Windows 10: Windows snapping issue?

Discus and support Windows snapping issue? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has been driving me crazy for months and I got a new monitor and have tried finding solutions to this issue but can't find one. Whenever my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aoD_Addi, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Windows snapping issue?

This has been driving me crazy for months and I got a new monitor and have tried finding solutions to this issue but can't find one. Whenever my programs/browsers snap to the corners using the snap features, it snaps on perfectly, but eventually (not sure how) it returns to being snapped but past the corners of the monitor. Here's some screenshots to explain.

Snapped to the corner perfectly

When it eventually messes up

submitted by /u/aoD_Addi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aoD_Addi, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 27, 2019
  4. kimih12 Win User

Windows snapping issue?

Snap windows (issue with keyboard shortcut)

I have the Windows 10, version 1903 with the latest update installed (October 24, 2019—KB4522355 (OS Build 18362.449), at the time of writing).

I have had this issue related to the 'Snap windows' feature for a while:

Under Settings > System > Multitasking, I have enabled the 'Snap windows' feature with all the options checked.

I often use the 'Windows_Key + Arrow_Key' keyboard shortcut to snap the active window; however, most of the time, I have to press this shortcut twice to snap the window. By dragging the window, I have no issue.
    This issue only happens when I use the keyboard shortcut.

The first time I press this shortcut, it does move the active window to the direction indicated by the
    Arrow_Key, but a small upper portion of the title bar of the active window is cut by the display's upper boundary, and it does not show the other windows that I can snap next to it.

The second time that I press the shortcut, it then properly snaps the active window (no more cutting title bar) and shows the other windows that I can snap next to it.

I do want to add the fact that I use a multi-display setup.

Here are the screenshots that better describes my situation:

• After pressing the keyboard shortcut for the first time:

Windows snapping issue? [​IMG]

• After pressing the keyboard shortcut for the second time:

Windows snapping issue? 8e626177-d850-4238-942d-9e4f5705abbd?upload=true.png

Please, any help would be appreciated.

kimih12, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows snapping issue?

1. Windows snapping issue? - Similar Threads - snapping issue

2. Snap Layout Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap Layout Issue: I recently noticed the snap layout feature on Windows 11, which gives us a variety of options to choose from differs from that I have. Could anyone tell why is it so ? I am attaching screenshots below to show the difference more clearly.This is the one I saw on Online.and,...
  3. Snap Layout Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snap Layout Issue: I recently noticed the snap layout feature on Windows 11, which gives us a variety of options to choose from differs from that I have. Could anyone tell why is it so ? I am attaching screenshots below to show the difference more clearly.This is the one I saw on Online.and,...
  4. Mouse Cursor Snapping Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Cursor Snapping Issue: HiRecently I encountered a few issues related to the mouse cursor not snapping the corners of the object I was selecting. Below are some examples:1. In Excel, when you select a cell and move the cursor to the bottom right corner of the cell where the dot is, normally the...
  5. Mouse Cursor Snapping Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Cursor Snapping Issue: HiRecently I encountered a few issues related to the mouse cursor not snapping the corners of the object I was selecting. Below are some examples:1. In Excel, when you select a cell and move the cursor to the bottom right corner of the cell where the dot is, normally the...
  6. Mouse Cursor Snapping Issue

7. SNAP DARK ISSUES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SNAP DARK ISSUES: can you guys help me with this problem? its pretty disturbing when i work. when i split the window it is darker then the other one. so i need to click on the window everytime want to see the content from the other window....
  8. SNAP DARK ISSUES

SNAP DARK ISSUES: can you guys help me with this problem? its pretty disturbing when i work. when i split the window it is darker then the other one. so i need to click on the window everytime want to see the content from the other window....
  9. HP Ryzen Windows 11 GetCACaps constant BSOD Chrome Oh Snaps issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Ryzen Windows 11 GetCACaps constant BSOD Chrome Oh Snaps issues: I have a new HP laptop AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics Windows 11 Home 64-bit Version: 22621.900 2 sticks of 16GB A-DATA Technology 3200MHz and I constantly BSOD everything up to date and all hardware tests pass . Please help its affecting my work at home . I have done...
  10. HP Ryzen Windows 11 GetCACaps constant BSOD Chrome Oh Snaps issues

HP Ryzen Windows 11 GetCACaps constant BSOD Chrome Oh Snaps issues: I have a new HP laptop AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics Windows 11 Home 64-bit Version: 22621.900 2 sticks of 16GB A-DATA Technology 3200MHz and I constantly BSOD everything up to date and all hardware tests pass . Please help its affecting my work at home . I have done...