Windows 10: "Windows Speech Recognition is not available for the current display language"

Discus and support "Windows Speech Recognition is not available for the current display language" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, I hope you can help me with my problem because I did not find anything useful on the internet yet. I wanted to activate speech recognition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JanaSchultheiss, Apr 22, 2021.

1. "Windows Speech Recognition is not available for the current display language"

Hey guys, I hope you can help me with my problem because I did not find anything useful on the internet yet.

I wanted to activate speech recognition on my laptop but it gives me a lot of confusing error messages. Some short background info: I bought my laptop in the United States and I am living in the Netherlands now. However, all my language, region settings match they are all in English/United States.

So when I try to activate speech recognition it says "the recognizer language must match the language of the user interface" and that I should change it in the control panel. But then, in the control panel, it gives me another error message "Windows Speech Recognition is not available for the current display language". I will attach some pictures for you to be able to see what I mean. I hope you can help me.

Thank you in advance and have a good day!

Kind regards,

Jana

"Windows Speech Recognition is not available for the current display language" 806a609c-ff48-49d4-b94f-d8bcd1f191fa?upload=true.gif "Windows Speech Recognition is not available for the current display language" 0b267474-6a6a-4f26-908d-e2c383083433?upload=true.gif "Windows Speech Recognition is not available for the current display language" 7c1c7e98-d915-414d-a5a1-a8098e665879?upload=true.gif

:)

JanaSchultheiss, Apr 22, 2021

2. speech recognition

Speech recognition will not work because the recognizer language is not the same as the user interface language. The settings available under speech, language and ease of access are all OK but in the Administrative Language settings the Current user, Welcome
    and New User displays are listed as United Kingdom. The Welcome Input location are listed as United Kingdom as are all of the New User settings. Changing Current User Display has no effect.

How do I reset the languages so speech recognition will work?

BobAugusteyn, Apr 22, 2021
  3. No speech recognition at all

Hi, thank you for the useful information.
    Personally, I also use ClassicShell with CPanel enabled, and I do have the root "Speech Recognition" icon, but I can't open it, and I can't access the further settings (such as configuring ASR Language or training your mic) - and of course I've tried a million ways of accessing the settings *Wink
    I did set my display language and my input language to en-US, as well as my locale, to no avail (and restarting didn't do the trick either) - and then back to de-DE (which is also supported) - the ASR language settings, however, remain elusive^^
    I have also tried having ctfmon running and the input language bar displayed in various states

I have downloaded different language packs, but some of them would not install, the installer disappears after "gathering required information"

Thank you for sending the executable and service, that was exactly what i was looking for!
    I'm not at home right now, I'll check in a couple of hours - but that looks immensely helpful already. I did find the speech folders in Sys32 and SysWOW myself before and tried changing access permissions, but to no avail.

I hope running the SAPI server will do the trick - I was expecting exactly something like this to be missing or blocked from/in my system

Benjamin Philip, Apr 22, 2021
  4. RudiCH Win User

"Windows Speech Recognition is not available for the current display language"

Speech recognition

Sorry, but your link did not help. All I get if I go to Speech Recognition is a message telling me: "Windows Speech Recognition is not available for the current display language". This is manifestly incorrect, since I am using English (Australia)
    which is listed for speech recognition.

"Windows Speech Recognition is not available for the current display language" [​IMG]

RudiCH, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

"Windows Speech Recognition is not available for the current display language"

1. "Windows Speech Recognition is not available for the current display language" - Similar Threads - Speech Recognition available

2. Speech recognition language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speech recognition language: Speech recognition language how to stop USA voice and use UK voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-language/292d04a4-db39-44eb-b667-e1020cfe3a20
  3. Speech recognition language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition language: Speech recognition language how to stop USA voice and use UK voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-language/292d04a4-db39-44eb-b667-e1020cfe3a20
  4. Speech recognition language stuck to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition language stuck to English: Hi!I have three language packs installed English, French and Spanish. Even when I select another language as the speech language, the voice typing is stuck to English.Any help, please?...
  5. Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is

in Cortana
    Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is: I made every changes to use speech recognition. I changed region to US, timezone to US, keyboard to English, language to US English. Even my cortana is working. It can hear me and answer me. I tried troubleshooting and it said it can hear me and everything is fine. But...
  6. Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is: I made every changes to use speech recognition. I changed region to US, timezone to US, keyboard to English, language to US English. Even my cortana is working. It can hear me and answer me. I tried troubleshooting and it said it can hear me and everything is fine. But...
  7. Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Speech recognition not available in current display language

in Cortana
    Speech recognition not available in current display language: I've been trying to configure my speech recognition. I've changed the language to English United States and the preferred language to English United States. But Cortana still can't hear me. When I test my mic in google search, it's fine. I've attached some photos,...
  9. Speech recognition Multi language

in Cortana
    Speech recognition Multi language: I have trained the United States speech recognition on windows 10 for my third party software "Voice Attack". I am able to choose the speech engine recognition in the software. Question: I am normally using the German language as primary language. If i change the setting...
  10. Display and speech languages - Speech recognition problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display and speech languages - Speech recognition problems: I am running the current version of Windows 10 1909 Pro. When starting Speech Recognition, I get the following: [ATTACH] I have searched the internet for a solution to this. As best as I can tell, both of these are set to English US. Interestingly, Cortana works fine...