Windows 10: Windows sound drivers

Discus and support Windows sound drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Im new to the pc world and I accidentally deleted ALL my drivers usijg the amd driver clean up and when i did, i lost my sound of course but i did a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cjkelley1, Nov 23, 2020.

1. cjkelley1 Win User

Windows sound drivers

Im new to the pc world and I accidentally deleted ALL my drivers usijg the amd driver clean up and when i did, i lost my sound of course but i did a restore and after i got it back, i still had no sound, so i was finally able to get the red x off of my sound icon but the conputer still wont play sound through my headset or speakers even tho it shows they are there. Also in device manager everything says its up to date and in the dirext x manager , it says there was no problems found with my audio, help?

:)

cjkelley1, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 24, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Windows sound drivers

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows sound drivers

1. Windows sound drivers - Similar Threads - sound drivers

2. Audio Driver installed but no sound output/input - No audio device found - Lenovo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Driver installed but no sound output/input - No audio device found - Lenovo: My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen using Window 10. The original audio driver is IntelR Display Audio with device status: "This device is working properly" in properties. However, there is "no output/input device found" in the sound settings and the headphone jack...
  3. Audio Driver installed but no sound output/input - No audio device found - Lenovo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Driver installed but no sound output/input - No audio device found - Lenovo: My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen using Window 10. The original audio driver is IntelR Display Audio with device status: "This device is working properly" in properties. However, there is "no output/input device found" in the sound settings and the headphone jack...
  4. Audio Driver installed but no sound output/input - No audio device found - Lenovo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. sound driver non existent after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound driver non existent after windows 11 update: hi there, my machine was recently updated to windows 11. the sound was working prior to the update, however, after the update, i noticed there is no driver whatsoever, even after the multiple installations of other drivers. i've downloaded the hp support assistant to identify...
  6. sound driver non existent after windows 11 update

sound driver non existent after windows 11 update: hi there, my machine was recently updated to windows 11. the sound was working prior to the update, however, after the update, i noticed there is no driver whatsoever, even after the multiple installations of other drivers. i've downloaded the hp support assistant to identify...
  7. Sound Driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Driver issue: Sometimes my sound driver gets an error and I need to restart my pc to fix that issue. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-driver-issue/7fa33b86-24a7-415e-bf33-3d6c39f4753c
  8. Sound Driver issue

Sound Driver issue: Sometimes my sound driver gets an error and I need to restart my pc to fix that issue. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-driver-issue/7fa33b86-24a7-415e-bf33-3d6c39f4753c
  9. Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !: After updating the latest update 23H2 in windows 11 my audio I/O drivers not working. It shows "no audio device found". I tried to update the latest drivers from the manufacture website but it also not working . The driver works only once when I installed and restart the...
  10. Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !

Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !: After updating the latest update 23H2 in windows 11 my audio I/O drivers not working. It shows "no audio device found". I tried to update the latest drivers from the manufacture website but it also not working . The driver works only once when I installed and restart the...