Windows 10: Windows snap problem

Discus and support Windows snap problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason, the screen snaps instead of sliding to a new desktop. The Windows for programs also don't close by fading away. This problem only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheLuckyScatman, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Windows snap problem

For some reason, the screen snaps instead of sliding to a new desktop. The Windows for programs also don't close by fading away. This problem only seems to occur on my Windows account, but if I switch to another user, it works just fine.

Here is my account.

Here is another user.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

submitted by /u/TheLuckyScatman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheLuckyScatman, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Snapping problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I need some more information to assist you in a better way.

1. What the current resolution of the computer?

2. What is the make and model of the computer?

3. Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

You should update the Display drivers and graphic drivers from device managers.

To fix this problem, use the following methods in the order in which they are listed. After each method, check if problem is fixed. If the problem is not fixed, try the next method.

Method 1: First let’s check the screen resolution.

• Right click the Desktop and select Screen Resolution.

• The resolution must be at least 1366x768 to use the Snap feature.

Method 2: Update the Device Drivers and graphic drivers on the Computer.

Step 1: Check the Windows updates for any latest driver updates.

Check in Windows updates if any driver updates are available. If so, install the same and check if it helps.

a) Press “Windows Logo” key from the keyboard.

b) Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on “Install optional updates” from the left pane.

c) From the “Windows Update” window, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner, to receive a fresh list of updates and then install all the updates listed there.

Hope this helps, keep us posted

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 6, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows snap problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows snap problem

1. Windows snap problem - Similar Threads - snap problem

2. I lost features like snap windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost features like snap windows: I have lost features like snap windows in my Windows because I reset my PC.Now I can't access all those features https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-features-like-snap-windows/6d674d8e-292f-40a4-838b-c6229a20425c
  3. I lost features like snap windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost features like snap windows: I have lost features like snap windows in my Windows because I reset my PC.Now I can't access all those features https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-features-like-snap-windows/6d674d8e-292f-40a4-838b-c6229a20425c
  4. how do i get it to not tell me what app to snap to? i have the option off

how do i get it to not tell me what app to snap to? i have the option off: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 23H2 Installed on ‎29/‎12/‎2023 OS build 22631.3447 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0...
  5. Problem with snap Layouts layouts that you see when you over over the maximise screen button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with snap Layouts layouts that you see when you over over the maximise screen button: Here you can see 6 snap layouts but in my window, I can see only 4, this does not happen with notepad only, it happens with all the Microsoft apps. Let me attach another pic of google chrome see below notepad screenshotsee the difference, So my question is how to unlock all...
  6. Problem with snap Layouts layouts that you see when you over over the maximise screen button

Problem with snap Layouts layouts that you see when you over over the maximise screen button: Here you can see 6 snap layouts but in my window, I can see only 4, this does not happen with notepad only, it happens with all the Microsoft apps. Let me attach another pic of google chrome see below notepad screenshotsee the difference, So my question is how to unlock all...
  7. Hello I have 2, Win 10 PCs, same problem with both. Blipping, snapping, crackling sounds...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hello I have 2, Win 10 PCs, same problem with both. Blipping, snapping, crackling sounds...: I tried driver updates from Realtek and Dell and windows, no help. Even if my PCs volumes are all the way down the noise is still there in both PCs. The sounds a very annoying. What can I try next? Ja...
  8. WSL2 CLI window scroll to prompt problem while half/full snapped

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    WSL2 CLI window scroll to prompt problem while half/full snapped: I'm kind of new to WSL2, but when I have the CLI open, and the window is fullscreen or snapped to half screen, if I'm scrolled up the output (so that the prompt is below the bottom of the window), then when I hit the `up` key on the keyboard, or start typing, or right-click...
  9. Annoying Problem with Snap Assist After Resizing A Window Accidentally

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying Problem with Snap Assist After Resizing A Window Accidentally: This problem occurred when I had my Google Chrome windows snapped evenly half and half. I accidentally dragged on of the windows which made the window bigger which was where the problem with snap assist occured. With the keyboard shortcuts (win + arrow keys), I usually...
  10. Windows 10 Multitasking Snap function problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Multitasking Snap function problem: The Snap function doesn't work correctly after a window get saved in half screen edge snap. I don't if my upgrade when wrong or there' an actual bug with it. It works normally on a new user Account but it'll breaks the same way. Can someone here try to replicate this?...