Windows 10: Windows Spotlight doesn't work

Discus and support Windows Spotlight doesn't work in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; In my original Windows 10 Home edition, there is an option called Windows Spotlight for my lock screen setting. However, when I upgraded my windows to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Haocheng Sun, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Windows Spotlight doesn't work

In my original Windows 10 Home edition, there is an option called Windows Spotlight for my lock screen setting. However, when I upgraded my windows to Windows 10 Education, I can't find that option and I don't know how to contact to my host. Because I buy the product as Windows 10 Pro. How can I do?

P.S You can take the photo as a reference

Windows Spotlight doesn't work 9a401c47-5f56-445b-a818-bd647f14fecf?upload=true.png

:)

Haocheng Sun, Aug 7, 2019

2. Windows Spotlight doesn`t turn on

Hello

I was trying to turn on windows spotlight for my lock screen background in windows 10 v1709 build 16299.125, But it doesn`t turn on. I click on windows spotlight, It changes to spotlight, But not the preview picture, Then I come out from settings, again
    go in for lock screen background change, But the background is again on picture! I`ve done every thing to fix it, Nothing changed. Help me please

Amirali Salimi, Aug 7, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows Spotlight doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 7, 2019
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows Spotlight doesn't work

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows Spotlight doesn't work [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows Spotlight doesn't work

1. Windows Spotlight doesn't work - Similar Threads - Spotlight doesn't

2. Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen: I navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Personalize your lock screen and choose "Windows spotlight". But the moment I exit and re-enter the personalization menu - it is reverted back to "picture" mode. Things I already tried as troubleshooting1. I checked for...
  3. Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen: I navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Personalize your lock screen and choose "Windows spotlight". But the moment I exit and re-enter the personalization menu - it is reverted back to "picture" mode. Things I already tried as troubleshooting1. I checked for...
  4. Windows 11 Windows Spotlight doesn't work on lock screen but desktop background seems to b...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Windows Spotlight doesn't work on lock screen but desktop background seems to b...: Windows 11 Windows Spotlight doesn't work on lock screen but desktop background seems to b working fine.. Hello I was Having this problem of windows spotlight on lockscreen and only showing default blue since like september and oct and for now EVEN after 23h2 out . this was...
  5. Windows 11 Windows Spotlight doesn't work on lock screen but desktop background seems to b...

Windows 11 Windows Spotlight doesn't work on lock screen but desktop background seems to b...: Windows 11 Windows Spotlight doesn't work on lock screen but desktop background seems to b working fine.. Hello I was Having this problem of windows spotlight on lockscreen and only showing default blue since like september and oct and for now EVEN after 23h2 out . this was...
  6. Windows Spotlight doesn't work on lock screen Windows 11

Windows Spotlight doesn't work on lock screen Windows 11: Hello,I couple of months now, Windows Spotlight refuses to work on lock screen. It works fine as a desktop background.Things I have tried multiple times:Resetting Windows Spotlight in settingsDeleting ContentDeliveryManager Assets and SettingsRe-registering packages through...
  7. Windows Spotlight doesn't work on lock screen Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight doesn't work on lock screen Windows 11: Hello,I couple of months now, Windows Spotlight refuses to work on lock screen. It works fine as a desktop background.Things I have tried multiple times:Resetting Windows Spotlight in settingsDeleting ContentDeliveryManager Assets and SettingsRe-registering packages through...
  8. In Windows 11, the lock screen spotlight doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11, the lock screen spotlight doesn't work: In Windows 11, the lock screen spotlight doesn't work. All I get is the blue ribbon screen. I really would like the new pic every day back for the lock screen. Is there a fix?...
  9. In Windows 11, the lock screen spotlight doesn't work

In Windows 11, the lock screen spotlight doesn't work: In Windows 11, the lock screen spotlight doesn't work. All I get is the blue ribbon screen. I really would like the new pic every day back for the lock screen. Is there a fix?...
  10. Windows Spotlight Doesn't work

Windows Spotlight Doesn't work: So, when i change my background to 'Spotlight', what i get is this standard windows 11 wallpaper, and even after waiting for 24 hours for the spotlight wallpapers to refresh, it still is on that same standard windows 11 wallpaper....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dailypic app

2. spotlight doesnt work