Windows 10: Windows Sound and System settings not working

Discus and support Windows Sound and System settings not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone! Last night my computer was working fine. I didn't download any new programs or make any changes whatsoever. However, this morning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoshRead1, Aug 7, 2018.

1. JoshRead1 Win User

Windows Sound and System settings not working

Hello Everyone!

Last night my computer was working fine. I didn't download any new programs or make any changes whatsoever.

However, this morning when trying to boot up my computer, it wouldn't turn on. It lights were lit indicating that it was on but the screen wouldn't turn on. I then held down the power button forcing a shut down.

After restarting my computer, there's a bunch of problems:

1. My sound doesn't work

Here's an image of what it looks like https://imgur.com/a/1mPKhIw

I've tried updating audio drivers and going into window services and manually starting windows audio but i get this error message https://imgur.com/a/1mPKhIw

2. Windows system settings won't open when i quick search them.

This is what it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/1mPKhIw

Other things i search like applications and folders open fine. Only these windows system settings suggestions won't open.

3. Steam is telling my my drive has problems.

I don't have an image for this one but essentially when I booted my computer i got a message from Steam telling me that my drive that has my games installed was a read only drive and that would cause problems.

If there's anyone that has any clue what's going on or how I can fix this, i would be very grateful!

Cheers!

:)

JoshRead1, Aug 7, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Windows Sound and System settings not working :p

cadaveca, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Windows Sound and System settings not working

Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows Sound and System settings not working

1. Windows Sound and System settings not working - Similar Threads - Sound System settings

2. System sounds not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sounds not working: Sort of two problems. First the system sounds will not play at all e.g. - clicking, opening stuff ect. Second I previously had Windows 7 and used the "Calligraphy" theme. I really liked these sound effects however there is no way to add them with Windows 11. Have these theme...
  3. System sounds not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System sounds not working: Sort of two problems. First the system sounds will not play at all e.g. - clicking, opening stuff ect. Second I previously had Windows 7 and used the "Calligraphy" theme. I really liked these sound effects however there is no way to add them with Windows 11. Have these theme...
  4. Sound System Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound System Not Working: I have no sound on my Windows 10 computer. I even bought a USB sound card, but nothing. The devices appear in device manager and with no errors. I tried everything on the web, but nothing. My PC is Lenovo ThinkPad L480 workstation and it's very frustrating that my sound is...
  5. Advanced system sound settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced system sound settings: Are there any ways to configure the Open/Close Program Sound further, into foreground/background programs only/both? I would like the sound to be played whenever I run/close a Program, but not every time a Background Process starts/ends. It causes nuisance more annoying than...
  6. Windows System Sounds Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows System Sounds Not Working: Hello I'm having a strange issue on my Windows 10 desktop. All sounds are working fine (Music etc.), EXCEPT the System Sounds (recycle bin delete noise, Windows startup sound, etc). I can watch Youtube, listen to music, do voice chat, etc and all that fine there, but cannot...
  7. Windows system sounds are not working.

Windows system sounds are not working.: I've been using windows 10 for about 3 years now, but I never had this problem. Today, everything was working fine, but then all of a sudden, system sounds stopped working. I still have the sound scheme set to "Windows Default" and I can preview the sounds in the page that I...
  8. Windows 10 system - sound settings

Windows 10 system - sound settings: Notification sound setting resets to 100 everytime I get a notification. If I reset it to a lower number, it will stay at that number until a new notification....
  9. Windows System Sounds Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows System Sounds Not Working: Hello I'm having a strange issue on my Windows 10 desktop. All sounds are working fine (Music etc.), EXCEPT the System Sounds (recycle bin delete noise, Windows startup sound, etc). I can watch Youtube, listen to music, do voice chat, etc and all that fine there, but cannot...
  10. System Sounds not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Sounds not working?: Hi all - having a strange issue on my Win10 Pro 64-bit desktop. All sound is working fine, EXCEPT the System Sounds (recycle bin delete noise, Windows startup sound, etc). I can watch Youtube, listen to music, do voice chat, etc and all is fine there, but cannot hear any of...