Windows 10: Windows Soptlight changing in settings - not visible in lockscreen

Discus and support Windows Soptlight changing in settings - not visible in lockscreen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows spotlight images are changing regularly and the change is visible in the settings please have a look at the attached image. However, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ARINDAMSAMANTA, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Windows Soptlight changing in settings - not visible in lockscreen

Windows spotlight images are changing regularly and the change is visible in the settings please have a look at the attached image. However, the changing of the spotlight images is not visible in the lockscreen please have a look at the attached image in the Thinkpad P53. It has an Nvidia graphics card along with inbuilt Intel graphics. I have tried to solve this by changing the default graphics as Nvidia as well as the Intel one. However, in both the cases, the results are the same.

Could you please let me know what happened in this case?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Windows Soptlight changing in settings - not visible in lockscreen 5f5c28cf-b7b9-4b2b-99c0-8335b076e462?upload=true.png

Windows Soptlight changing in settings - not visible in lockscreen acdfcc1f-7c17-4376-a6b5-0eb39535d83c?upload=true.png

:)

ARINDAMSAMANTA, Nov 23, 2020
  2. lokahe Win User

Windows Spotlight Lockscreen not visible

After the latest update to Windows 10 last night, windows spotlight picture is not visible. The description of the picture is there and the request asking if I "like what I see" or am "not a fan", but I just have a blue screen, no picture. I love this
    feature! How do I fix it?

I went to the Assets folder and there is a list of pictures there...

I've also seen several suggestions listed that mention making changes to the registry. However, I'm not that versed in computers and don't even know where to find HKLM! I don't know if I trust myself enough to make the change even if I could find it!
    But I'd try anything if you can give me basic instructions...

I WANT SPOTLIGHT BACK!!

Thanks!

lokahe, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Windows Lockscreen Photos

Subject: Windows Lockscreen Photos

I am running Windows 10 Professional version 1803.
    Normally I saw beautiful changing landscape photos on the screen when opening the notebook.
    About 3-4 weeks ago these stopped and I just have the standard fixed lockscreen now.
    I tried to change settings/personalization/lockscreen without solution.
    How to get the changing lockscreen photos back?

Suggestion appreciated,
    Jorgen Staal

JorgenStaal, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Windows Soptlight changing in settings - not visible in lockscreen

Lock screen settings won't change, no error message.

Thank you for the detailed response zdzdz, I'm glad it worked for you.

I tried the steps you listed and it didn't fix it for me. It did remove all my existing lockscreen images, so now I just have a black screen as the lockscreen. I can't even change this black lockscreen back to the picture slideshow now. Gaaahh Windows.

nzcanadian, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Soptlight changing in settings - not visible in lockscreen

1. Windows Soptlight changing in settings - not visible in lockscreen - Similar Threads - Soptlight changing settings

2. Windows 10 not changing lockscreen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 not changing lockscreen?: hello,I have been facing this weird issue with every laptop I sign in to that has Windows 10.basically, you do know how windows syncs the same wallpapers on your newly added devicewell, in my case, it was working fine until one day my lock screen got stuck on a default lock...
  3. Windows 10 not changing lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not changing lockscreen?: hello,I have been facing this weird issue with every laptop I sign in to that has Windows 10.basically, you do know how windows syncs the same wallpapers on your newly added devicewell, in my case, it was working fine until one day my lock screen got stuck on a default lock...
  4. Windows 10 not changing lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Window 10 Lockscreen not changing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window 10 Lockscreen not changing: I accidentally pressed my lockscreen to Window Spotlight once, and now everytime I opened my pc it shows the lockscreen to Window Spotlight's picture instead of picture I have selected....
  6. Window 10 Lockscreen not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Lockscreen not changing: I accidentally pressed my lockscreen to Window Spotlight once, and now everytime I opened my pc it shows the lockscreen to Window Spotlight's picture instead of picture I have selected....
  7. Window 10 Lockscreen not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. lockscreen settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lockscreen settings: after facory resseting my windows 10 computer, it seems as if windows spotlight has stopped working. now when i go on my lockscreen i go onto the main colour of the computer purple . it shows all of the time date and everything , it even shows the info that you get with the...
  9. Windows lockscreen background changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows lockscreen background changing: I have set a downloaded picture as lockscreen background of my laptop. It works most of the time but sometimes it shows one of the default pictures as lockscreen background. This happens occasionally and the change is not permanent. Once I login and then go back to...
  10. Lockscreen Refuses to Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen Refuses to Change: When I first installed Win 10, one of the first things I did was to set a new Lockscreen pic. I uses the lockscreen pic as the sign-in pic so I have that option ticked. A few days ago, though, I decided to change it, and it refuses to change. The sign-in is always the old...