Windows 10: Windows sound settings update - option to boost microphone removed?

Discus and support Windows sound settings update - option to boost microphone removed? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have noticed after the recent updates that The dialogue box for sound settings is changed, specifically 'Device Properties' Under the microphone.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by qaaya, Dec 23, 2018.

1. qaaya Win User

Windows sound settings update - option to boost microphone removed?

I have noticed after the recent updates that The dialogue box for sound settings is changed, specifically 'Device Properties' Under the microphone. Previously with 3.5mm jack/built-in microphones there was the option to boost the microphone by I think up to 30 dB in increments of time which I found helped lots with sensitivity for my voice dictation software. Can I presume that this option has been removed from Windows and if so can I ask why?

:)

qaaya, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Floob Win User

Microphone boost option not showing in Windows 10 sound options

I unplugged the snowball and plugged the other mic in the back, it still shows the levels option when I do that

Here is the Snowball ICE settings

Windows sound settings update - option to boost microphone removed? [​IMG]

Here is the standard Mic

and here is the driver

Floob, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Floob Win User
    Microphone boost option not showing in Windows 10 sound options

I just tried a cheap $10.00 microphone here:
    Mibia M001 The #1 Rated Deluxe Wireless Microphone System, Lavalier Can be Used on all Phones, Karaoke, YouTube, Studio; Computers; Lapel Dynamic Mic Noise Cancelling Microphone: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments

and it shows the boost option!

I'm a bit confused why that one will give me the boost option, but the Snowball ICE product wont

Is it because the Snowball is USB and the other is using a 3.5mm jack?
    Or is it because the drivers used for the different products are different, and the Snowball just isnt allowing the boost?

Floob, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Windows sound settings update - option to boost microphone removed?

No "Microphone Boost" option in Windows 10

Hello. As the title suggests, I am missing the "microphone boost" option on Windows 10.

I had it previously with my SB Audigy sound card but after I made a switch to the X-fi Titanium, it has vanished. (All drivers are up to date).

Confused by this, I switched back to the SB Audigy because I need the microphone boost option but now it is gone with the SB Audigy, with the drivers for it all up to date.

I record videos and the microphone boost option disabled the hiss noise in the background of them but now with it gone the hissing is back and I can't record. I have the +20dB Boost option but if that is checked then the hissing noise is in the videos.

Question is, can anyone help me get my microphone boost option back?

GandalfWolf, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows sound settings update - option to boost microphone removed?

1. Windows sound settings update - option to boost microphone removed? - Similar Threads - sound settings update

2. The built in microphone sounds like a BASS BOOSTED ROBOT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The built in microphone sounds like a BASS BOOSTED ROBOT: My laptop's mic sounds like a robot. I need help fixing it as this laptop is quite new. This the mic's name - Intel® Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones. Model Name: SF514-55TA...
  3. Microphone boost

Microphone boost: I bought a new laptop yesterday and im unable to adjust the microphone boost on an external mic, but its not that it doesn't support mic boost because i have adjusted it on a different laptop, but im unable to on this specific one. and i've already tried disabling allow...
  4. Microphone boost option missing

Microphone boost option missing: Hi Recently i started having this problem with my Bluetooth headphones. I use ms teams for my calls & whenever i connect my Bluetooth headphones it gets connected & i am able to hear everyone..but my voice is not reaching them...they cant hear me. I did troubleshooting &...
  5. Microphone Sound Boost Option Not There

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Sound Boost Option Not There: I recently ordered two sets of headphones for my wife and I. The headphones did not work at first, but I figured out her pc just needed me to use the boost microphone option in addition to bringing up the volume to 100. However, my newer pc does not have the boost option and...
  6. Does anyone know how to get the Microphone Boost option in the level settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to get the Microphone Boost option in the level settings?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/dr8oviivcle51.png?width=404&format=png&auto=webp&s=349cd2a0f5ce4a90f37ff55d964a9993b05898b8 submitted by /u/rocque00 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2c3ln/does_anyone_know_how_to_get_the_microphone_boost/
  7. Microphone boost

Microphone boost: Hello, I would like to know any way possible to increase the volume of my microphone for general purposes of voice communication. I mainly use Discord, Teamspeak and Microsoft Teams. As you can see in the screenshots below, the micrphone level is at the maximum and there...
  8. Microphone Boost

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Boost: alright so i'm seeing for some people that their mic boost can go up to 30-40db, but mine is capped at 10db (apparently its the max) I was wondering if I could somehow remove that cap, maybe I can't do it at all, but I'm using realteks audio drivers and I've already tried...
  9. No "Microphone Boost" option in Windows 10

No "Microphone Boost" option in Windows 10: Hello. As the title suggests, I am missing the "microphone boost" option on Windows 10. I had it previously with my SB Audigy sound card but after I made a switch to the X-fi Titanium, it has vanished. (All drivers are up to date). Confused by this, I switched back to...
  10. Microphone boost option not showing in Windows 10 sound options

Microphone boost option not showing in Windows 10 sound options: I am using the on-board sound from my GigaByte GA-Z97X-UD3H (rev. 1.0) motherboard GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-Z97X-UD3H (rev. 1.0) and in the Windows 10 (same issue in Win7) control panel I dont get the "Microphone Boost" option shown here: [img] I...