Windows 10: Windows snapping between multiple monitors.

Discus and support Windows snapping between multiple monitors. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have read multiple threads about this issue and it looks like Microsoft could not care less about Windows 10 users. These said threads are as old as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SebastienCécire, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Windows snapping between multiple monitors.

I have read multiple threads about this issue and it looks like Microsoft could not care less about Windows 10 users. These said threads are as old as 2015 and the issue is still not fixed.

Long story short, I am using Windows Areo Snapping feature but when I want to move any window to my second monitor, Areo snap thinks I want to snap the window to the side of my first monitor. A simple fix as ''hold window for one second to snap'' instead of having the users to drag the windows with their mouse as fast as possible to snap. You guys know it's not a hardware issue or software updates. This problem exists only in Windows 10. This problem is the tool itself.

And before you try to direct me on how to disable it, that is not what I need. I want to snap my windows and use the feature, but it's outraging that I have to move the mouse as fast as possible while dragging a window between my dual monitors. I am an advanced user and currently a programming student and even I know it should be an easy fix. So I ask you, in 2019, Microsoft, fix it!

:)

SebastienCécire, Apr 14, 2019
  2. mfcabc123 Win User

Snap (double screen)

How can I make my screen snap if I'm using two monitors? It would be nice if I could right click on the menu bar and have a dropdown option to snap when I have two screens open or double screens. Obviously I can't just click and drag to snap the screen as
    you can do with a single monitor screen.

There should be a way to do multiple snap screens with multiple monitors/screens...

That's my suggestion... Thanks,

mfcabc123, Apr 14, 2019
  3. How to Configure Windows 10 Snap assist in 3 Monitor Setup AMD Eyefinity

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

As you have stated that after upgrading from windows 7 to window 10 you are facing an issue in the snap assist, as when your try to open a document or browser in monitor 1 and maximize the document or browser it will also maximize on the other two
    monitor but the problem doesn’t occur in windows 7.

As per understanding the issue I would like you to check whether all the three monitor is connected as duplicate or extended. Please follow the step given below to check if it helps.

• Press Window + I. ( to open setting Tab)

• Tap or click on System.

• Tap or click on Display.

• Check the Status of Multiple display.

• If it on Duplicate then change into Extended.
    Note: If you don't see an option named multiple displays in your display settings, then Windows isn't detecting a second monitor plugged into your desktop computer. Or, it is not detecting an external
    monitor plugged into your laptop. When Windows detects this monitor, it will appear in the drop-down list next to
    Display. If you don't see it listed there, try clicking
    Detect.

Make sure the monitor you want to extend your desktop to be turned on and plugged into the correct video port on your computer. You might also need to select the correct source labeled on your monitor's controls to ensure the monitor is using the correct
    video port. For more information, check the manual for your monitor or go to the manufacturer's website.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Morris Subba, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Windows snapping between multiple monitors.

Neep Help to Disable Aero Snap Between Monitors Only on Windows 10

Yeah, I have the same issue. Very frustrating to have a window snap to the edge between monitors. Snapping to the edges is great. I love that feature. Windows 7 allowed me to snap to the sides of the desktop, but didn't snap to the edges BETWEEN monitors.
    This new feature is just irritating, and makes having multiple monitors frustrating. Fix it, Microsoft, it's a problem.

Leth4lTiger, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows snapping between multiple monitors.

1. Windows snapping between multiple monitors. - Similar Threads - snapping between multiple

2. Is there a way to snap a window across multiple monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to snap a window across multiple monitors?: Adobe Premiere Pro takes up a lot of screen space so I typically run it on both monitors 24" x2. Is there a way to lock it across both? Currently it's floating in order to stretch across. I have marked the approximate location of the split point between monitors with a green...
  3. Is there a way to snap a window across multiple monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to snap a window across multiple monitors?: Adobe Premiere Pro takes up a lot of screen space so I typically run it on both monitors 24" x2. Is there a way to lock it across both? Currently it's floating in order to stretch across. I have marked the approximate location of the split point between monitors with a green...
  4. "Snap to" with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Snap to" with multiple monitors: Hi I am loving Windows 11 great job. I am a graphic designer and use a multiple monitor setup. How "snap to" works is great, but I use a laptop and an external monitor to extend the screen, it would be nice if I try to snap an open window there are no options to snap it to my...
  5. "Snap to" with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Snap to" with multiple monitors: Hi I am loving Windows 11 great job. I am a graphic designer and use a multiple monitor setup. How "snap to" works is great, but I use a laptop and an external monitor to extend the screen, it would be nice if I try to snap an open window there are no options to snap it to my...
  6. Snap to window is buggy for multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap to window is buggy for multiple monitors: I have 5 monitors arranged thus: 1 2 345 If that doesn't come out right it's 3 along and 2 up, with the top middle one missing there's a stereo there. Snapping to windows works perfectly apart from one application which I want to run across the right two monitors 2...
  7. Disable snapping between monitors.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable snapping between monitors.: Windows snapping is amazing but I'd like to disable it on the left side of my main monitor and the right side of the second monitor to be able to freely move applications between the two without having to let go of left-click and then continue dragging from the other. Has...
  8. snap window with multiple monitors in portrait display mode

snap window with multiple monitors in portrait display mode: How can we use snap features in Windows 10 if our multiple monitors are in portrait display mode? One idea was: "You can assign new hotkeys (like Ctrl + Alt + Up/Down) on the Settings > Functions tab. The functions you're looking for are called "Size and Move Window to...
  9. Aero snapping betwen multiple monitors

Aero snapping betwen multiple monitors: I have read multiple threads about this issue and it looks like Microsoft could not care less about Windows 10 users. These said threads are as old as 2015 and the issue is still not fixed. Long story short, I am using Windows Areo Snapping feature but when I want to move...
  10. Snapping Console Windows Fail On Multiple Monitor Setup

Snapping Console Windows Fail On Multiple Monitor Setup: Hi All, I have Windows 10 w/ latest build. A recent problem started to occur when I use the Win-Key + Arrow keys to snap a command or powershell console window to the edge of a monitor. All other windows programs snap fine. I can use the Win-Key + Arrow keys to cycle them...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows snapping between monitors