Windows 10: windows soft thumbnails doesnt display

Discus and support windows soft thumbnails doesnt display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello One picture is better than long explanation [ATTACH] My attempts to resolve this: - Run CCleaner for clean windows thumnails cache Same with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PapitoZV, Jul 29, 2020.

1. PapitoZV Win User

windows soft thumbnails doesnt display

Hello

One picture is better than long explanation

windows soft thumbnails doesnt display 54cf871c-3965-4743-ba44-57cf75abc93e?upload=true.png

My attempts to resolve this:

- Run CCleaner for clean windows thumnails cache Same with another soft "WinAeroTwinker"...

- Try to restart explorer.exe

- Cmd recommanded by an user from French answer.microsoft :

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth sfc /scannow

-------

So any solutions or suggests ?

Regards

:)

PapitoZV, Jul 29, 2020

2. Thumbnail display

I cannot keep thumbnails displaying. I dump cache but this doesnt fix the problem.

RichardSayers1, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. windows soft thumbnails doesnt display - Similar Threads - soft thumbnails doesnt

2. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  3. Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are Not Displayed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are Not Displayed: I've tried every solution described in this article, but I can't get Windows 10 Edu. 1909 64 bit to display thumbnails in Windows Explorer. "Always show icons, never thumbnails" in Windows Explorer is deactivated. Any help would be appreciated. submitted by /u/-Skybird-...
  4. Windows 10 Doesnt Recognize Displays

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Doesnt Recognize Displays: Hello Everyone. I am at my wits end trying to figure out why my two Acer S231HL monitors are stuck at 480p resolution and why Advanced Display Settings shows the monitors as having no name. Displays with no name It seems like windows is struggling to identify the monitors as...
  5. Display File Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Display File Thumbnails: Would someone tell me the simplest way to display thumbnails for video files on my computer, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-file-thumbnails/fd268c77-a087-43d3-b60b-e846d8253dd6"
  6. Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer

Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer: Thumbnails on my new laptop running Win10 are not displaying in Explorer or editing software. They show briefly after a folder opens and when I use the slider, they show for a split second as the mouse scrolls down. Otherwise only an icon shows....
  7. Thumbnail display

Thumbnail display: I cannot keep thumbnails displaying. I dump cache but this doesnt fix the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-display/4f00e77a-4a00-4fd6-8657-86a8f723b325"
  8. Thumbnails Displaying

Thumbnails Displaying: I have a large(ish) folder of pictures. For some of the pictures the thumbnail is a preview of the picture. For others it is the generic picture icon. All of the pictures are in the same format, and taken from the same device. Size does not appear to be a factor. Tried...
  9. Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails'

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails': Hi, I have unchecked the option to 'show icons instead of thumbnails' (view>options>folder options) and I have checked 'show icons' (performance>advanced) but still I get icons instead of thumbnails. I have closed and restarted file explorer multiple times to no change. I...
  10. Thumbnails no longer displaying

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails no longer displaying: I'm not sure why the thumbnails for any file are no longer being displaying. I have not touched any of the settings. I have tried both solutions here multiple times and restarted. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/thumbn...howing-windows [img] 31121