Windows 10: Windows spining dots chug, freezes, then restart (Bootlog_not_loaded)

Discus and support Windows spining dots chug, freezes, then restart (Bootlog_not_loaded) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, First of all, been a long time "Google and find what I need to tweak" person and always seem to end up here, so I've finally joined up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ErikTheRed, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Windows spining dots chug, freezes, then restart (Bootlog_not_loaded)

Hello all,

First of all, been a long time "Google and find what I need to tweak" person and always seem to end up here, so I've finally joined up. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and apologies if this belongs elsewhere.

So, with my issue, I know what caused this, and it's my stupid fault, but now I don't know how to fix it.

I used MSI Control Center, and put the CPU multiplier up (clearly too high). I Hit "Apply" and it restarts immediately. Hard restart, no windows shutdown because MSI Control Center isn't polite like that. Upon reboot, the Windows spinning dots spin, chug, spin, chuuuug, stop. System reboot. After a total of 2 attempted boots with the dots slowing down before reboot, it will boot into system recovery mode.

I can boot into safe mode, but of course the MSI Control Center software won't run in safe mode, so I can't just "put it back" with regards to the CPU multiplier. Yay.

After attempting to run start in logging mode, I can access the ntblog.txt in safe mode. There are a few items with issues, but unsurprisingly there's a CPU related issue.

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @CPU.inf,%amdppm.devicedesc%;AMD Processor is the main item (6096 instances of this line in the log file).

Now, does anyone know if there's a backup of the cpu.inf file kept by windows at all? Or, does anyone know what the cpu.inf should contain for a Ryzen 3700x? Will installing the AMD drivers in safe mode rebuild/reupdate this file?

Thanks again.

:)

ErikTheRed, Nov 12, 2019
  2. Erzz197 Win User

Can only boot in safe mode even after reinstall. It is getting struck in spinning dots and getting list of BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED files.

If I don't boot to safe mode, it gets stuck at a blue screen with spinning dots. I can press ctrl+alt+delete there to bring up the log-in screen background with power options and ease of access, but otherwise it just spins forever.

I tried using restore points, but the same thing happened. So I did a reinstall choosing to keep my files, and it still gets stuck on the spinning dots. I turned on bootlogging and the notable lines appear to be:

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @oem1.inf,%nvidia_dev.1005%;NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @msports.inf,%*pnp0501.devicedesc%;Communications Port

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @cpu.inf,%intelppm.devicedesc%;Intel Processor

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED XT1032

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @oem17.inf,%motsingleinterface%;Motorola ADB Interface

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @msports.inf,%*pnp0501.devicedesc%;Communications Port

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED cdrom.SYS

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED FileCrypt.SYS

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED npsvctrig.SYS

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED mssmbios.SYS

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED GpuEnergyDrv.SYS

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED dam.SYS

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @oem0.inf,%nvidia.devicedesc%;NVIDIA High Definition Audio

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED Realtek High Definition Audio

Here's a pastebin of the full log: Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Version 10.0 (Build 10586) 3 30 2016 18:51:33.499 B - Pastebin.com

Any ideas what could be going wrong and how to fix it? Everything was working fine up until yesterday, when the computer updated.

Edit: I ran the system file checker and it said it didn't find any integrity violations.

Erzz197, Nov 12, 2019
  3. little cat, Nov 12, 2019
  4. dbldee Win User

Windows spining dots chug, freezes, then restart (Bootlog_not_loaded)

Freezes on restart

Device is up to date, however from either the Start menu or Command prompt Windows freezes at manufacturer splash screen on restart, requiring hard shutdown,
    This returns even after clean install of Windows 10

suggestions or recommendations *Sick

dbldee, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows spining dots chug, freezes, then restart (Bootlog_not_loaded)

1. Windows spining dots chug, freezes, then restart (Bootlog_not_loaded) - Similar Threads - spining dots chug

2. Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots: Hello! I have installed windows 10 on my pcwhich is old. All the installation process went good and setup asked to restart. And after that windows 10 logo is stuck with no spinning dots.I waited for 2 houes but nothing happened.I powered off my pc and started it again but...
  3. Stuck On Restarting With Dots Circling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck On Restarting With Dots Circling: I bought a new laptop, but it was defective. So I decided to return the laptop since it had all of my information; I had to restart without backing my files. The percentage of the restart was fine. The problem is that the laptop screen has been stuck on restarting with the...
  4. Boot freezes at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot freezes at spinning dots: As the title says I am currently having an issue with my Win10 computer where whenever I try to boot it up it goes to the spinning dots under the company logo of the MB manufacturer and as soon as the dots appear it freezes. If I force automatic repair the exact same happens...
  5. Windows 10 freezes on spinning dots

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 freezes on spinning dots: Hello! I've got quite an annoying problem with my windows 10 desktop. Last week, I was playing games on my computer, as I do every night. While in game, my computer decided to just shut off without any warning. Since then I've restarted it about 50 times, for it to get...
  6. Windows installer freezes on spinning dots?

Windows installer freezes on spinning dots?: Hi, I recently moved and tried to turn on my Windows 10 PC for the first time and got the BSOD. After trying a few of the fixes for that with no success, I decided I would simply just clean install a new Windows 10 off my bootable USB. So I used my MSi motherboard settings...
  7. Windows 10 freeze at spinning dots

Windows 10 freeze at spinning dots: Hi all, I am currently having a problem when trying to install clean windows 10 from USB boot or upgrade win 10 to 1809 from 1803. Both have same issues cant boot to windows and my laptop freezes at the loading spinning dots screen. and the update process was not...
  8. blue ring that spining around freezes the computer

blue ring that spining around freezes the computer: how do I get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/blue-ring-that-spining-around-freezes-the-computer/159f78c5-7863-42ff-ac4e-0cd96cdd98fa
  9. Freeze at spinning dots (loading)

Freeze at spinning dots (loading): Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...
  10. Bootlog_not_loaded

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bootlog_not_loaded: Hi I am seeing 5 entries in Windows Boot Log with this: BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \Systemroot\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys Seems Windows is trying 5 times to load the file, but if fails. I have been looking around and this file is Direct X related. How to correct this or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED communications port

2. bootlog_not_loaded @msports.inf %*pnp0501.devicedesc%;communications port

3. bootlog_not_loaded @cpu.inf %amdppm.devicedesc%;amd processor