Windows 10: Windows Sound Device Issues

Discus and support Windows Sound Device Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI All, im having a sound device issue. Everything was working fine. Then one days all my sound device where gone. Even those for my hdmi port Asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ridingmac, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Ridingmac Win User

Windows Sound Device Issues

HI All, im having a sound device issue. Everything was working fine. Then one days all my sound device where gone. Even those for my hdmi port Asus F555L Laptop. I eventually found them in Device manager under System Devices instead of Sound, Video and game controller. I uninstalled all of em and reinstalled em all. worked fine for about a day and then everything went back to system settings. This started after the latest windows update.

Furthermore my Realtek sound card is nowhere to be found. I can even uninstall its drivers because its not on the list. When i reinstall the realtek drivers i regain my sound card for about a day untill it disapears again. I did a complete format and reinstall and once updates where done my issue came back.

I tried installing a linux distro just to give it a try and never had that issue so i can confirm it not beeing hardware related.

:)

Ridingmac, Jan 27, 2020

2. Sound issue swith Windows 10

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing sound issue with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 27, 2020
  3. After installing Windows 10 sound driver is not available in Device Manager and issues with sound.

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if sound driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "there is nothing in the device manager for sound gone", is the sound driver available in the Device Manager driver list?
    • Are you getting any error message on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on issue with sound on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Windows Sound Device Issues

Sound issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter:

• Type “Troubleshoot” without quotes in search and click on
      Troubleshooting in the results displayed on the left side of the screen.
    • In the new window, click Hardware and Sound.
    • In the list of options, click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • If troubleshooter doesn't fix issue uninstall and reinstall latest drivers from device manufacturer and check if the issue persist.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted if you face any issues related to Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows Sound Device Issues

1. Windows Sound Device Issues - Similar Threads - Sound Device Issues

2. Sound Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Devices: Im having an issue where my new headset Steelseries Artis Prime only plays audio only when the "Speakers/Heaphones" device under realtek audio is selected. When i click on the steelseries gaming line the audio does not work.Thanks...
  3. Sound issues windows loses output device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound issues windows loses output device: I have this problem on both my desktops at home and we're running into this issue on a laptop at work as well. At home, I have two computers that have a monitor hooked up to them that have speakers. For some reason windows loses the speakers as an output device. This can...
  4. Windows Sound Issue

Windows Sound Issue: Hi, I have a following issue. I had some problems with one CAE software so I wanted to test it in Safe Mode. Unfortunately, I missclicked and started Startup Repair. After this procedure, the sound was not working. Windows say: "No Audio Output Device is Installed". I tried...
  5. Default Sound Device Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Sound Device Issue: I have Windows 10 and I use a USB sound device - the GOXLR Mini. This gives me a few different sound devices so I can assign different apps to play on different devices and control the volume independently with physical volume sliders. The problem I am having is that when I...
  6. Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!!

Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!!: I use a Dell Alienware 17 laptop which had Realtek audio driver. For some reason I couldn't use the voice chat in Fortnite (the game). So I was trying to uninstall the realtek drivers to reinstall them again. In Device manager I accidentally clicked "unintstall device"...
  7. Sound Device/Driver Issue

Sound Device/Driver Issue: I use a Dell Alienware 17 laptop which had Realtek audio driver. For some reason I couldn't use the voice chat in Fortnite (the game). So I was trying to uninstall the realtek drivers to reinstall them again. In Device manager I accidentally clicked "unintstall device"...
  8. HP devices with the 'No sound after update' issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP devices with the 'No sound after update' issue: Are there people that still receive this issue after that they go to Built 1803? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-devices-with-the-no-sound-after-update-issue/a9f4993e-24f1-48ac-ad6c-019596eb955f
  9. sound device

sound device: Cannot detect a sound device ie: speakers, how, ever head phones work. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sound-device/2fa2232d-63d1-4fde-9624-0961d4927c3c
  10. Sound Device

Sound Device: Please help All new pc parts : Motherboard : Asus prime H310M-A CPU : Intel i5 8400 RAM : G.Skill ( xmp to 2400mhz) PSU : cooler master 450w masterwatt except HDD : Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB SATA 6Gb/s Scanned with no bad sectors or errors All drivers up to date...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installing sound card windows 10 issues with sound card