Windows 10: Windows Snip it program doesnt list mapped drive as a choice location to save

Discus and support Windows Snip it program doesnt list mapped drive as a choice location to save in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is on a fresh install of Windows 10. At work we use the snip program a lot and save the snips in a mapped "I" drive. Worked well under Windows 7.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rick43521, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Rick43521 Win User

Windows Snip it program doesnt list mapped drive as a choice location to save

This is on a fresh install of Windows 10. At work we use the snip program a lot and save the snips in a mapped "I" drive. Worked well under Windows 7. Windows 10 sees the drive through file explorer just fine

Our problem is when using the snip it program, the drive isn't listed as a choice to save. It returns a error saying path not found. In our program we use the snips on, it cant find any files and returns the same error. However we can manually go to the drive and select it and the files can be seen and saved. Whats strange is that we got three new computers and 1 works properly and the other two don't.

I am sure it's just a association setting or some other type of setting, but we cant figure out what. I wasnt sure if I should post to this group of the settings group. If I need to move please let me know

Thanks in advance

Rick

:)

Rick43521, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Darshan J Win User

Unable to Save Favorites in Maps app

Hi Ali,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

Computer

• What is the make and model of your Computer?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your computer?
    • Which Windows 10 build is installed on the computer?
    • What happens when you try to save the favorites?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

At first you have to sign in using a Microsoft account, if you have not logged the saved favorite’s will be not be visible next time when you open Map app.Also make sure Date, Time and Region are
    set correctly.

Suggest you to follow below steps to save your favorite location on you Maps app on your computer.

• Open Map App, Search for the location.
    • On the left pane Click on the Star Icon to save your favorite place.

If you are still unable to save favorites on your computer follow the below methods.

Method 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: Update Windows Store Apps and games.

Checking for updates for apps and games from the Windows Store

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/...updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store

Mobile

Provide the information below to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your mobile?
    • What happens when you try to save the favorites?
    • Do you get any error message or code?
    • Make sure Date, Time and Region are set correctly, try to restart your phone and check if will be able to Save the Favorite location.
    • Also check if there are any update available for this from Store>Menu>Downloads and updates>Check for updates.
    Suggest you to follow below steps to save your favorite location on you Maps app on your computer.

• Open Map App, Search for the location.
    • On the left pane Click on the Star Icon to save your favorite place.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Windows Snip it program doesnt list mapped drive as a choice location to save

Windows 10 maps

To narrow down your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried using another USB in saving your offline maps?
    • Were you able to update your drivers? We suggest that you check if your drivers are up to date by following the steps on this
      link.

For your reference, below are the steps to save Offline Maps to USB:

• Click on Start; then, Settings.
    • Select Maps; then, Storage Locations.
    • Click on the Change where you store offline maps drop down menu and choose the
      new location.

We will be waiting for your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows Snip it program doesnt list mapped drive as a choice location to save

1. Windows Snip it program doesnt list mapped drive as a choice location to save - Similar Threads - Snip program doesnt

2. Folder choice for snip image save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder choice for snip image save: How can I set my own choice of default folder in which to save the snip image?I usually choose a different folder than the [personal] Screenshots folder, but my system never remembers it....
  3. Folder choice for snip image save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder choice for snip image save: How can I set my own choice of default folder in which to save the snip image?I usually choose a different folder than the [personal] Screenshots folder, but my system never remembers it....
  4. Windows Maps location

Windows Maps location: I am a bit baffled by the declaration that the windows 10 location is inaccurate because a system has no gps. I can search my location on google maps and bing maps and have my location show correctly however when searching with windows maps its not just a little over its 4 or...
  5. Mapping and saving a path to network drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping and saving a path to network drives: Windows ver. 1909 I use a program called MyFolders. It creates a Right click menu option in File Explorer that then allows you to map a path to and save that mapped path to any external drive or other computer on your network. It appears this program has some fatal flaws...
  6. Modify "Save As" Choices?

Modify "Save As" Choices?: "Save As" offers: Quick access Desktop Libraries This PC Network However, I find myself frequently navigating from This PC down to my home directory. The main question I have is: "How can I put my home directory in this list or at least in Libraries or Quick...
  7. Mapped drive not listed in the snipit program. Says path cant be found

Mapped drive not listed in the snipit program. Says path cant be found: This is on a fresh install of Windows 10. At work we use the snip program a lot and save the snips in a mapped "I" drive. Worked well under Windows 7. Windows 10 sees the drive through file explorer just fine Our problem is when using the snip it program, the drive isn't...
  8. Snip & Sketch - Auto Save to Specified Location

Snip & Sketch - Auto Save to Specified Location: With the new "Snip & Sketch" tool, I can't find the option to set where snips are saved. If I take a snip, it simply copies it to the clipboard instead of saving it as an image. * I do NOT want them copied to the clipboard. I have turned "Auto copy to clipboard" OFF but it...
  9. Removed mapped drive no longer showing in drive list for a new mapped drive.

Removed mapped drive no longer showing in drive list for a new mapped drive.: I had a mapped network drive that was showing as disconnected and I tried the CMD (Admin) command mountvol /r which removed the mapped drive but now the drive that was causing the trouble no longer shows up in the list if drives I can mount. How do I get this drive back?...
  10. Maps location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maps location: My maps shows my location to be 900 mile away. Shows across all devices and apps. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/maps-location/91003ebc-c7c9-430a-a8a1-b9577872575e