Windows 10: Windows Spontaneous Shutdowns

Discus and support Windows Spontaneous Shutdowns in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had this problem for a few months now but it's started getting worse and interrupting my pc usage. I've been experiencing totally random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoeYull, Sep 24, 2020.

1. JoeYull Win User

Windows Spontaneous Shutdowns

I've had this problem for a few months now but it's started getting worse and interrupting my pc usage.

I've been experiencing totally random shutdowns on my laptop that result in without any forewarning my screen suddenly going blank and my system whirring to a total stop, pretty much what you would expect to happen if a laptop ran out of battery. It's always plugged in, so it's not the battery

There doesn't seem to be any regularity to these events, I'm rarely doing the same thing at the time of any shutdowns, and I can go weeks without issue to then get 3 or 4 shutdowns in 1 day. I'm pretty sure it isn't a temperature problem as it occurs even at the lowest of temperatures.

I'm happy to supply any logs that might help answer what is going on, but I haven't much idea which ones are relevant to this, so feel free to point me in the right direction.

I'm really stumped why this has started happening, any help would be gratefully appreciated.

:)

JoeYull, Sep 24, 2020
  2. little cat, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Weer Win User
    Reminder: Microsoft Windows 7 Beta Automatic Two-Hour Shutdowns Begin Today

Does that work?

4. Windows Spontaneous Shutdowns

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows Spontaneous Shutdowns

1. Windows Spontaneous Shutdowns - Similar Threads - Spontaneous Shutdowns

2. constant BSOD and spontaneous shut downs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    constant BSOD and spontaneous shut downs: BSOD's have all different messages. Obviously, shutdowns have no message. Sometimes it stays running for half an hour, sometimes it makes it 12 hours. I've looked around these forums trying to figure out what to do and it seems like the answer is always to post a link to the...
  3. constant BSOD and spontaneous shut downs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    constant BSOD and spontaneous shut downs: BSOD's have all different messages. Obviously, shutdowns have no message. Sometimes it stays running for half an hour, sometimes it makes it 12 hours. I've looked around these forums trying to figure out what to do and it seems like the answer is always to post a link to the...
  4. Spontaneous and simultaneous crashing in File Explorer, WhatsApp and new Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spontaneous and simultaneous crashing in File Explorer, WhatsApp and new Outlook: I've had this bug a day or two ago and it went away naturally unsure how. It has returned! I can't click on any button in file explorer for example, a drive without it crashing, WhatsApp messages can't be sent or received in the WhatsApp desktop app and the new Outlook app...
  5. Spontaneous and simultaneous crashing in File Explorer, WhatsApp and new Outlook

Spontaneous and simultaneous crashing in File Explorer, WhatsApp and new Outlook: I've had this bug a day or two ago and it went away naturally unsure how. It has returned! I can't click on any button in file explorer for example, a drive without it crashing, WhatsApp messages can't be sent or received in the WhatsApp desktop app and the new Outlook app...
  6. HP Laptop Win 10 Spontaneous Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Laptop Win 10 Spontaneous Shutdown: Event Log: Error 7/26/2023 7:27:11 PM Service Control Manager 7000 None Error 7/26/2023 7:27:11 PM Service Control Manager 7009 None Error 7/26/2023 7:26:29 PM Service Control Manager 7023 None Critical 7/26/2023 7:25:41 PM Kernel-Power 41 63 Error 7/26/2023 7:26:09 PM...
  7. HP Laptop Win 10 Spontaneous Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop Win 10 Spontaneous Shutdown: Event Log: Error 7/26/2023 7:27:11 PM Service Control Manager 7000 None Error 7/26/2023 7:27:11 PM Service Control Manager 7009 None Error 7/26/2023 7:26:29 PM Service Control Manager 7023 None Critical 7/26/2023 7:25:41 PM Kernel-Power 41 63 Error 7/26/2023 7:26:09 PM...
  8. HP Laptop Win 10 Spontaneous Shutdown

9. I have been receiving spontaneous shutdowns with the irq not less than it equal and the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been receiving spontaneous shutdowns with the irq not less than it equal and the...: I have run stability tests and all seems to be in order. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-been-receiving-spontaneous-shutdowns-with/d669aacf-baa3-49f4-a221-f66839e34b04
  10. I have been receiving spontaneous shutdowns with the irq not less than it equal and the...

I have been receiving spontaneous shutdowns with the irq not less than it equal and the...: I have run stability tests and all seems to be in order. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-been-receiving-spontaneous-shutdowns-with/d669aacf-baa3-49f4-a221-f66839e34b04