this Window Feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-feature/07c70be9-64fe-434e-883c-fe10b2309a26
  6. SNAP Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Snap Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Snap Feature: I created a permanent snap box in one corner of my monitor screen. It was defined by a yellow border that would appear when I moved a window into the box. The window would automatically resize to fit the box. I just got a new computer and can't remember how to create that...
  8. Contacting the right place

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Contacting the right place: Ok i was on facebook and found a app with age if empires as its video. I want to know how to contact the right department to get that **** removed the app is called Era Revolution[IMG]...
  9. Snap application windows to specific places.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snap application windows to specific places.: I have a laptop at work with two external monitors. I like to have apps set in specific places on certain screens. But when I undock my laptop to go to meetings or such, when I get back all apps are on the main screen of my 3 screen setup and I have to reconfigure them all...
  10. Windows 10 snap feature no longer works

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 snap feature no longer works: This is weird because the snap and drag feature has worked perfectly until a couple of days ago. First of all, it is turned on. And it did work before. But it's easier to show instead of tell. So, here's a short Jing video: Windows will not snap together I'd love some help....