Windows 10: Windows Snipping Tool shortcut not working

Discus and support Windows Snipping Tool shortcut not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Win + Shift + S snipping tool shortcut opens up the widget but does not save the snip or open the editor, however the snipping app itself works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ophidahlia, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Windows Snipping Tool shortcut not working

The Win + Shift + S snipping tool shortcut opens up the widget but does not save the snip or open the editor, however the snipping app itself works correctly when opened up. The registry correctly points to user pictures folder; I took these images and description of the problem using Win + PrtScn which works just fine. Suggestions would be appreciated as I'd rather not run extra 3rd party software to do something windows is supposed to do natively. Thanks!

:)

Ophidahlia, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Snipping Tool Properties in Windows 10

Hi Missy,

The easiest way to make a copy of something is to take a snapshot of your screen by using the Snipping Tool. You can use it to save and share news stories, movie reviews, or recipes. To access the Properties and set a shortcut key for the Snipping Tool, you
    can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Snipping Tool.
    • Right-click on the Snipping Tool
      result, and click Open file location.
    • Right-click on the Snipping Tool shortcut, and click
      Properties

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

One thing is you can make keyboard shortcuts for the various things you can do. And upload directly to imgur was very nice when I used it that way. And you can define an area and have a shortcut for screenshotting that area. I agree it's not as powerful in relation to the Windows 10 snipping tool but it's definitely way, way more powerful than the ones in previous versions of Windows.

Frick, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Windows Snipping Tool shortcut not working

snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Snipping Tool shortcut not working

1. Windows Snipping Tool shortcut not working - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool shortcut

2. Snipping tool shortcut stops working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool shortcut stops working.: Hi friends!I absolutely love using the windows+shift+s shortcut to take quick screenshots of things, but after a while the shortcut completely stops working, I've checked multiple things to try fix it but the only thing that works is uninstalling and reinstalling it. It's...
  3. Snipping tool shortcut stops working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool shortcut stops working.: Hi friends!I absolutely love using the windows+shift+s shortcut to take quick screenshots of things, but after a while the shortcut completely stops working, I've checked multiple things to try fix it but the only thing that works is uninstalling and reinstalling it. It's...
  4. Snipping tool shortcut stops working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Snipping tool not working!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool not working!!!: Hi ,I am getting an issue snipping tool is not working in my PC. I have already upgraded where Microsoft had fixed the issue. But after I joined the windows insider a day ago through offline insider roll script I got the same issue.Pls help me ....
  6. Snipping Tool is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool is not working: After I install Windows 11 , the sniipping is not working, it is used to work before with Windows10 , should i revert to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-is-not-working/bad585f5-408e-41fb-a303-def5920c8e0f
  7. Snipping Tool is not working

Snipping Tool is not working: After I install Windows 11 , the sniipping is not working, it is used to work before with Windows10 , should i revert to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-is-not-working/bad585f5-408e-41fb-a303-def5920c8e0f
  8. Snipping tool is not working

Snipping tool is not working: I applied all the updates and snipping tool still not working. Are you doing something to fix this? I use it a lot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-is-not-working/398ad7ae-c542-4aa0-99c6-251ae0c65ece
  9. Snip it tool not working

Snip it tool not working: Hi When I click on new and go to snip my work the whole screen turns black and I cannot see what is underneath, therefore it doesnt work Can anyone help me please. Lisa...
  10. Shortcut Snipping tool

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut Snipping tool: I have a surface book 2. How can i assign the prtscn button to take a screenshot with the microsoft snipping tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-snipping-tool/4b4e09f7-4579-46eb-8995-aa5406b432b6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win 10 snipping shortcut Win Shft S quit working

2. snipping tool hot keys not working