Windows 10: Windows speech recognition without using online Cortana

Discus and support Windows speech recognition without using online Cortana in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How do i enable only the Windows speech recognition without usingonline Cortana? I don't want my speech to be sent to the cloud. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/QanonContinuum, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Windows speech recognition without using online Cortana

How do i enable only the Windows speech recognition without usingonline Cortana? I don't want my speech to be sent to the cloud.

submitted by /u/QanonContinuum
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/QanonContinuum, Jul 7, 2020

2. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jul 7, 2020
  3. How to prevent Cortana from sending voice input to Microsoft AND still be able to use speech recognition

As said in the comments, currently Cortana's speech recognition only works online, and speech data is sent to the Microsoft servers. As the result, you cannot prevent Cortana from sending voice input to Microsoft and still be able to use speech recognition.

As a side note:

Franck Dernoncourt, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Windows speech recognition without using online Cortana

Can´t access Cortana Settings and Speech Recognition

Hi Stefan,

We know how convenient it is to use Cortana and the Windows Speech Recognition as they serve as our digital agents. They help things get done for us.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you refer to this
    support article
    . Follow the simple guide to resolve the issue with Cortana
    and the Windows Speech Recognition.

Should you need further assistance, get back to us anytime.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows speech recognition without using online Cortana

1. Windows speech recognition without using online Cortana - Similar Threads - speech recognition without

2. Cortana and online speech recognition service issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana and online speech recognition service issue: I have been trying to setup Cortana but i am having problem setting it up because it won't pickup online speech recognition service setting that is enabled in my settings and works fine on Microsoft edge speech search and google too but cortana while setting up always asks me...
  3. Cortana and online speech recognition service issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and online speech recognition service issue: I have been trying to setup Cortana but i am having problem setting it up because it won't pickup online speech recognition service setting that is enabled in my settings and works fine on Microsoft edge speech search and google too but cortana while setting up always asks me...
  4. Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is

in Cortana
    Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is: I made every changes to use speech recognition. I changed region to US, timezone to US, keyboard to English, language to US English. Even my cortana is working. It can hear me and answer me. I tried troubleshooting and it said it can hear me and everything is fine. But...
  5. Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is: I made every changes to use speech recognition. I changed region to US, timezone to US, keyboard to English, language to US English. Even my cortana is working. It can hear me and answer me. I tried troubleshooting and it said it can hear me and everything is fine. But...
  6. Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Online Speech Recognition is grayed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Online Speech Recognition is grayed Out: Hi, this is what i am facing. And this is causing the windows + h key to do nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-speech-recognition-is-grayed-out/9b2bcee8-25c5-4e19-ad0b-de55c8d7c2ae
  8. Cortana vs. Speech Recognition

in Cortana
    Cortana vs. Speech Recognition: Aren't - Cortana- Speech Recognition"Overlapped"?Both are WSR execute commands defined in Windows environment.- What are the differences between the two- Does each one has its own SRA speech recognition algorithmsMy suspicion is that Cortana brought-in to match other products...
  9. Enable online speech recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable online speech recognition: @Brink. There is a tutorial at Enable or Disable Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10 which shows how to enable and disable online speech recognition. Given your tutorial was written December 2018 I'm going to assume it applies to 1809, which is good, since that's the...
  10. Speech Recognition and Cortana.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speech Recognition and Cortana.: No you can not help me. I have had help over the years But help has made no diffrents. stop right there not my pc I have had lots of pcs over the years and its the same. For years you send out all kinds of updates and still cannot get your Speech Recognition **** to work 1/2...