Windows 10: Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation

Discus and support Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation in Cortana to solve the problem; When using speech recognition/dictation, it turns off stops listening, every time I start a new line or new paragraph. In other words, when your... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by kellymcclintock, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation

When using speech recognition/dictation, it turns off stops listening, every time I start a new line or new paragraph. In other words, when your trying to dictate a document, it stops listening shuts off every time you start a new line or new paragraph. Then, you have to click on the microphone again to get it started. This makes it virtually unusable. Any suggestions?

:)

kellymcclintock, Mar 28, 2020

2. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Dictation not working.

Hello Lina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you using dictation in Windows or Office application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1: To dictate text:

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

2. Say "start listening" or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.

3. Open the program you want to use or select the text box you want to dictate text into.

4. Say the text that you want dictate.

Step 2: You may refer Microsoft article related to Dictating text:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042244/windows-10-use-dictation

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14198/windows-7-dictate-text-using-speech-recognition

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Ongaku Win User

Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation

speech recognition on Windows XP?

Is there a way to get some sort of speech recognition software for XP? I saw an article on Microsoft on how to get it to work, but it says I have to download the Windows Speech Engine or something like that and it's not available to download.

My grandma likes the idea of talking to her computer lol. She wants to dictate her stories because she has a hard time typing for a long time because she's got arthritis and all that.

Ongaku, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation

1. Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation - Similar Threads - Speech Recognition Dictation

2. Permanently turn off Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently turn off Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation: It's a feature I do not want and do not use.I have followed all the guides about going to Speech settings and turning it off. Turning off the speech on startup through the task manager, and even registry edits.None of that works and randomly the dictation pops up without...
  3. Permanently turn off Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently turn off Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation: It's a feature I do not want and do not use.I have followed all the guides about going to Speech settings and turning it off. Turning off the speech on startup through the task manager, and even registry edits.None of that works and randomly the dictation pops up without...
  4. Permanently turn off Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Issues with Windows Dictation but not Speech Recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows Dictation but not Speech Recognition: Hello,We're having issues with random users not being able to use Windows Dictation Windows + H keyboard shortcut - it doesn't report an error, it acts as though it is listening, but it does not translate speech to text.Oddly enough, Speech Recognition as well as all other...
  6. Issues with Windows Dictation but not Speech Recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Windows Dictation but not Speech Recognition: Hello,We're having issues with random users not being able to use Windows Dictation Windows + H keyboard shortcut - it doesn't report an error, it acts as though it is listening, but it does not translate speech to text.Oddly enough, Speech Recognition as well as all other...
  7. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition: My built-in microphone isn't working. Worse, my microphone built into my headset isn't working either. I can hear fine from the speakers both built into the computer and from the headset, but can't speak at all. What's wrong?...
  8. Windows Speech Recognition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Speech Recognition: Does anyone else despise the Speech Recognition app as much as I do? Apparently, someone at Microsoft thought it was a good idea to remove the simple little microphone that made it possible for me to ask questions in the Search field, and in Gmail replies. What a mistake....
  9. Windows speech recognition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows speech recognition: Windows speech recognition, on Windows 10, won't start up from control panel. The only way to get it to start is rebooting my system. Anyway to fix this?...
  10. SPEECH RECOGNITION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SPEECH RECOGNITION: I HAVE WINDOWS 10. THE SPEECH RECOGNITION DOES NOT LOAD AT STARTUUPCAN I CORRECT THIS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/speech-recognition/43c4fd94-71ab-4012-9ab3-0da1e255ed0a