Windows 10: Windows + Spacebar working to change input language, but not the 半角/全角 button in English...

Discus and support Windows + Spacebar working to change input language, but not the 半角/全角 button in English... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have everything set up properly but one big problem is the keyboard 半角/全角 button doesn't change the language even though I have set the English US... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Glen Rowell, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Windows + Spacebar working to change input language, but not the 半角/全角 button in English...

I have everything set up properly but one big problem is the keyboard 半角/全角 button doesn't change the language even though I have set the English US language setting to use a Japanese keyboard. Nothing happens at all when I press the 半角/全角 button in English mode.

Windows + Spacebar working to change input language, but not the 半角/全角 button in English... 21a0bfba-1a4e-4988-83c4-ca09537691ef?upload=true.jpg

Windows + Spacebar working to change input language, but not the 半角/全角 button in English... 5953cf3c-abfb-470b-95e6-3476bddc119e?upload=true.jpg

I'm using a Microsoft Natural 4000 keyboard. There should be a way to set the English keyboard to Microsoft IME in the English (United States) keyboard options too. The keyboard should change the language input method when this 半角/全角 button is pressed (for example from Hiragana to Romaji). I have to use the Windows button + the spacebar in the meantime or select the language from the toolbar, but it would be great to get a fix for this input selection problem. Can you please fix this button option? This problem is on every Windows 10 Japanese PC I have used, even in the electronic shops. Why has the 半角/全角 button's function been completly disabled from the Japanese keyboard in English (United States) mode? Even a remapping option would fix this. I want to set 半角/全角 as Windows + Space just when using the English input mode.

:)

Glen Rowell, Jul 3, 2019

2. Windows + Spacebar working to change input language, but not the 半角/全角 button in Japanese keyboard mode.

I have everything set up properly but one big problem is the keyboard 半角/全角 button doesn't change the language even though I have set the English US language setting to use a Japanese keyboard.

I'm using a Microsoft Natural 4000 keyboard. There should be a Microsoft IME setting in the English (United States) keyboard options. The keyboard should change the language input method when this 半角/全角 button is pressed (for example from Hiragana to Romaji).
    I have to use the Windows button + the spacebar in the meantime or select the language from the toolbar, but it would be great to fix this input selection problem. Can you please fix this button option? This problem is on every Windows 10 Japanese PC I have
    used, even in the electronic shops.

Windows + Spacebar working to change input language, but not the 半角/全角 button in English... 0de0c053-3685-4de5-84ec-d91bc72d1cd6.jpg

Windows + Spacebar working to change input language, but not the 半角/全角 button in English... 94ba4557-d037-43bb-bb82-79f46bae3900.jpg

Glen Rowell, Jul 3, 2019
  3. English US keeps appearing as an input language occasionally.

Hi Mosher,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

From the issue description, it looks like you have English Input downloaded and installed in the system. I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove the English input language and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Type language in the control panel search box and open it.

4. If English is listed, double click on it and click "remove" under "input method".

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Windows + Spacebar working to change input language, but not the 半角/全角 button in English...

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows + Spacebar working to change input language, but not the 半角/全角 button in English...

1. Windows + Spacebar working to change input language, but not the 半角/全角 button in English... - Similar Threads - Spacebar working change

2. Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently: Hi there,I used to do it in the past: When I was typing Chinese characters, I could type English small letters directly when I hit "SHIFT" and alphabet button at the same time, while CAPS LOCK is off i.e. before switching to Chinese language, I was typing English small...
  3. Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching input languages typing English and another language intermittently: Hi there,I used to do it in the past: When I was typing Chinese characters, I could type English small letters directly when I hit "SHIFT" and alphabet button at the same time, while CAPS LOCK is off i.e. before switching to Chinese language, I was typing English small...
  4. duplication of the English input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    duplication of the English input language: Hi Community! When I want to change input language, using 'window' + 'space', I can now see a 'duplication' of the English option even though my setting says there should only be one English and one Swedish option see image. Can someone explain how I get rid of this...
  5. Windows 10 Language Change to English

Windows 10 Language Change to English: Hello! I bought my desktop here in China, a friend of mine already checked my pc. We already installed the language pack and still, Microsoft Edge, Control Panel, generally most of the Windows interface is still in Chinese. The log in screen and a few is changed to English....
  6. How to use English as default input language?

How to use English as default input language?: For window 10 Traditional Chinese version, I would like to know on how to set English as default input language and remove any Chinese input. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  7. change input language

change input language: Hello, I just bought a hp Pavillion 360. Since my first language is Japanese, I tried to change the input language from English to Japanese. The basic language on display has been changed to Japanese successfully. However, I still have a difficulty in typing in Japanese. The...
  8. change my language to english

change my language to english: please help me change my computer to english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-language-to-english/d5ff6360-849c-47db-8ca0-b9e41cd59a2c
  9. How to change the language to English?

How to change the language to English?: Last month, I brought a laptop in China , which is Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Window 10 Chinese family version. I want to change the whole laptop's system to English. When I open the laptop, it's Chinese, I ask the worker to help me to change to English, they went to setting to...
  10. Cant change language to english

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant change language to english: Hello my friend I bought a new laptop here in japan But Cant change my language to english Also cant download language pack Pls need help,, 43090