Windows 10: Windows sometimes will not wake from sleep mode even when pressing the power button.

Discus and support Windows sometimes will not wake from sleep mode even when pressing the power button. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I built a desktop and installed windows 10 (pro, am currently on version 1903, build 18632.476) on it . From time to time when it would go to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Godlover9000, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Windows sometimes will not wake from sleep mode even when pressing the power button.

I built a desktop and installed windows 10 (pro, am currently on version 1903, build 18632.476) on it . From time to time when it would go to sleep mode I would try to wake it by pressing the flashing power button and it would do nothing (nor could I hard shutdown from the power button) but other times the power button does actually work. Does anyone know what could be causing this or of some way to make it stop happening without turning off sleep mode all together?

:)

Godlover9000, Nov 24, 2019
  2. cereberus Win User

Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

I do not have that tab but can still wake it by pressing any key.

cereberus, Nov 24, 2019
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 24, 2019
  4. ag1475 Win User

Windows sometimes will not wake from sleep mode even when pressing the power button.

Wake Computer from Sleep Mode - Windows 10

I have a brand new spin. windows 10. pressing the power button does not wake it from sleep mode. I have only been able to completely shut down and reboot. Any other suggestions?

THanks.

ag1475, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows sometimes will not wake from sleep mode even when pressing the power button.

1. Windows sometimes will not wake from sleep mode even when pressing the power button. - Similar Threads - sometimes wake sleep

2. Waking from sleep and sometimes even powering from shutdown causes audio to persistently...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Waking from sleep and sometimes even powering from shutdown causes audio to persistently...: I have reinstalled windows completely, updated bios and drivers, and the problem still persist. thought interesting enough, it begin to happen after the second sleep cycle. So now I am just at lost as to what app, driver or whatever is casing this....
  3. Waking from sleep and sometimes even powering from shutdown causes audio to persistently...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Waking from sleep and sometimes even powering from shutdown causes audio to persistently...: I have reinstalled windows completely, updated bios and drivers, and the problem still persist. thought interesting enough, it begin to happen after the second sleep cycle. So now I am just at lost as to what app, driver or whatever is casing this....
  4. Must press PC power button to wake from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Must press PC power button to wake from sleep.: My Dell Inspiron 3670 Windows 11 desktop has recently required pressing the power button to wake from sleep no matter how the sleep mode had been initiated. Power management at Device Manager for keyboard and mouse are checked to allow device to wake the computer.There have...
  5. Must press PC power button to wake from sleep.

Must press PC power button to wake from sleep.: My Dell Inspiron 3670 Windows 11 desktop has recently required pressing the power button to wake from sleep no matter how the sleep mode had been initiated. Power management at Device Manager for keyboard and mouse are checked to allow device to wake the computer.There have...
  6. Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode

Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode: Sometimes the computer will not wake up from sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time, but approximately one out of every five or six times it goes to sleep the only way I can wake it up is disconnecting it from power altoegher long pressing the power button doesn't even...
  7. PC waking from sleep because power button was pressed except it wasn't

in Windows 10 Support
    PC waking from sleep because power button was pressed except it wasn't: My PC sometimes wakes from sleep, sometimes seconds after being put to sleep without me doing anything. I got the following information from the PowerShell: Code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake...
  8. "Power Button" wakes PC from sleep...or does it?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Power Button" wakes PC from sleep...or does it?: I have this recurring problem: About 4 weeks ago my desktop PC would wake up immediately after i set it to sleep. powercfg -lastwake query in cmd prompt returned: Type: Fixed feature, Power Button I googled this problem and also searched here on the forums and some people...
  9. Wake from sleep only with power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake from sleep only with power button: Using a Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 latest update I want that it wakes up ONLY when I press the power button. Nothing else. Instead, it wakes up when plugging or unplugging the power cable, moving the mouse ever so slightly or pressing a button on the keyboard (both...
  10. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep: My system: Win 10 64 bit Retail, MSI B150M Mortar, Intel i5-6500, Samsung 512GB SSD, Corsair 2 x 4 GB Memory, etc. Although my keyboard and mouse are allowed to wake the PC from sleep (in Device Manager), they don't wake the PC. Interestingly, pressing the "Power Button"...