Windows 10: Windows sound problem after disconnecting HDMI

Discus and support Windows sound problem after disconnecting HDMI in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So today I connected my laptop to the tv using HDMI and d was fine. Then when I unplugged the HDMI cable from my laptop...the sound of my laptop has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by M. Siddiqui, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Windows sound problem after disconnecting HDMI

So today I connected my laptop to the tv using HDMI and d was fine. Then when I unplugged the HDMI cable from my laptop...the sound of my laptop has suddenly gone very low. No its s showing on the sound bar and and inthe B&O speakers tab as full volume but the sound is definitely not full. ts very faint. I even updateed and restatred my windows after that but same problem. Please help me out.

:)

M. Siddiqui, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Aug 8, 2019
  3. no sound through hdmi to tv

Hi,

The HDMI might not be set as default. To set this as default please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Sound.
    • Select Change system sounds.
    • Click Playback.
    • Then select the device.
    • At the bottom, click Set Default.
    • Click Apply and OK.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, try changing a different HDMI cable.

Keep us updated with the result.

Robert Caw, Aug 8, 2019
  4. kevfas Win User

Windows sound problem after disconnecting HDMI

no sound through hdmi to tv

this doesn't work there are no devices showing only the speakers there are none hidden or disabled

kevfas, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows sound problem after disconnecting HDMI

1. Windows sound problem after disconnecting HDMI - Similar Threads - sound problem disconnecting

2. Display recovery HDMI problem after disconnecting monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display recovery HDMI problem after disconnecting monitor.: When I switch off the monitor on HDMI input and I try to switch it on again, it stays black even if the computer is running. It doesn't respond to the keyboard or mouse and won't recover. I have to use a hard restart. I need to switch monitors because I'm using multiple...
  3. Display recovery HDMI problem after disconnecting monitor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display recovery HDMI problem after disconnecting monitor.: When I switch off the monitor on HDMI input and I try to switch it on again, it stays black even if the computer is running. It doesn't respond to the keyboard or mouse and won't recover. I have to use a hard restart. I need to switch monitors because I'm using multiple...
  4. Display recovery HDMI problem after disconnecting monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hdmi Disconnects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hdmi Disconnects: I installed Windows 10 Atlas os on my pc it ran smoothly for some time but now my hdmi disconnects after several minutes of start and then when i restart it doesn't recognize any hdmi cable. I used three different cables but still not working.Instead of showing no signal...
  6. Hdmi Disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hdmi Disconnects: I installed Windows 10 Atlas os on my pc it ran smoothly for some time but now my hdmi disconnects after several minutes of start and then when i restart it doesn't recognize any hdmi cable. I used three different cables but still not working.Instead of showing no signal...
  7. Hdmi Disconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. HDMI to TV - sound problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI to TV - sound problem: Using the HDMI port I connected my laptop to my TV set to watch a sports event. The sound still came from the laptop rather than through the TV, whereas previously it did come through the TV speakers. What is happened and how is it fixed, please?...
  9. Sound Problems with HDMI and DisplayPort

Sound Problems with HDMI and DisplayPort: Dear Windows Community, I have encountered a strange problem: A few days ago I built a new PC with Windows 10 which is now connected to three displays 2x DisplayPort and 1x HDMI. One of these displays has speakers connected via DisplayPort, another doesn't have internal...
  10. windows 10 sound problem through hdmi

windows 10 sound problem through hdmi: i have recently got a new motherboard and cpu and ram, and installed them without formatting, the desktop is working fine on the old OS installed on other hardware, but i problem persists, there is a conflict in audio which is preventing sound on windows, on youtube etc, and...