Windows 10: Windows soft locking randomly

Discus and support Windows soft locking randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sometimes when using my computer, especially when I'm just watching videos in a browser or just browsing in general, my computer will soft lock. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexMaloziec, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Windows soft locking randomly

Sometimes when using my computer, especially when I'm just watching videos in a browser or just browsing in general, my computer will soft lock. I'm not able to close the browser, open any other programs, use the start menu or the taskbar. Attempting to shut off the computer through software either does nothing, or attempts to shut down infinitely. I am forced to hold down the power button for the PC to shut down.. I have reimaged the computer 3 times, ran memtest86 with no errors, ran chkdsk with no errors, ran sfc with no errors, and at this point I'm at a loss. Reliability monitor reports 2

:)

AlexMaloziec, Jun 20, 2021

2. Computer Randomly locks up

Ok, so my dads pc (its in sp) completely randomly locks up.

Im not sure what the deal is.

it was working fine, i swapped boards and it game me a memory error but no big deal, fixed that. now, it locks up a few times a day, whether it is in the bios, or post screen, windows, trying to format windows ect.

Im not sure what to do! if its the board i'll rma it and give him "back" the P45 but if its ram or hdd idk...

what do you suggest?

freaksavior, Jun 20, 2021
  3. little cat, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Windows soft locking randomly

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows soft locking randomly

1. Windows soft locking randomly - Similar Threads - soft locking randomly

2. Soft locked pc with password and advanced options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Soft locked pc with password and advanced options: So when I entered windows diagnostics it kicked me out and now I can't use my password to login and when I try to reset the pc to get past it I can't as there's only 2 option in the advanced options uefi and startup does anyone know how to fix this?I've already tried to reset...
  3. Soft locked pc with password and advanced options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Soft locked pc with password and advanced options: So when I entered windows diagnostics it kicked me out and now I can't use my password to login and when I try to reset the pc to get past it I can't as there's only 2 option in the advanced options uefi and startup does anyone know how to fix this?I've already tried to reset...
  4. Soft locked pc with password and advanced options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Random soft shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random soft shutdowns: Running an X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB RAM, 2080, 5900X no overclocks and I've started encountering seemingly random shutdowns - not just a hard instantshutdown/immediately off situation, I've had that in a past with a faulty PSU under load. I'll be mid-task and I get the...
  6. Random soft shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random soft shutdowns: Running an X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB RAM, 2080, 5900X no overclocks and I've started encountering seemingly random shutdowns - not just a hard instantshutdown/immediately off situation, I've had that in a past with a faulty PSU under load. I'll be mid-task and I get the...
  7. Random soft shutdowns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Random "soft" system crash

Random "soft" system crash: Hi everyone,My system has been randomly crashing for the last couple of months. An open app Chrome, Firefox, OBS, Skype will suddenly become laggy and then freeze entirely. This behaviour then begins to affect other apps, as well as Windows Taskbar, Task Manager, etc. The...
  9. Windows 10 soft freezes randomly

Windows 10 soft freezes randomly: Hi everyone, my Windows 10 have been freezing every 5-7 days randomly, always happens when I'm doing light loads like watching a Youtube video or just browsing the web. Never freezes when I'm playing heavy load games like Cyberpunk 2077 or streaming. When it happens Windows...
  10. Hardware error, soft lock & hard lock & hard reset

Hardware error, soft lock & hard lock & hard reset: Hello! I've been experiencing soft program locks unresponsive but can be closed without force quit, hard locks completely unresponsive system and hard reset involuntary hardware resets. Here's the hardware error I found. Description A problem with your hardware caused...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 soft locking