Windows 10: Windows Sonic For Heaphones and Dolby Atmos For Headphones NOT in use Even Though they are...

Discus and support Windows Sonic For Heaphones and Dolby Atmos For Headphones NOT in use Even Though they are... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; cSir someone has tampered my windows 10 PC's spatial sound coding feature... Since yesterday I am unable to upscale any Dolby digital; Dolby digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SrikarM P, Apr 27, 2020.

1. SrikarM P Win User

Windows Sonic For Heaphones and Dolby Atmos For Headphones NOT in use Even Though they are...

cSir someone has tampered my windows 10 PC's spatial sound coding feature... Since yesterday I am unable to upscale any Dolby digital; Dolby digital plus; Dolby true HD content into full Dolby atmos. Even though I have enabled Dolby atmos for headphones via the Dolby Access app, the thing it is decoding is only content created in Dolby Atmos. For example, when I play the given demo content in Dolby access app, I can see a message that "Dolby Atmos for headphones in use" and rest of the time when I play any normal 5.1 or 7.1 content outside of the Dolby access app, I can't see that message and the output is only stereo without any spatial sound rendering. When I download Dolby atmos or Dolby vision trailers or buy a Dolby cinema movie from Microsoft films and tv Store, in that case, Dolby atmos is actively decoding but in the rest of the times, I'm getting only stereo. Same problem with Dolby atmos for home theatre too... When I used HDMI 1.5 and connected my pc with Onkyo Dolby atmos AVR, I can apply Dolby Atmos for home theater option in spatial sounds tab in windows 10 similar to that of Dolby atmos for headphones that I applied but the input signal in the receiver is reading only as stereo when I play ac3, eac3 files. Again if I play a Dolby atmos 5.1.4 file, then the input signal is reading as Dolby atmos. What to do sir? Why the up scaler not working in my win 10 pc, in spatial sound settings? IMP this problem persists even with generic Microsoft audio drivers. Dolby access version 3.2.169.0

By the way TX-RZ920 Onkyo is my AV receiver. Now when I play a 5.1 or 7.1 movie and pass it through HDMI cable from my pc, it shows the incoming signal as “stereo” But when I played test tone file for 5.1.4 then it shows the incoming signal as ” Dolby atmos” But when I have played the same 5.1 or 7.1 movies on my pc, 1 week earlier it was been upscaled to full Dolby atmos 7.1.4 regardless of whether it is created in it or not and In my AV receiver it showed as “Dolby Atmos” as the incoming signal. Now that feature is lost. Even when I screencast my android phone to my pc, I used to get full Dolby atmos but now it is not. Also when I used apps like Microsoft connect; Microsoft edge legacy; Netflix ...immediately I have seen the message “Dolby Atmos For Headphones in Use” in the taskbar in the case of headphones but now it is not... Sir, I am sure that if we doesn’t get that message in the taskbar means we are getting the only stereo as output because I have seen in Dolby developer portal that Dolby access in windows 10 can decode Dolby atmos metadata as well as encode normal surround sound to 7.1.4 provided u need to give 5.1 or 7.1 files for it to do that and if you feed it with 2.1 or 2.0 it just sends it as it is without virtualization which is called as “direct to ears” feature it seems implemented by Dolby itself to support stereo files that are created for binaural headphone mix because atmos mix released in stereo binaural format should not be upscaled since they are not channel based loudspeaker mixes. So if we want to take advantage of channel-based Dolby atmos processing to most of our audio the only way is to play a Dolby atmos original files or provide it a 5.1 or 7.1 files...Since I liked the concept and understand also its limitations I used a secret trick to even take advantage of a 2.1 audio that is available still in most media providers. For example I enjoyed Dolby atmos out of my android phone just by screencasting it to my pc because the “connect” app in windows 10 is based on Mira cast principle and it encodes stereo to Dolby digital plus 5.1 before sending it. Similarly I enjoyed FM radio and youtube in full Dolby atmos by simply watching them in a media container that can encode stereo to basic 5.1. Apps like CyberLink power DVD pro can do that and from there the rest of the upscaling i.e from 5.1 to 7.1.4 is well handled by the Dolby access app. Now that the upscaling feature is lost. Sir most of my movie files are only limited in 5.1 and now its too frustrating to hear them in stereo. It was expected to be mixed to 7.1.4 but it is being downmixed to stereo by this windows 10 spatial sound. I am unable to locate the source of this malfunction. Whether my win 10 PC's spatial sound itself or this Dolby access app’s inbuilt mixer is inactive?
    Technical Details :

:)

SrikarM P, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Byu2 Win User

dolby atmos for headphones vs windows sonic

Thanks for your reply. as the pay of $15 is to windows store not publisher. The source you provided is programming parameters still not explain in detail difference windows sonic and dolby atom for headphone.

