Windows 10: windows software or hardware issue, idk

Discus and support windows software or hardware issue, idk in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I open any one of the application, they only are activated for a short time. They just close down and then I have to click on that app to activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dishany, Jul 3, 2020.

1. dishany Win User

windows software or hardware issue, idk

When I open any one of the application, they only are activated for a short time. They just close down and then I have to click on that app to activate it. I am not getting any error messages. I ran the troubleshooter, SFC scan as well as DISM scan. Nothing helps. Even for writing this message, I have to click on google 15-20 times. Please help me out.

:)

dishany, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

either a hardware issue or a software issue

Hi,

This issue can be caused by driver problems or software that is not compatible with Windows 10.

For us to better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Can you still boot your computer normally?
    • Have you made any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What do you mean by "it will begin to give me the error reference by pointer"?
      Can you tell us the exact error message?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we recommend following the solution provided on this
    article to resolve Blue Screen errors on Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Jul 3, 2020
  3. idk

Hi Solomon,

Bluetooth is still available in Windows 10. For us to narrow down your concern with Bluetooth, we would like to know the following:

• Are you unable to locate your Bluetooth? Have you tried checking it from your device manager?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue in Windows 10?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 3, 2020
  4. windows software or hardware issue, idk

Unable to open .IDK file format on Windows 10.

Hi Derek,

You may be facing the above issue due to the un-assigned program or application to open
    .IDK file format on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Do you have an application or program installed to open .IDK file format on the computer?
    • Do you get any error message/error code when you try to open .IDK file format?

Interface Development Kit Archive (IDK) files are
    Uncommon Files primarily associated with OS/2 Saved SKF Format File (IBM). If an application or program associated to open a file format is installed and set as default, on clicking/opening the same will open the file in the
    program assigned in the settings on the computer.

Right click on the .IDK file and hover the mouse pointer over at
    Open with and select a program or application from the context menu and check if you are able to access the file type.

If you are not, assign a program/application to open .IDK file format by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Scroll down the page and click on Choose default apps by file type from the window.
    • Locate .IDK file format, click on the program and select the application you want to view the file type from
      Choose an App window.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of not able to open .IDK file format on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

windows software or hardware issue, idk

1. windows software or hardware issue, idk - Similar Threads - software hardware issue

2. Is this a software issue or hardware issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a software issue or hardware issue?: Recently built a new PC. Installed Windows 10 and ran updates. Once it was fully updated, it seemed to run fine for a few minutes. After a few minutes, I could not open simple windows like Task Manager, Device Manager, Settings, and type in the Search Bar. I could not even...
  3. Is this a software issue or hardware issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this a software issue or hardware issue?: Recently built a new PC. Installed Windows 10 and ran updates. Once it was fully updated, it seemed to run fine for a few minutes. After a few minutes, I could not open simple windows like Task Manager, Device Manager, Settings, and type in the Search Bar. I could not even...
  4. Hardware Or software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware Or software: Hello guys I have an hcl laptop and it had been working fine until today . when I press some buttons on my laptop I don't know which buttons they are, it is random my laptop continuously beeps and I have to press num lk or ins for five seconds to make it stop . whenever it...
  5. Is this a software or hardware issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a software or hardware issue?: submitted by /u/VerbNoun123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwu5hq/is_this_a_software_or_hardware_issue/
  6. Software/Hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Software/Hardware: Good Day Can you help me please? I have a Lenovo all in one touchscreen 21inches which I purchased new some years ago it came with Windows 7 which immediately updated when I went on line. I have had some problems with the hardware which Lenovo put right. However in the...
  7. software/hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    software/hardware: my system is running a hp laptop on my new min desktop making it run hot system is a intel product help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/softwarehardware/e82fa7e0-aa77-4164-be6a-edf339026dab
  8. Windows Freezes Hardware or Software Issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Freezes Hardware or Software Issue?: After inserting a USB my laptop freezes, after some time. Forcing me to button restart it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-freezes-hardware-or-software-issue/59d6d3d3-5a08-47f4-a49c-a40f645ed6d9
  9. Hardware or Software Issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hardware or Software Issue?: I built a box for a friend of mine, used it for a week and shipped it to FL - specs below. The box arrived safely, with the exception of one SATA cable, which had come loose. OR - it wasn't properly seated by me. After a day or so of use, he tells me the machine is very slow...
  10. Multiple BSOD's - hardware or software issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD's - hardware or software issue?: Hi! Had some issues with my laptop in december and eventually handed it in to the store which I bought it from. They sent it along to a workshop who changed the motherboard. I just got the computer back earlier this week, but I'm experiencing similar issues, though not as...