Windows 10: Windows Spatial Audio - No longer an option for 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound?

Discus and support Windows Spatial Audio - No longer an option for 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Since updating to version 1909 last month it now seems that the Windows Spatial Audio API no longer virtualizes multichannel audio played through any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RomanceablePlatypus, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Windows Spatial Audio - No longer an option for 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound?

Since updating to version 1909 last month it now seems that the Windows Spatial Audio API no longer virtualizes multichannel audio played through any media player. The checkbox that used to be visible in the sound device properties "Spatial Audio" tab to 'Turn on 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound' is also gone.

However, it still works with any game that hooks into the Windows Spatial Audio settings to provide 3D audio. It also works when playing any of the sound demos available through either the "Dolby Access" or "DTS: Sound Unbound" apps.

What gives? Is this intended?

submitted by /u/RomanceablePlatypus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RomanceablePlatypus, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

spatial sound

Hi,

Windows Sonic is Microsoft’s audio platform for more immersive audio. It includes integrated spatial sound on Windows, with support for both surround and elevation audio cues.

We would like to more about your issue:

• Were there changes made on your device prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to you prompt response.

Jose Est, Feb 7, 2020
  3. chrisssj2 Win User
    Dolby Atmos Headphones Spatial viritual surround sound 7.1 on or off?

The option "turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound"

Do you need to turn this on or off in use with Dolby Atmos for headphones?
    I read you need to disable "enhancements" when using Dolby Atmos

However since the 7.1 virtual sound option is in the tab of spatial audio, where dolby atmos resides.
    It gives the impression they are ment to be used together.

Does anyone have more knowledge about this?

chrisssj2, Feb 7, 2020
  4. byu1 Win User

Windows Spatial Audio - No longer an option for 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

what is spatial sound? latest windows 10 build have a 'spatial sound' in audio properties, there is option 'turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound'. will that transfer stereo in to surround sound?

byu1, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows Spatial Audio - No longer an option for 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound?

1. Windows Spatial Audio - No longer an option for 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound? - Similar Threads - Spatial Audio longer

2. Why can't I use 7.1 surround sound and spatial sound?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I use 7.1 surround sound and spatial sound?: Every time I got to enable spatial sounds it removes the 7.1 surround sound and only allows me to have Stereo sounds. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-use-71-surround-sound-and-spatial-sound/1209552d-675b-4100-b2ce-d688330a946b
  3. no option to turn spatial sound on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no option to turn spatial sound on: context: I have had my head phones Arctis 7's for quite some time now and I have always had the problem of no spatial sound but today I finally put time aside to fix this however came to no avail. The option to pick any is greyed out and I cannot install Dolby Access I have...
  4. no option to turn spatial sound on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no option to turn spatial sound on: context: I have had my head phones Arctis 7's for quite some time now and I have always had the problem of no spatial sound but today I finally put time aside to fix this however came to no avail. The option to pick any is greyed out and I cannot install Dolby Access I have...
  5. no option to turn spatial sound on

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Audio Crackling in Boom 3D Virtual Surround Sound Software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Crackling in Boom 3D Virtual Surround Sound Software: Hello.I am facing a problem with my virtual surround sound software, Boom 3D. Boom 3D is not as famous as surround sound software like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, but Boom 3D is the best and most compatible surround sound software in my case. However, I started noticing that the...
  7. 7.1 surround sound option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    7.1 surround sound option: I was checking some stuff after getting a new headset and noticed that the sound was set to stereo instead of dolby. And there was no 7.1 surround sound option like before. Had been a while since I looked a this stuff. Does not work with the 7.1 surround sound headset or 7.1...
  8. No Directional Audio or Spatial sound on Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Directional Audio or Spatial sound on Windows: Recently I had updated Windows to the newest update and I noticed that my audio was a little flat. I tried playing games and I noticed that there is no Directional audio, For example when I hear a gunshot there is no way of knowing what direction it was from. I am a seriously...
  9. 'turn on 7.1 Virtual Surround sound' under the 'Spatial Sound' tab disappeared after an update

'turn on 7.1 Virtual Surround sound' under the 'Spatial Sound' tab disappeared after an update: After I updated this evening, I noticed some changes like the search tab becoming bigger and the sound icon, when right-clicked, does not show the 'playback devices' option. I'm pretty much setting up my cheap computer speakers, finding more comfortable spots, which is why...
  10. Windows 10 1903 Spatial Sound Activate 7.1 Virtual Surround Option Missing

Windows 10 1903 Spatial Sound Activate 7.1 Virtual Surround Option Missing: Hello everyone! I'm in need of some help. I installed the new Windows 10 1903 May Update (Build 18362.145), and i noticed that, in the audio device properties, Spatial Sound tab, the option to turn on/off the 7.1 Virtual Surround is gone [IMG] In 1809, i used Windows Sonic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 7.1 sound gone after 1909 update

2. spacial sound tab missing 5.1

3. 7.1 sound tab

4. how to check if 7.1 surround sound ticked windows spatial,
  5. spatial sound tab has not 7.1 option,
  6. no 7.1 option under spatial souns,
  7. windows spatial sound no 7.1,
  8. 7.1 spatial dolby hd