Windows 10: Windows "Soft" Crashes

Discus and support Windows "Soft" Crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I have been experiencing what I am calling "soft" crashes since I've found no term to describe this occurance. After a being awake for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JennMench, May 26, 2020.

1. JennMench Win User

Windows "Soft" Crashes

Recently I have been experiencing what I am calling "soft" crashes since I've found no term to describe this occurance. After a being awake for a while, my Desktop starts to malfunction. The pop-up previews on the taskbar no longer appear when I hover my mouse over the applications, the power options will not show because like the other pop-ups, it disapears as soon as I move my mouse to click 'restart', causing me to have to restart from settings. In addition to this, the few applications that can be opened at this point require me to click them multiple times to actually register. I've scanned for viruses with Symantec multiple times and have found nothing. I have also cleared a bunch of tasks and applications to take pressure off my cpu, just in case it was related to that. I am very confused and have found nothing on this issue so far.

:)

JennMench, May 26, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 26, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 26, 2020
  4. zvit Win User

Windows "Soft" Crashes

Soft BSOD only at restart

I've tried this for a few days for testing purposes but it didn't solve the issue.
    If not for BSOD's, the custom ram setting is good.

Hd tune: Benchmark:

Windows "Soft" Crashes [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:

Instead of updating the ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5 driver I just uninstalled that player with IObit Uninstaller. I don't need the player anyway.

I will set virtual ram to auto for all drives just to do your complete list - for now.

I will leave the BIOS version for last. Previously (a few months ago), I had already reset the BIOS and cleared the CMOS.
    I also changed the battery to a new one - just to be thorough.

Things left to do:

1. HD Tune: Full Error Scan - all drives
    2. Run Sea Tools for Windows
    3. Downgrade BIOS version.

I will update after all is done.

I have 37TB of hard drives and another 20TB in a Synology server (which I won't test)
    So it will take time.

Thema:

Windows "Soft" Crashes

1. Windows "Soft" Crashes - Similar Threads - Soft Crashes

2. Pc soft locking, rebooting the past few days, Im at a complete loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc soft locking, rebooting the past few days, Im at a complete loss: Ok so, the past few days I have been having these issues would lag out when I would try opening anything. Steam, discord, web browser did not matter. I could still use my mouse, and programs already open, but what I tried to open wouldnt. The hour glass would show up and stay...
  3. Pc soft locking, rebooting the past few days, Im at a complete loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc soft locking, rebooting the past few days, Im at a complete loss: Ok so, the past few days I have been having these issues would lag out when I would try opening anything. Steam, discord, web browser did not matter. I could still use my mouse, and programs already open, but what I tried to open wouldnt. The hour glass would show up and stay...
  4. Why is my computer Soft rebooting, and crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer Soft rebooting, and crashing?: I got this pc built a year ago. I went recently to get the Hardware checked since I got a critical error related to hardware. The store said there was no hardware issues so then the other idea was a software issue. So i reinstalled windows and downloaded the bare minimum of...
  5. Why is my computer Soft rebooting, and crashing?

Why is my computer Soft rebooting, and crashing?: I got this pc built a year ago. I went recently to get the Hardware checked since I got a critical error related to hardware. The store said there was no hardware issues so then the other idea was a software issue. So i reinstalled windows and downloaded the bare minimum of...
  6. Random "soft" system crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random "soft" system crash: Hi everyone,My system has been randomly crashing for the last couple of months. An open app Chrome, Firefox, OBS, Skype will suddenly become laggy and then freeze entirely. This behaviour then begins to affect other apps, as well as Windows Taskbar, Task Manager, etc. The...
  7. Soft-Lock/Hanging? Processor Stops Processing But Computer Keeps Running? System "Crash"...

Soft-Lock/Hanging? Processor Stops Processing But Computer Keeps Running? System "Crash"...: I dont even know what to properly call this situation. TL;DR: Newly built Computer does this weird thing that is not quite a Soft or a Hard lock. Computer stays running, windows and popups respond but nothing actually happens. Browser can be used but videos will not work...
  8. Laptop crashed (most likely) due to full soft drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop crashed (most likely) due to full soft drive?: I accidentally filled up my SSD on my Lenovo Legion laptop due to 1) saving all my files to it when I was a noob with my laptop a few years back and 2) not managing space and accidentally downloading a rather leg file to my SSD. I keep getting the “:(“ icon and then the...
  9. ALL my windows default soft is crashing

ALL my windows default soft is crashing: Can some one help me all my default windows soft like mail, microsoft store , music , todo, calendar all with the blue one etc all was crash when i open im using surface book pro windows 10 version 1909 os build 17763.503 i thing because i to often update the windows...
  10. Crash while refreshing(soft reset), Asus Laptop..

Crash while refreshing(soft reset), Asus Laptop..: I'm stuck in here and I cannot do anything... I could access the cmd prompt but I can't go into safe mode(I think). No, my DVD-ROM is having No Media as its status.. I guess I need to use a pendrive....