The dolby atom for earphone states it can turn any set of earphone into dolby atom experience, that means it convert existing audio source into dolby atom channels then output to earphones?

also, I searched all over the web cannot find any information from Microsoft about windows sonic and dolby atom for earphone.

3. dolby atmos for headphones vs windows sonic

Hi,

With regards to your concern about having to pay $15 for Dolby Atmos for Headphones, we suggest that you contact the publisher of the application as we have limited information about their product.

Secondly, to compare Windows Sonic/ Spatial Sound with Dolby Atmos for Headphones, click
    here. You'll be able to get the information or specifications about Spatial Sound and compare it with Dolby Atmos
    for Headphones.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Eugene deV, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Windows Sonic For Heaphones and Dolby Atmos For Headphones NOT in use Even Though they are...

Dolby Atmos

how can i use dolby atmos in my laptop?

I am not able to configure windows sonic for headphones to dolby atmos for headphones. Please help me.

PiyushSharma_99, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows Sonic For Heaphones and Dolby Atmos For Headphones NOT in use Even Though they are...

1. Windows Sonic For Heaphones and Dolby Atmos For Headphones NOT in use Even Though they are... - Similar Threads - Sonic Heaphones Dolby

2. Audio switches to Windows Sonic instead of Dolby Atmos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio switches to Windows Sonic instead of Dolby Atmos: Every time I boot up my pc my spatial sound switches from Dolby to Windows Sonic. Is there any way I can stop this from happening? submitted by /u/CSB12004 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lb5fbz/audio_switches_to_windows_sonic_instead_of_dolby/
  3. Dolby Atmos for Headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dolby Atmos for Headphones: I paid for the Dolby Atmos for headphones app,from the MS store, now it doesn't work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-atmos-for-headphones/1249cda4-1274-4325-9148-dfde7460340f
  4. Dolby Atmos for Headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby Atmos for Headphones: Hi, recently I have a problem I have my headsets is plantronic Rig 600 with dolby atmos technology, my PC is a Lenovo Cube C730, I have Dolby Access installed everything goes well, untill I update windows began to give a problem I cannot activate Dolby atmos for headphones,...
  5. Spatial sound windows sonic and dolby atmos for headphones/home theater settings are not...

Spatial sound windows sonic and dolby atmos for headphones/home theater settings are not...: cSir someone has tampered my windows 10 PC's spatial sound coding feature... Since yesterday I am unable to upscale any Dolby digital; Dolby digital plus; Dolby true HD content into full Dolby atmos. Even though I have enabled Dolby atmos for headphones via the Dolby Access...
  6. Dolby Atmos code for Headphones

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dolby Atmos code for Headphones: Hello, I was shipped a download code for Dolby Atmos for Headphones with a product I purchased and its already redeemed. I talked to Plantronics (the company bought from) and they told me that I should reach out to MS as, according to them, MS is the one that issues the...
  7. Dolby Atmos for Headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dolby Atmos for Headphones: I had an issue so did not get to use my trial. Anyway, it is on sale and I wanted to ask if it is a gimmick or if it is something that has made a real difference for anyone? I have Dolby Digital Plus and that really helps. They say to turn off all virtualization software such...
  8. Dolby Atmos for Headphones ne veut pas se telecharger (Translator: Dolby Atmos for...

Dolby Atmos for Headphones ne veut pas se telecharger (Translator: Dolby Atmos for...: Bonjour à tous, J'ai un soucis, ayant récement acheté le Plantronic RIG800HD avec Dolby access offert, j'ai pu activer et télécharger sans aucun problème. Mon problème est le suivant : Lorsque j'essaie à partir de Dolby Access de télécharger Dolby Atos for Headphones, il y...
  9. Dolby atmos for headphones - cant enable in options..

Dolby atmos for headphones - cant enable in options..: After latest insider update, and after reinstalling dolby atmos through store, i cant enable spatial audio option..iit only allows to select "none"..It worked before..Does anybody have same problem 84223
  10. Dolby Atmos for Headphones

Dolby Atmos for Headphones: Hello, I was excited for the Creator's Update in large part because of the addition of Dolby Atmos for headphones. However, after installing Dolby Access and the required additional content, I see that I will only have a 30-day trial. I was under the impression this was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows sonic for headphones should I enable