Windows 10: Windows sonic gives crackling static sound

Discus and support Windows sonic gives crackling static sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an Steelseries Arctis 7 which comes with the free dolby (DTS) option for spatial audio. If I turn spatial audio off or to DTS it works Normally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sharar_rs, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Windows sonic gives crackling static sound

I have an Steelseries Arctis 7 which comes with the free dolby (DTS) option for spatial audio. If I turn spatial audio off or to DTS it works Normally but as soon as i set it to windows sonic i only get continuous crackling static sound whether or not any thing is playing in the back. P.S - i prefer the windows sonic option that's why i an trying to get it fixed. I just did a clean install yesterday.

submitted by /u/sharar_rs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sharar_rs, Oct 11, 2020

2. Help! Acer laptop crackling sound with headphones

Hi,

The crackling sound from your device when using headphones can be due to either hardware or software related issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?
    • Have you tried using a different headphones? If yes, did you encounter the same issue?

As an initial step we suggest that you update your sound driver to eliminate any issues related to faulty or outdated drivers. To do this, you can follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to update your device drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Windows Sonic doesn't work in applications unless realtek is set to 7.1, which disables windows sonic.

Hi Dorklingshot,

I would like to know what device you were trying to work with Windows Sonic. If you're trying to set up Windows Sonic for Headphones, then follow these steps:

1. Connect your headphones to your computer.
    2. Once done, right-click on the Speaker icon on the system tray, and select
      Spatial sound. If you have a drop-down option, then select
      Windows Sonic for Headphones
      . If you don't, then proceed with the next step.
    3. On the Speaker Properties window, click the Spatial sound.
    4. Under Spatial sound format, click the drop-down arrow, and select Windows Sonic for Headphones.
    5. Tick the box for Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound.
    6. Click Apply, then OK.

Please update this thread with the result so I can assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Windows sonic gives crackling static sound

Lumia 720 receiver hears static crackling sounds

Hi,

When i call someone they claim they hear static, garbled crackling sounds.

I've tested it and yes it happens. On my end, everything is fine.

It is not consistent.

I just got my phone back from repair and it's still not fixed.

They replaced the speaker, back cover.

To re-iterate, i hear fine. Everything sounds perfect from my phone. It's the person receiving the call that hears the crackling. I don't think the repair guys were listening to me when i told them that. I said it 3 times.

Can anyone provide any advice?

I've tried different sim cards

I've soft reset and hard reset my phone.

mrfusion---01, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows sonic gives crackling static sound

1. Windows sonic gives crackling static sound - Similar Threads - sonic crackling static

2. Speakers giving crackling sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers giving crackling sound: I have a hp laptop with latest version of windows 11. Whenever I open a game and start playing it, in a matter of minutes the speakers start giving out a crackling sound. Then I open the hp support assistant and it fixes the audio issues by reseting the speaker drivers. But...
  3. Speakers giving crackling sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers giving crackling sound: I have a hp laptop with latest version of windows 11. Whenever I open a game and start playing it, in a matter of minutes the speakers start giving out a crackling sound. Then I open the hp support assistant and it fixes the audio issues by reseting the speaker drivers. But...
  4. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio static and crackling: So this is a weird one so i was on vacation for a week away from my PC which was working fine I took my headset with me and used it on my phone everything fine until I got back and plugged my headset back in my pc and now i hear static and audio crackling and my headset plays...
  5. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio static and crackling: So this is a weird one so i was on vacation for a week away from my PC which was working fine I took my headset with me and used it on my phone everything fine until I got back and plugged my headset back in my pc and now i hear static and audio crackling and my headset plays...
  6. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Crackling/Static like sound

Crackling/Static like sound: hi so i was using my laptop on windows 10 and i opened a tab to watch youtube and suddenly a random crackling sound happened whenever sound played from the video. and its not just youtube its all sites. it happens with both my headphones in and them out so its not my...
  8. The microphone in my laptop giving a crackling sound

The microphone in my laptop giving a crackling sound: The speakers of my dell laptop were working fine but suddenly it started to dive a crackling sound as attached below , can you just check weather its a software or hardware fault ,& the way i could fix it...
  9. Sonic Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sonic Spatial Sound: I recently got a new pair of headphones that are supposed to have 7.1 surround sound but it doesn't seem to work on my computer, I tried messing with the settings to get the sound I want from my headphones until I came across the SSS Sonic Spatial Sound but it doesn't seem to...
  10. Audio Static/Crackling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Static/Crackling: Over the past week I have been experiencing audio static and crackling. Sometimes quite severely and it hurts to hear. I have done so many things and it has not changed anything for more than a couple hours. When I tried to intall new drivers Windows would say I already had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 static spatial sound speakers on off