Windows 10: Windows Spotlight Bug

Discus and support Windows Spotlight Bug in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; There seems to be an issue with windows spotlight on my windows. On the login screen I don't see the windows spotlight picture. I only see the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RohanPolekar, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Windows Spotlight Bug

There seems to be an issue with windows spotlight on my windows.

On the login screen I don't see the windows spotlight picture. I only see the information and the 'like what you see?' option on top.

But when I turn the 'Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen' option off the picture is visible. I can't seem to understand what the problem is. I know this is a really small issue and I hate to nitpick about this but this is really bugging me.

I have already tried to reset windows spotlight, it didn't help.

I would really appreciate if someone provides a solution to this.

:)

RohanPolekar, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight Bug

windows spotlight

Hi Leland,

Windows Spotlight is a nifty feature in Windows 10. It can downloads pictures and advertisements from Bing and then displays them on your lock screen. Besides, you can mark whether you wish to see more or less images of a similar type.

To sort out your concern, simply follow the steps provided below:

• Go to privacy settings:
    • Background apps turn on
    • For spottlight setting app must be on.
    • You can now use spottlight in personalisation tab.

We also suggest to re-register your Windows Spotlight by following the steps provided by
    Kapil Arya MVP on this
    link

Should you need further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows Spotlight Bug

1. Windows Spotlight Bug - Similar Threads - Spotlight Bug

2. Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen: I navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Personalize your lock screen and choose "Windows spotlight". But the moment I exit and re-enter the personalization menu - it is reverted back to "picture" mode. Things I already tried as troubleshooting1. I checked for...
  3. Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen: I navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Personalize your lock screen and choose "Windows spotlight". But the moment I exit and re-enter the personalization menu - it is reverted back to "picture" mode. Things I already tried as troubleshooting1. I checked for...
  4. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?: I have the Windows Spotlight lock screen with rotating images. A while ago I clicked "dislike" on an AI image of desert. But I think instead of training Spotlight to not display AI images, it stopped it from showing any images of desert or landscapes that looked similar. Is...
  5. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?: I have the Windows Spotlight lock screen with rotating images. A while ago I clicked "dislike" on an AI image of desert. But I think instead of training Spotlight to not display AI images, it stopped it from showing any images of desert or landscapes that looked similar. Is...
  6. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

7. [BUG] Windows Spotlight Lockscreen facts suddenly in foreign languages

[BUG] Windows Spotlight Lockscreen facts suddenly in foreign languages: Hey!I've found a bug with Windows Spotlight's Tips feature.As of recently like a week, Windows Spotlight has started showing image descriptions like those poetical sentences you see on the lockscreen in other languages that I don't even have language packages installed for....
  8. [BUG] Windows Spotlight Lockscreen facts suddenly in foreign languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [BUG] Windows Spotlight Lockscreen facts suddenly in foreign languages: Hey!I've found a bug with Windows Spotlight's Tips feature.As of recently like a week, Windows Spotlight has started showing image descriptions like those poetical sentences you see on the lockscreen in other languages that I don't even have language packages installed for....
  9. Windows 10 spotlight bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 spotlight bug: Hi, i've notice this bug in spotlight how can I fix it? Thanks [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-spotlight-bug/99cc267f-e663-47c4-a902-59dc8affdbfe
  10. BUG - Windows 10 lock screen Spotlight unlocks without even entering a password when auto...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BUG - Windows 10 lock screen Spotlight unlocks without even entering a password when auto...: Hello, This is a SERIOUS security issue with Windows 10, so I hope someone will take it seriously. I did not find any way of reporting a bug to Windows other than with the Feedback tool, which I don't use because I don't want to link my computer to a Windows account....