Windows 10: Windows Sound options in the Taskbar

Discus and support Windows Sound options in the Taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hi guys, i've recently reinstalled win10 pro on my computer and i miss a certain option. The little speaker symbol in my taskbar isn't missing but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PutPineappleOnPizza, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Windows Sound options in the Taskbar

hi guys,

i've recently reinstalled win10 pro on my computer and i miss a certain option. The little speaker symbol in my taskbar isn't missing but what i can not find is the simple "sounds" option when right clicking on that speaker symbol where you can see all your devices.

According to some posts this is a new windows 10 "feature" but i have the newest version of windows on my laptop too and there i have this option available.

I have updated my real tek drivers. One weird thing is, that win10 also doesn't remember my selected default audio device and always reverts the settings to some nvidia audio service and whatnot (which i dont use and dont need).

Thanks in advance if anyone knows how to fix that.

submitted by /u/PutPineappleOnPizza
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PutPineappleOnPizza, Jan 14, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Windows Sound options in the Taskbar :p

cadaveca, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Windows Sound options in the Taskbar

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows Sound options in the Taskbar

1. Windows Sound options in the Taskbar - Similar Threads - Sound options Taskbar

2. Output Devices do not appear in Sound Options on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Output Devices do not appear in Sound Options on Taskbar: after pressing on the Speaker Icon on the taskbar and "Select a sound output" this empty list appears.I set up Windows on a new drive some days ago, and i am not sure if the output devices ever were shown after the setup.They do show up in the settings....
  3. Output Devices do not appear in Sound Options on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Output Devices do not appear in Sound Options on Taskbar: after pressing on the Speaker Icon on the taskbar and "Select a sound output" this empty list appears.I set up Windows on a new drive some days ago, and i am not sure if the output devices ever were shown after the setup.They do show up in the settings....
  4. Taskbar Search Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Search Options: The search button in my taskbar has suddenly stopped searching the web in addition to the results from my computer. When I click on "more" or "search settings" there is no option to search the web anymore. Any ideas how to fix?...
  5. Taskbar Search Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Search Options: The search button in my taskbar has suddenly stopped searching the web in addition to the results from my computer. When I click on "more" or "search settings" there is no option to search the web anymore. Any ideas how to fix?...
  6. sound options

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound options: must you choose either internal audio or headphone jack output.prior upgrades allowed either with auto switching to headphones when the plug was installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-options/19c53a56-6bde-4bb0-9445-3398f817e75e
  7. Sound options in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound options in windows 10: I am running windows 10 version 1909 on a desktop tower pc within which Ive just fitted a wireless and Bluetooth card. Both aspects of the card are working. I am trying to play back the pc audio via Bluetooth to a micro music system. I am using iTunes for music storage and...
  8. Taskbar application options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar application options: Using Windows 10 I've always enjoyed using the taskbar for all of my applications rather than the desktop as it provides a clean surface for all my programs and I kind of have computer organization ocd. However, since all my programs are in the taskbar I can't access...
  9. Sound Control Panel missing from Sounds option in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Control Panel missing from Sounds option in the taskbar: I reinstalled my windows 10, but ever since then the there is no longer a Sound Control Panel whenever I right click the sound option in the taskbar, I have to go to Control Panel everytime How do I get it back? This is what I'm getting currently [ATTACH] But this is...
  10. Sound not in taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not in taskbar: There used to be a sound option in my taskbar like everyone remembers, but I had recently installed X-Split and that is the last time I remember seeing it there. [img] I have been on the forums and Google looking for answers but everything I find tells me to go to the...