Windows 10: Windows Sound after logging in?

Discus and support Windows Sound after logging in? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there supposed to be the sound after logging into my desktop like there was in 8.1? When I cold boot my computer, I log onto the desktop after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dburne, Jan 1, 2016.

1. dburne Win User

Windows Sound after logging in?

Is there supposed to be the sound after logging into my desktop like there was in 8.1?

When I cold boot my computer, I log onto the desktop after windows loads, and I never hear any kind of sound. However if I do I restart, I do hear the sound after a couple of moments. Only when I restart though, not from a boot up.
    In Windows 8.1 I heard it both when booting up and also when restarting.
    Just the initial Windows sound upon logging in is what I am referring to, all my regular sounds are fine.

Not a big deal, just a minor annoyance that is bugging me ?

Thanks for any tips,

:)

dburne, Jan 1, 2016

2. Windows 10 Startup Sound is not working when Notebook boots after a shut down

When I turned the Fast Startup Off by unchecking the option, I really found out the Windows
    Startup sound gets recognised when the computer is booted since before turning the Fast Startup off Windows Startup sound was only recognised when the computer is restarted.

However, when logging out and logging in back to Windows , I haven't heard any sound. I have tried scrolling down looking for program event of 'login' and 'logout', but I didn't find any.
    Should I hear any sound of logging out or logging in to Windows?

a cooperator, Jan 1, 2016
  3. dmg260 Win User
    Since upgrading to Windows 10 my sound keeps defaulting to "headphone"

Original Title: no sound

\

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my sound keeps defaulting to "headphone" even after changing it to "speakers" default in the settings area. It will work after I change it but as soon as I log out/shut down the system and reopen the laptop it defaults back
    to headphone mode and again no sounds.

dmg260, Jan 1, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Type "sounds" within the search box and bring up 'Change System Sounds.' There's a box where you can check "Play Windows Start Up Sound." I think it's defaulted to be turned off.

b1rd, Jan 1, 2016
  5. jds63 Win User
    Look here even though an older post, but do not think it does as i do not see it anymore in Sound in the Control Panel, i do not use it.
    Startup/Welcome Sound

jds63, Jan 1, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    Some say that still does not work, but maybe in newer builds now, i have not tried it myself.

jds63, Jan 1, 2016
  7. b1rd Win User
    I have not tried it myself either (and I really don't want to) so perhaps not. Personally, I like that it comes with no sounds. With XP I use to just delete the entire sounds folder, as I never used or wanted them.

b1rd, Jan 1, 2016
  8. dburne Win User

Yeah did not make a difference, again I get it upon a restart just not on a cold boot.

Like I mentioned no biggy really, I liked hearing the sound but am fine without it, just one of those things that was bugging me as to why.

Perhaps it will get addressed in a future update.

Thanks,

dburne, Jan 1, 2016
  9. jds63 Win User
    Your welcome, that thread was from August, but felt it might help and i do see differences in Windows sounds categories do not see a welcome one like in past operating systems. I do not use my speakers unless listening to something.

jds63, Jan 1, 2016
  10. Edwin New Member
    Here's a quote from MS on why they removed the Startup Sound:
    (I figure they carried it over into W10)

"We removed these sound events for performance reasons. We pay a lot of attention to how quickly the machine powers on, powers off, goes to sleep, resumes from sleep, etc. As part of speeding this up, we experiment a lot with what process is in control of the startup and shutdown sounds. In an interim build of Windows 8 while it was under development, we were able to speed things up considerably by moving the shutdown sound from Explorer.exe (which is running while you’re still logged on) to Logonui.exe (which is the process that shows the "Shutting down" circle.)
    However moving the shutdown sound this late started running into other problems. The code we use to play the sound (the PlaySound API) needs to read from the registry (to see what the preferences for this sound were) and from the disk (to read the .wav file), and we ran into issues where the sound was unable to play (or got cutoff halfway) because we had shut down the registry or the disk already! We could have spent time rewriting the API but we decided the safest and most performant thing to do was to eliminate the sound altogether."

Edwin, Jan 1, 2016
  11. jds63 Win User
    Reasons i did not see it on the list of sounds in Sound properties in Control Panel as i recalled in other OS's. What as fun then was changing it to another .wav file you wanted instead of the default then.

Reminds me a bit of the days many years ago using AOL, Welcome, You've Got Mail !

jds63, Jan 1, 2016
  12. Wasi Win User
    Oh this is why i have no startup or shutdown sound *Mad

Thema:

1. Windows Sound after logging in? - Similar Threads - Sound logging

2. No sound after logging on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound after logging on: Hi,My newly installed Win11 including all recent updates running on a Gigabyte B760M AORUS Elite AX board stops emitting sound from the speakers connected to the jacks of the on-board Realtek hardware. Startup sound works, and after logon, sound functionality is given for...
  3. No sound after logging on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound after logging on: Hi,My newly installed Win11 including all recent updates running on a Gigabyte B760M AORUS Elite AX board stops emitting sound from the speakers connected to the jacks of the on-board Realtek hardware. Startup sound works, and after logon, sound functionality is given for...
  4. Do You know how to get log off sounds back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do You know how to get log off sounds back?: I got the log on sounds but not the log off sounds do yall know how to get it backhttps://winaero.com/play-logon-sound-windows-10/ is log in sound...
  5. Do You know how to get log off sounds back?

Do You know how to get log off sounds back?: I got the log on sounds but not the log off sounds do yall know how to get it backhttps://winaero.com/play-logon-sound-windows-10/ is log in sound...
  6. Do You know how to get log off sounds back?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Win 10, every sound in windows creates log file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10, every sound in windows creates log file: Hello,I recently noticed that inside my C: /users/public folder are 1000-1500 strange log files.Found out that audiodg.exe keeps creating these files.These logs gets created every time there is some kind of sound. For example increase/decrease sound on toolbar or start video...
  8. Win 10, every sound in windows creates log file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10, every sound in windows creates log file: Hello,I recently noticed that inside my C: /users/public folder are 1000-1500 strange log files.Found out that audiodg.exe keeps creating these files.These logs gets created every time there is some kind of sound. For example increase/decrease sound on toolbar or start video...
  9. Win 10, every sound in windows creates log file

10. Log on AND log Off sounds..

Log on AND log Off sounds..: I cant seem to find the log on and log off sound options in the customize sound menu, tho I changed the and selected the play sounds on startup option, I have a windows 11 Inspiron, is the option there somewhere else if yes where??...