Windows 10: Windows Speech Recognition

Discus and support Windows Speech Recognition in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I ran a Mal ware program and restarted my computer. It did not start my Windows Speech Recognition App. I got this message. "Speech Recognition could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JayTaunton, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Windows Speech Recognition

I ran a Mal ware program and restarted my computer. It did not start my Windows Speech Recognition App. I got this message. "Speech Recognition could not start the language configuration is not supported. The recognizer language must match the language of the user interface. Please change the recognizer language in the Speech Recognition Control Panel under Advanced Options." I think that I got into the Speech Recognition Control Panel and under "Language" it says Microsoft Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows (English-US). Can anyone tell me how to fix my Windows Speech Recognition? I use it with Microsoft Word and speak to it. It puts the words in the document as I speak. I check it out and make sure that every thing is correct and then print it. I like that feature on Windows 10 but I cannot use it anymore. Any help with a more savvy Windows 10 user would be appreciated. I want to use that feature again but it is screwed up.

Jay Taunton

:)

JayTaunton, Jul 7, 2016

2. Speech recognition does not shut down

Hello

I have a bug with Windows Speech Recognition (SAPI) in Windows 10, version 1709, OS Build 16299.125. (issue was present in earlier builds of Windows 10 as well)

Speech Recognition will refuse to start again once closed if certain criteria are met.

I have placed a shortcut for starting Windows Speech Recognition on my Desktop.

Shortcut copied from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessibility\Windows Speech Recognition

- Click the shortcut to start Windows Speech Recognition

- Open Start

- Close Start

- Close Windows Speech Recognition

- Click the shortcut to Windows Speech Recognition

Windows Speech Recognition won’t open. Looking at Task Manager you’ll see Speech Recognition still running.

If you open Start, you’ll see Speech Recognition disappearing from Task Manager and you are able to open Windows Speech Recognition again. If you close Windows Speech Recognition without opening Start, you are able to start Windows Speech Recognition
    again.

DictationScratchPad, Jul 7, 2016
  3. Windows 10 speech to text

Hi Michelle,

Windows Speech Recognition lets you control your PC with your voice alone, without needing a keyboard or mouse. To know more about how to use speech recognition, click on this
    link. For more reference, checkout the links below:

Use speech recognition

Windows Speech Recognition commands

Let us know if you have other questions.

Martin Bar, Jul 7, 2016
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Windows Speech Recognition

What anti-malware program was used and is there a log produced? Did it do something without user-prompt?

pyramid10, Jul 8, 2016
  5. The name of the program is Malwarebyte. I think that there is a log but I do not know how to get into it. It showed a bunch of files marked and when I clicked it put them in a "chest". Right after that my Windows Speech Recognition quit working. I can go back to Malwarebytes and click on "History" and can see when it was scanned. Other than that, I am in the dark.

JayTaunton, Jul 8, 2016
  6. I went to my Malware program, Malwarebytes, and went to "History"'. I found all of the files that the program took out. I clicked on all of the files that the program took out. I then clicked on "Restore". My Windows Speech Recognition started working again. I, in effect, put Malware back on my computer. I did not know which of the files was the file that started my Windows Speech Recognition back again so I had to restore all of the files from the date and time that I ran Malwarebytes. Is there any way to tell what file I needed to restore to have my Window Speech Recognition working again without restoring all of the files?

Jay

JayTaunton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Speech Recognition

1. Windows Speech Recognition - Similar Threads - Speech Recognition

2. Windows 11’s speech recognition gets axed in six months, but it’ll work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11’s speech recognition gets axed in six months, but it’ll work on Windows 10: Microsoft previously announced the deprecation of Windows Speech Recognition (WSR) and several other apps. In a surprising move, the new Voice Access app will now replace the WSR app on Windows 11 22H2 and newer versions in September 2024, but you can continue using the...
  3. speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported: win11tried changing the interface laguage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-could-not-start-because-the/d21b98d3-b3e6-4e8b-b910-693cd54c8b1b
  4. speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported: win11tried changing the interface laguage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-could-not-start-because-the/d21b98d3-b3e6-4e8b-b910-693cd54c8b1b
  5. Speech Recognition Voice Typing for Kannada Language in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech Recognition Voice Typing for Kannada Language in Windows 11: Hey, hope you're doing great, I was checking for the speech recognition features in Windows 11 and learned that speech recognition for the Kannada language voice typing is not yet available in Windows 11. Windows 11 currently supports voice typing for Indian languages such as...
  6. Speech Recognition Voice Typing for Kannada Language in Windows 11

Speech Recognition Voice Typing for Kannada Language in Windows 11: Hey, hope you're doing great, I was checking for the speech recognition features in Windows 11 and learned that speech recognition for the Kannada language voice typing is not yet available in Windows 11. Windows 11 currently supports voice typing for Indian languages such as...
  7. Voice access and speech recognition should have shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice access and speech recognition should have shortcuts: I don't have to search every time for them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-access-and-speech-recognition-should-have/32828852-6922-4d72-983b-efdf50cfc671
  8. Voice access and speech recognition should have shortcuts

Voice access and speech recognition should have shortcuts: I don't have to search every time for them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-access-and-speech-recognition-should-have/32828852-6922-4d72-983b-efdf50cfc671
  9. Speech recognition language

Speech recognition language: Speech recognition language how to stop USA voice and use UK voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-language/292d04a4-db39-44eb-b667-e1020cfe3a20
  10. Speech recognition language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition language: Speech recognition language how to stop USA voice and use UK voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-language/292d04a4-db39-44eb-b667-e1020cfe3a20