Windows 10: windows spotlight feature is missing from the dropdown selection

Discus and support windows spotlight feature is missing from the dropdown selection in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; windows spotlight feature is missing from the dropdown selection; WinVersion 1909 build: 18363.329... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EshonEd.EDW, Sep 9, 2019.

1. windows spotlight feature is missing from the dropdown selection

windows spotlight feature is missing from the dropdown selection; WinVersion 1909 build: 18363.329

:)

EshonEd.EDW, Sep 9, 2019

2. Windows Spotlight missing from dropdown menu

Hello,

I've just rebuild from scratch my computer. I've installed the Windows 10 Pro N version and now I've no way to activate Windows SpotLight anymore. Before the format&reinstall it was working regularly.

Now there's no option available in the dropdown menù at all... just "picture" and "slideshow" (see the picture below).

I already tried to run the System File Checker, but no errors were found.

I also tried to delete the settings and the assets in \AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\ and then run the command (from an administrative PowerShell):

1. Get-AppxPackage -allusers *ContentDeliveryManager* | foreach
      {Add-AppxPackage
      "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode -register
      }
    but it downloads only the setting files and nothing more, no option in the dropdown and no activation available, even after a reboot.

Any suggestions on how to add it manually or how to solve this problem? I find SpotLight really relaxing and interesting...

windows spotlight feature is missing from the dropdown selection 9dafbbff-8cc8-4a39-b4c7-e894f6625571?upload=true.png

Maosh Garyx, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Windows Spotlight Not Working/ Changing Back to "Picture" Setting

Hi Zach,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

The above issue might occur if you have any corrupted/missing app files & folders conflicting with the system Settings on the computer.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Personalization and click on Lock screen from the left side panel of the window.
    • From the dropdown bar under Background, select
      Picture
      and wait for the picture preview to be shown under Preview on the same window.
    • From the same dropdown bar, select Windows Spotlight and wait for the preview picture to be shown under
      Preview.
    • Lock the screen by pressing Windows logo + L keys on the keyboard and check if the changes are effective.

Please revert if you face any issues with Windows Spotlight in future.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

windows spotlight feature is missing from the dropdown selection

Windows Spotlight is selected but it doesn't work.

Hi Wagner,

This issue with Windows Spotlight can be caused by corrupted system files.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try to run the System File Checker tool to scan and repair missing or corrupted system files. Click
    here for more information on how to run the System File Checker tool.

We also suggest that you re-register Windows Spotlight by following the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, select Picture or
      Slideshow
    • Once done, press Windows key + S and type PowerShell, right click on Windows PowerShell, and choose
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the administrator credentials once prompted.
    • In Windows PowerShell window, type or copy and paste this command:

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *ContentDeliveryManager* | foreach {Add-AppxPackage "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode -register }
    • Press Enter.
    • Go back to Settings and set Windows Spotlight as the background.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

windows spotlight feature is missing from the dropdown selection

1. windows spotlight feature is missing from the dropdown selection - Similar Threads - spotlight feature missing

2. Windows spotlight missing from lock screen dropdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spotlight missing from lock screen dropdown: Despite not being enrolled or managed by any organization. Windows Settings claims my settings are managed by one, and the option to use Windows Spotlight is missing entirely from the dropdown menu.Things I've tried without success;Get-AppxPackage -allusers...
  3. Windows spotlight missing from lock screen dropdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight missing from lock screen dropdown: Despite not being enrolled or managed by any organization. Windows Settings claims my settings are managed by one, and the option to use Windows Spotlight is missing entirely from the dropdown menu.Things I've tried without success;``Get-AppxPackage -allusers...
  4. No Windows spotlight feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Windows spotlight feature: No Windows spotlight feature on my pc. any option to sort it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-windows-spotlight-feature/87c0f9e2-e775-4833-b303-29dd340c576a
  5. No Windows spotlight feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Windows spotlight feature: No Windows spotlight feature on my pc. any option to sort it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-windows-spotlight-feature/87c0f9e2-e775-4833-b303-29dd340c576a
  6. Spotlight option in dropdown not available... Any Help??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Spotlight option in dropdown not available... Any Help??: I am using windows 10 pro education and I realised that I do not have the option ofspotlight in "Personalisation". [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-option-in-dropdown-not-available-any/9f95c40b-9beb-4195-bd96-914414b96750
  7. Windows Spotlight is missing from Lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Spotlight is missing from Lock screen: I noticed Windows Lockscreen is missing from "Background" dropdown list in Settings>Personalization>Lock screen, is there any way to re-enable it? The Assets folder from AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState doesn't exist...
  8. file name selection dropdown

in Cortana
    file name selection dropdown: i know this isnt hyper specific but im having trouble with a file selection related issue its hard to put into words but its something like this i would be on discord uploading a file i would type in this box the first couple letters of a file name and it would pop up with...
  9. Windows Spotlight missing from dropdown menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight missing from dropdown menu: Hello, I've just rebuild from scratch my computer. I've installed the Windows 10 Pro N version and now I've no way to activate Windows SpotLight anymore. Before the format&reinstall it was working regularly. Now there's no option available in the dropdown menù at all......
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu Dropdown Selections

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu Dropdown Selections: In the version of Win10 I used for the past year I could right click in a Word Doc pinned to the start menu icon and click Print. That PC died in January after 6+ years. I have an HP Omen 1 week old. Office H&B was pre-installed. Now there are fewer selections in the...