Windows 10: Windows sound glitch when resuming or pausing audio.

Discus and support Windows sound glitch when resuming or pausing audio. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Summary of the problem: Audio glitch/artifacts when stopping or resuming audio. Tried many sollutions to fix the problem. Problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kevin437, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Kevin437 Win User

Windows sound glitch when resuming or pausing audio.

Hello,

Summary of the problem:

Audio glitch/artifacts when stopping or resuming audio.

Tried many sollutions to fix the problem.

Problem persists with multiple drivers/devices/headphones.

Problem persists after complete fresh windows installation.

Problem started randomly without any previous issues.

Explanation:

Im experiencing an issue with windows. Let me start with the problem. Since about 5 days ive been experiencing issues with windows the windows sound. When i play a youtube video or when using ableton or any other program that uses audio, i get this really loud clicking sound when i start or stop audio/video. It is just a really hard click. This problem is especially noticable when in ableton DAW and hearing a single instrument with a delay. Its like the sound cuts out and pops back in but it sounds like a pop/click. At first i thought it was an issue with my audio interface focusrite clarett pre, but the problem also exists when i use a headphone inside my motherboards audio output i used different headphones to test, or via my hdmi out.

Ive been searching online for many sollutions, ive tried all the sollutions microsoft suggested in this article

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4520288/windows-10-fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

i have also tried to check my dpc latency, different drivers, cpu usage, stable cpu frequencies, bitrates, samplerates, quality, soundeffects, bus powering, cpu power usage, ram frequencies etc. I went as far as to do a clean windows install, bios changes for optimal performance etc. Nothing fixes this issue!

At a certain point i thought it might have been a ground loop issue, so i even bought stuff to eliminate this problem with no succes. Im really frustrated at the moment because nothing seems to fix my problem. I hope that anyone has a sollution because this is driving me crazy! the weird thing is, about 6 days ago, there were absolutely no issues whatsoever with my entire system. It had just arisen from one minute till the next.

My pc is fairly new about 3 months.

specs:

cpu - 10600k

gpu - rtx 2060

mobo - z490m-plus

psu - Coolermaster 650gold

ram - corsair 16gb 2 dims 3200 DDR4

Storage - Samsung m.2 ssd.

System has no issues other than this, no booting issues, bios issues etc. system runs stable and has no tinkering done to it besides some power/performance settings to make sure the cpu wasnt cutting out the audio glitches.

Please does anyone have a sollution??

Thanks,

Kevin.

:)

Kevin437, Oct 17, 2020
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Pause and resume audio files

The media player you use to play the lectures likely has a keyboard shortcut to pause the playback. For example: In Windows Media Player you can press CTRL+P to pause and resume playback.

These keyboard shortcuts only work if the audio file is on your hard drive. If the audio streams from the internet and the web page doesn't provide a control to pause the playback, there's nothing you can do to force it.

BulldogXX, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Pause and resume audio files

How can I pause and resume audio files by pressing a key on the keyboard in Windows 10?

I wish to transcribe lectures and interviews available on the Internet in MP3 format using my desktop PC. After a few seconds of play I would like to be able to press a key such as Pause/Break, type what I have heard, then press the same key again to resume
    play; then repeat every few seconds until the entire file has played.

Richard Herman, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Windows sound glitch when resuming or pausing audio.

Pause and resume audio files

Hello BulldogXX,

Excellent! I use Win Media Player and your method works just fine. Many thanks!

Regards,

Richard

Richard Herman, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows sound glitch when resuming or pausing audio.

1. Windows sound glitch when resuming or pausing audio. - Similar Threads - sound glitch resuming

2. why is this audio and video pause and resume automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is this audio and video pause and resume automatically?: when i start playing audio and video,then audio and video starts automatically pause and resume.it happens in windows media player ,vlc,youtube,facebook, everywhere.i try to solve this by troubleshooting but that was not usefull.my laptop drivers,and software are updated....
  3. why is this audio and video pause and resume automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is this audio and video pause and resume automatically?: when i start playing audio and video,then audio and video starts automatically pause and resume.it happens in windows media player ,vlc,youtube,facebook, everywhere.i try to solve this by troubleshooting but that was not usefull.my laptop drivers,and software are updated....
  4. why is this audio and video pause and resume automatically?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Video Pausing / Resuming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Pausing / Resuming: I am having an issue in my pc that when ever i try to see and video from youtube or any other site its gets in loop of pausing and resuming the video like someone has presses the pausing and resuming button...
  6. Paused audio will resume on laptop speaker when bluetooth speakers disconnect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Paused audio will resume on laptop speaker when bluetooth speakers disconnect: I'm not able to find information about this 'issue'. So this is what's happening; i listen to music either with Groove, Spotifiy or watching videos / music off youtube on my bluetooth speaker connected on my laptop. I pause the music, after a while my bluetooth speaker turn...
  7. Windows audio glitch when stopping or resuming audio/video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows audio glitch when stopping or resuming audio/video: Hello, Im new here, so nice to meet you^^. Im experiencing an issue with my pc for about the last 5 days. In these days ive been working on this issue all of my spare time and i cant seem to fix it. Im no expert on windows or pc's in general, but i know how to troubleshoot...
  8. Windows audio glitch when stopping or resuming audio/video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows audio glitch when stopping or resuming audio/video: Hello, Summary of the problem: Audio glitch/artifacts when stopping or resuming audio. Tried many sollutions to fix the problem. Problem persists with multiple drivers/devices/headphones. Problem persists after complete fresh windows installation. Problem started...
  9. Paused videos and audio resume on their own

in Browsers and Email
    Paused videos and audio resume on their own: Hello, All paused media restart on their own after about 30 seconds whether the page is up or minimized. This happens on Edge and Chrome but not Mozilla. It also happens on paused videos as well as audio streams like Spotify. I have to close the tabs or navigate away to get...
  10. Paused videos and audio resume on their own

in Browsers and Email
    Paused videos and audio resume on their own: Hello, Windows 10 Home vers. 2004 / OS Build 19041.450 New to the forums, first post, so I hope you will excuse me if I'm not posting correctly. Please let me know! I tried to find my issue already discussed but no luck so far. All paused media restart on their own after...