Windows 10: Windows snapping to top of screen but not right/left of screen possible?

Discus and support Windows snapping to top of screen but not right/left of screen possible? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently set up a multiple monitor setup for my PC and was having some issues with windows snapping. When I try to drag a monitor right or left from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Smitherinies, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Windows snapping to top of screen but not right/left of screen possible?

I recently set up a multiple monitor setup for my PC and was having some issues with windows snapping. When I try to drag a monitor right or left from one screen to another it keeps on snapping and i cant drag it across. I tried turning snapping off in windows settings but I found that I snap to the top of the screen to turn a screen into fullscreen quite a lot so it wasnt the best option

I tried googling it but couldnt really find much out. And yes it is possible to hold shift or the windows key and drag the window from one monitor to another, but I found it cumbersome after a while so I was wondering if anyone had some info?

submitted by /u/Smitherinies
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Smitherinies, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Digijan Win User

Snap Assist to top and bottom in portrait mode

I work in Portrait on my desktop and have found an almost-but-not-quite solution building on Eeshwar's suggestion.

1) Snap a window to one of the corners. For this purpose we'll say you have your notes app and Snap it to bottom-left or bottom-right.

2) Size the snapped window horizontally to fill the screen

3) Snap "top" window to either top corner - the window will match the size of your previously-snapped bottom window and fill the rest of the screen.

This solution has drawbacks:

1) Extra step - you must resize the initial window after snapping

2) No official keyboard shortcuts

Digijan, Dec 2, 2019
  3. IE 11 Set where new window open on the screen (i.e. always snapped right side)

Hi,

You can actually arrange your windows in a snap. Snap Assist
    is a way to effortlessly arranging your windows on the desktop just the way you want them.

1. Launch your internet browser and the application you use to view your PDF files.

2. Click on your browser's window to make it active.

3. Snap it to the left side of the screen by pressing
    Windows key + Left arrow.

Thumbnails of the other opened windows will appear in the free space of your desktop. Click on the thumbnail of your PDF application, and that window will snap to the right side of the screen.

Other keyboard shortcuts:

• Windows key + Right arrow - Will snap the current active window to the left side of the screen.
    • Windows key + Up arrow - Will snap the window to the top quarter of the screen.
    • Windows key + Down arrow - Will snap the window to the bottom quarter of the screen.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Joanna 777, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Windows snapping to top of screen but not right/left of screen possible?

How to start File Explorer snapped to the left and right?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to use snap function. We will help you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better I would like to know whether you are able to use the feature in On Screen key board. Did you try the same using another keyboard?

I suggest you to follow the steps to open On Screen Keyboard.

• Right Click on Windows Logo.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Or, you may use the On Screen Keyboard.
    • Right Click on Windows, Select Control Panel.
    • Click on Ease of access center.
    • Click on Screen Keyboard.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue persists in the new account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 Insider Preview. Back up the files and programs before creating new user account.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows snapping to top of screen but not right/left of screen possible?

1. Windows snapping to top of screen but not right/left of screen possible? - Similar Threads - snapping top screen

2. Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen: When going fullscreen in a game which requires using mouse as aim the mouse cursor moves up to top right or left corner of screen when i press esc or open menu ingame...
  3. Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen: When going fullscreen in a game which requires using mouse as aim the mouse cursor moves up to top right or left corner of screen when i press esc or open menu ingame...
  4. unresponsive screen top left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unresponsive screen top left corner: I had this issues before on my windows 10 pc and then I bought new pc with windows 11 installed and I realise that it also happens on the new one. My top left corner of the screen is unresponsive click, scroll etc whatever I do no response, example: Now i'm in the internet...
  5. unresponsive screen top left corner

unresponsive screen top left corner: I had this issues before on my windows 10 pc and then I bought new pc with windows 11 installed and I realise that it also happens on the new one. My top left corner of the screen is unresponsive click, scroll etc whatever I do no response, example: Now i'm in the internet...
  6. Snapping windows to the top and bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snapping windows to the top and bottom of the screen: Hey all,As part of my setup in my office, I have one monitor rotated 180 to use in portrait mode. Something I have not been able to figure out is if you can snap a window to the top or bottom half of the screen as you would snap to the left or right on a landscape screen. Is...
  7. Snapping windows to the top and bottom of the screen

Snapping windows to the top and bottom of the screen: Hey all,As part of my setup in my office, I have one monitor rotated 180 to use in portrait mode. Something I have not been able to figure out is if you can snap a window to the top or bottom half of the screen as you would snap to the left or right on a landscape screen. Is...
  8. Snapping windows to the top and bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Is there any way to snap a program to the left and right of the screen at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to snap a program to the left and right of the screen at the same time?: So I have a dual monitor setup, and if I leave my computer idle and it goes to sleep on its own, the programs on my secondary monitor go back to my primary. This wouldn't be too big of a problem, but the programs also resize once they're on my primary monitor, so I have to...
  10. duplicate screen in top left corner

in Windows 10 Customization
    duplicate screen in top left corner: How do I remove duplicate screen in top left corner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-screen-in-top-left-corner/62a58c30-20d5-41cd-aa12-760950c10838