Windows 10: Windows spotLight behaviour is illogical

Discus and support Windows spotLight behaviour is illogical in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm somewhat annoyed by Windows Spotlight, because it asks me if I like the wallpaper it is displaying. When I reply 'No' it will give me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JonR_704, Apr 14, 2021.

1. JonR_704 Win User

Windows spotLight behaviour is illogical

Hello,

I'm somewhat annoyed by Windows Spotlight, because it asks me if I like the wallpaper it is displaying.

When I reply 'No' it will give me another wallpaper, which I might like or not. However if I select 'No' a couple of times not being a troll but actually not into the wallpaper it will give me the default mountain wallpaper with red backpack in front in anyone noticed. This mountain wallpaper is so annoying to look at because we've all seen it a thousand times and we're sick of it. What is the logic of Windows Spotlight to give us this dreadful wallpaper it's actually beautiful but we've seen it too much when we don't like a few suggestions? Keep on suggesting Windows Spotlight! and don't treat me like I'm a spoiled kid who doesn't like the wallpaper so you give him the default ugly one! Please fix this Microsoft! Thank you!

:)

JonR_704, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Alden Rey Win User

windows spotlight

Hi Leland,

Windows Spotlight is a nifty feature in Windows 10. It can downloads pictures and advertisements from Bing and then displays them on your lock screen. Besides, you can mark whether you wish to see more or less images of a similar type.

To sort out your concern, simply follow the steps provided below:

• Go to privacy settings:
    • Background apps turn on
    • For spottlight setting app must be on.
    • You can now use spottlight in personalisation tab.

We also suggest to re-register your Windows Spotlight by following the steps provided by
    Kapil Arya MVP on this
    link

Should you need further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows spotLight behaviour is illogical - Similar Threads - spotLight behaviour illogical

2. influence behaviour of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    influence behaviour of windows: hello i want to add a menu bar for my system using rainmeter which i did but this bar overlaps with other windows so i was looking for a way how to influence windows behavior so it would be like in the taskbar case but i couldn't find it so i am here please if you know the...
  3. influence behaviour of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    influence behaviour of windows: hello i want to add a menu bar for my system using rainmeter which i did but this bar overlaps with other windows so i was looking for a way how to influence windows behavior so it would be like in the taskbar case but i couldn't find it so i am here please if you know the...
  4. What is this behaviour Windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is this behaviour Windows?: I really don't understand what's wrong with Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 versions. I am literally fed up of this irresponsible behaviour by windows. Some days ago, I noticed that the 30gb main content in my D: drive was missing. I thought that it might be my error but at the same...
  5. Illogical multiple display problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Illogical multiple display problem: I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 15. I use this primarily for a desktop with a need for some portability, so I purchased a Belkin thunderbolt 3+ docking station, understanding from its literature that it should support two external monitors in addition to...
  6. Windows Hello PIN setup is stuck in illogical loop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello PIN setup is stuck in illogical loop: I have a work notebook domain login that has a fingerprint reader. Some time ago, I had problems with my fingerprint identification, but the PC has had two major operating system updates since then. Accordingly, I decided to try setting up fingerprint identification for...
  7. REPEATEDLY Blocked Outlook Account • • • ILLOGICAL INCONSISTENCY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    REPEATEDLY Blocked Outlook Account • • • ILLOGICAL INCONSISTENCY: I didn't realize when I attempted to reply to an email message from Microsoft that my Outlook account had been blocked that I was replying to an unmonitored address, but rather than rewrite my issue for this forum, HERE below is the text of that email... My Outlook...
  8. Windows search behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search behaviour: Hi, I noticed that, when performing a search via the Windows search function and then clicking on "see more results", it opens an explorer window with the search results. So far, so good. The issue is, when I do the next search the same way and then clicking again on "see...
  9. explorer windows behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer windows behaviour: my win 10 explorer windows have started to freak out.. when calling the windows either via WIN E or via double click the icon in tool bar it opens to full screen in the right hand display, I have dual display. Any attempt to move window with mouse or minimize and the window...
  10. Windows Spotlight - Erratic Behaviour

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight - Erratic Behaviour: Rather than add to the very long discussion threads on the subject of Windows Spotlight, I'm starting another to ask others whether they are experiencing Spotlight behaving erratically of late. Following problems some time ago with Spotlight not downloading and showing new...